waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
    You ain't dense squire, believe me, when my mate mentioned that there was a clairvoyant in town the other week his missus wanted to know who clair was, now that's thick!
    My mom played the claravoyent in her college marching band....

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
      Way to entice the laydeez...
      lol.... if'n onlyit would work

Comment

Way to entice the laydeez...
        See, even uintentionally the mans got the gift.....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        My mom played the claravoyent in her college marching band....
        It would seem talent runs in the family!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
        lol.... if'n onlyit would work
        Methink the man doth protest too much....

Comment

See, even uintentionally the mans got the gift.....

It would seem talent runs in the family!

Methink the man doth protest too much....
          There was a very rude joke to be made in there somewhere about his mum blowing hard on a split reed, but it's late and I'm sauced and I cannot quite get it to gel...

...aplologised the actress to the bishop.
          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Oh, grandma! What a big head you have

Send them back, or keep the frames?

Comment

• Every time I see a photo of myself, this is what I see...(I'm the blond)...

Comment

Send them back, or keep the frames?
                They looks alright to me, but that don't mean a lot as I ain't exactly Gok Wan....

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                Every time I see a photo of myself, this is what I see...(I'm the blond)...
                That's a relief!

Comment

They looks alright to me, but that don't mean a lot as I ain't exactly Gok Wan....

That's a relief!
                  yup...

tiz true... I can't picture BG with facial hair......

Comment

• Eye test. I loathe getting my eyes tested, but the good news is my prescription is stable. That's about four years now that it hasn't changed. One day I will get them lasered, hopefully one day soon. I did the preliminary investigations in the UK a few years back, but it was just too expensive - beyond eye watering, even. Dragged husband and small boy to the optician and asked husband if any of the frames they showed me suited better than the librarian frames. Evidently not. I shall keep an eye out (boom-boom) for a good deal on another pair of frames, but in the interim I paid the premium and got Specsavers to glaze the new frames with super-thin lenses. I made them print out my prescription so that I can, in theory at least, find cheap glasses on the internetz.

B: 2T p'nut butter, juice, coffee, eggs scrambled in butter
                    L: avo, tuna, salsa, cheese, sour cream... and a few tortilla chips (oops)
                    D: roast chicken and roast veggies (brussels, carrots, pumpkin and beetroot - doing spuds for the XYs). I had the wings and the crispy skin, the boys had a leg each. We really need a three-legged chicken.

With the leftovers:
                    plain pumpkin and carrot soup (add a bit of water, the roasting olive oil and a large knob of butter, a bit of truffle salt: blend) this one is boy palate friendly
                    chicken breast will form the base of a stirfry tomorrow (also using up the rice from Friday)
                    the bones have gone into the Golgotha bag in the freezer (I have one for each animal)
                    the leftover roasting juices/oil have gone in the slow cooker together with an aubergine, 1.5 red capsicum and a courgette to make ratatouille for lunches
                    the leftover spuds will help make a nice frittata

Overnight, I made yoghurt - HUGE bucket, it says feta, but it's yoghurt

Confusingly, the soup and what remains of the feta are both stored in yoghurt buckets:

What can I say? I like to buy and feed in bulk.
                    Last edited by badgergirl; 09-07-2013, 01:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                      yup...

tiz true... I can't picture BG with facial hair......
                      Let me help you out

Comment

• B: yoghurt, coffee
                        L: pumpkin soup
                        Party treat: dark chocolate cake
                        D: chicken stirfry: beansprouts, red capsicum, baby corn, onion, broc, pineapple, carrot, rice wine, five spice, sesame oil, sweet chili sauce

Over-privileged child birthday party in the foothills of the Macedon ranges. Day spent doing chores. So tired now in that Sunday night, school tomorrow kind of a way.

Comment

• B: yoghurt, coffee
                          L: leftover chicken; a date
                          D: tortilla - eggs, capsicum, bacon, onion, spinach, boys have leftover potatoes and 'tasty' cheese, I have feta; yoghurt - the latest batch is soooo good

I am sore. Why is it that push ups make my neck hurt? Am I doing it wrong? That said, I'm getting better at doing it wrong, so who knows. My legs are also feeling kind of heavy and sluggish. I've started squeezing random (flailing and slow) sprints into my days. If you are in Melbourne and see an uncoordinated woman moving erratically and at some speed in full office wear (invariably with a slip showing or some other random clothing malfunction), that'll be me. Please look the other way.

I want bed days, but I don't want to use either my annual leave or my sick leave, both of which are accruing nicely. I'm staring at many weeks of full-time work and I'm not happy about it. Christmas feels a long way off. Equally, I want my current quilt to be finished, but I don't want to sew - an unsolvable conundrum.

Husband is fired up about 3D printing, seeing it as a 'revenue stream' along with the RPG stuff. I find this heartbreaking. I don't want to crush him and lord knows we need revenue streams, but I've been here so many times before. He will spend hours, days, weeks developing this and it will go nowhere meaningful. The RPG stuff has made us about $2000 in three years, nice and all, but stacking shelves would have been a more profitable use of his time. He's 40 in a few weeks time and I fear he will never hold down a job again.
                          Last edited by badgergirl; 09-09-2013, 12:59 AM. Reason: change of dinner

Comment

What can I say? I like to buy and feed in bulk.
                            You ain't kidding, partial to yoghurt then.....

I am sore. Why is it that push ups make my neck hurt? Am I doing it wrong? That said, I'm getting better at doing it wrong, so who knows. My legs are also feeling kind of heavy and sluggish. I've started squeezing random (flailing and slow) sprints into my days. If you are in Melbourne and see an uncoordinated woman moving erratically and at some speed in full office wear (invariably with a slip showing or some other random clothing malfunction), that'll be me. Please look the other way.
                            I'd love to see they sprints....Trying to think why the press ups would cause neck ache, the only obvious thing I can think of is form!

Husband is fired up about 3D printing, seeing it as a 'revenue stream' along with the RPG stuff. I find this heartbreaking. I don't want to crush him and lord knows we need revenue streams, but I've been here so many times before. He will spend hours, days, weeks developing this and it will go nowhere meaningful. The RPG stuff has made us about $2000 in three years, nice and all, but staking shelves would have been a more profitable use of his time. He's 40 in a few weeks time and I fear he will never hold down a job again.
                            You ain't gonna be able to retire on that revenue, good luck with that!

Comment

You ain't gonna be able to retire on that revenue, good luck with that!
                              I will be working until the day I die at this rate - I've done the calculations.

Comment

I'd love to see they sprints...
                                Melbourne is a notoriously windy city. I mainly wear skirts and dresses rather than trousers. I've had too many Marilyn moments for comfort so now I nearly always wear a slip, but sometimes it, well, slips when I run. Oh, the hardships etc.

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                Trying to think why the press ups would cause neck ache, the only obvious thing I can think of is form!
                                That's what I was worried about. Sit ups make my jaw and throat ache for much the same reason. The soreness is where the shoulders join the spine and leaves me feeling slightly queasy. I should probably ask husband to correct my form, but that's kind of humiliating so I avoid asking.

Comment

Working...
                                X