No announcement yet.

waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I love that the three of us have now shared a(n albeit virtual) mega-sized bottle of pear cider. It brings out the Isle of Wight in me. Any minute now one of us will have to stop swinging (in the kids' playground sense) to go and throw up.
    Last edited by badgergirl; 09-05-2013, 01:41 AM.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
      I love that the three of us have now shared a(n albeit virtual) mega-sized bottle of pear cider. It brings out the Isle of Wight in me. Any minute now one of us will have to stop swinging (in the kids' playground sense) to go and throw up.
      As my wife highly disapproves of me swinging in any other context, and I am at work, it shant be me loudly professing my faith to the porcelain god.... Advil and water as a precauting to a hangover.... and bless you for the cheers!

Comment

I love that the three of us have now shared a(n albeit virtual) mega-sized bottle of pear cider. It brings out the Isle of Wight in me. Any minute now one of us will have to stop swinging (in the kids' playground sense) to go and throw up.
        Ah, memories, Natch was (and probably still is for the youth of today) the beverage of choice for alfresco evenings down the park!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
          Ah, memories, Natch was (and probably still is for the youth of today) the beverage of choice for alfresco evenings down the park!
          Diamond White girl here. Six bottles and I'd be off my swing.

Later, we graduated to Thunderbird and 20/20.

Comment

Thunderbird, that stuff was dangerous, red or blue label? Scottish bloke I once knew called it the pocket rocket as I believe it was the gentleman of leisure's preferred tipple at the time, a superior American fortified turpentine I believe, tried it once, and that was enough, deadly! The Scots are fond of Buckfast Tonic Wine now, so I hear!
            Saying that Diamond White and the old MD20/20 weren't for the faint hearted either....

Comment

lol.... Wild Irish Rose...

Comment

• It's not even lunch time, but since I know what's going on my plate today I may as well update early...
                B: coffee, two eggs scrambled in butter, knob of brie
                L: curried pumpkin soup (home made, obvs)
                D: shin of beef borscht, with sour cream

Whoo-momma. I like spicy food, hellz do I like spicy food, but I way overdid it on the curry spices in that soup. No hint of pumpkin - it was all fire. And now I'm 'enjoying' a real humdinger of a mid-afternoon menopause. Ah well, turmeric, cumin, chili, fenugreek...gotta be good for me.

I'm eating less and waggling weights more - the change of season is obviously having an effect. Actually, I was eager to do more exercise last night, which is very rare.

Mixed verdict on the sexy librarian frames. They look very winged on my face... I am unsure. Maybe I just need a decent haircut to help me pull them off.
                Last edited by badgergirl; 09-05-2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  "Another web page claims that this foul beverage is a conspiracy by the republicans to kill the homeless."

Comment

• yeah, republlicans hate the homeless,.... and gays,.... and women,..... and furiners...... and non-whites.... or so the story goes....

Comment

I presume that was the libation of your youth?! Looks like another tramps mouthwash....

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                      Whoo-momma. I like spicy food, hellz do I like spicy food, but I way overdid it on the curry spices in that soup. No hint of pumpkin - it was all fire. And now I'm 'enjoying' a real humdinger of a mid-afternoon menopause. Ah well, turmeric, cumin, chili, fenugreek...gotta be good for me.

I'm eating less and waggling weights more - the change of season is obviously having an effect. Actually, I was eager to do more exercise last night, which is very rare.

Mixed verdict on the sexy librarian frames. They look very winged on my face... I am unsure. Maybe I just need a decent haircut to help me pull them off.
                      That soup sounds right up my street, I always say food should be a challange....A few drops of this chilli sauce makes it most palatable!

Wahay on the weight waggling, and enjoying it!

Sounds like a good excuse for a bit of pandery to me....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                      yeah, republlicans hate the homeless,.... and gays,.... and women,..... and furiners...... and non-whites.... or so the story goes....
                      Not an expert on your politics, ours is bad enough, but is that they types who still don't believe in fire....

Comment

I presume that was the libation of your youth?! Looks like another tramps mouthwash....

That soup sounds right up my street, I always say food should be a challange....A few drops of this chilli sauce makes it most palatable!

Wahay on the weight waggling, and enjoying it!

Sounds like a good excuse for a bit of pandery to me....

Not an expert on your politics, ours is bad enough, but is that they types who still don't believe in fire....
                        lol.. Actually I never drank as a youth. I "learned" how to drink when I was stationed with the US Marines.... I learned from the best!

politicians are all lying weasels..... worse than used car salesmen.

Comment

lol.. Actually I never drank as a youth. I "learned" how to drink when I was stationed with the US Marines.... I learned from the best!

politicians are all lying weasels..... worse than used car salesmen.
                          No point in getting learnt from any of them there amer tures now is there....

Agreed, they got the soul of a harpie.

Comment

No point in getting learnt from any of them there amer tures now is there....

Agreed, they got the soul of a harpie.
                            I didn't know harpies had souls!..... interesting that... oh hellsbells, that would be your point! Somedays I think I should change my name to Woody, cuz I'm so dense...

Comment

I didn't know harpies had souls!..... interesting that... oh hellsbells, that would be your point! Somedays I think I should change my name to Woody, cuz I'm so dense...
                              You ain't dense squire, believe me, when my mate mentioned that there was a clairvoyant in town the other week his missus wanted to know who clair was, now that's thick!

Comment

Somedays I think I should change my name to Woody, cuz I'm so dense...
                                Way to entice the laydeez...

Comment

Working...
                                X