waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
    The scariest words one can hear are "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"..... they may be from the government, but they are rarely helpful...
    They're more of a quango than a govt dept, although they advise/affect govt policy. The problem, from my lowly standpoint, seems to be that at a certain level the profession is made up of people who loathe and despise each other, both within our organisation and within the quango concerned with policing our organisation. If I was in government I'd strip all such organisations of their powers and invite the universities to take over. Education should not be left to amateurs. I'd also like to see the education for doctors, nurses and allied health professionals centrally demarcated rather than have each profession declare its own areas of expertise - the turf wars are intensely political (not to mention gendered and with an unhealthy dose of power inequality) ugly, destructive and not in the interests of good patient care.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• That food sounds proper BG, (bar the parmesan), broc, ummm....

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
      The scariest words one can hear are "I'm from the government, and I'm here to help"..... they may be from the government, but they are rarely helpful...
      It's hidden statment, what it really means is 'I'm here to gut you with a rusty spoon, alive'!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
        It's hidden statment, what it really means is 'I'm here to gut you with a rusty spoon, alive'!

Comment

• lol.... that was exactly the quote I was thinking of when I read DD's comment....

Comment

• Classic film that!

Comment

• Alan Rickman is delicious.

Today, sadly, I have not been feasting on Alan...rather:
              B: two eggs scrambled in butter, coffee
              L: three dates, a melon cube and a strawberry (yay! leftovers); spinach leaves and broc (my own leftovers); spoon of beef rendang; two spoons of chicken korma; small lump of blue cheese (sorry, DD); two walnut halves (yay! leftovers...ugh, did I eat too much?)
              D: TBD... turned out to be a mid-size tin of tuna and an avocado. And Frangellico. Yes? Yes!

Double lap of the park today. Weather here is a wonderful 26C, ah, lovely.

I'm on bath, story, bed duty tonight for the small boy - who has been dry for a record five days in a row, we might just have cracked it. He is getting fish and chips with husband right now.

Tomorrow is the last day of quango-ville (and catering). We will learn, in broad strokes, if we're allowed to continue to exist. Hmmm.

I've been having nightmares/anxiety dreams. Awoke this morning, having been driven around in a taxi with a corpse in the back that was being delivered to an empty house to await burial. No. I've no idea either.

I'm kind of over MDA forums and the zealots. Raised eyebrows aplenty and, frankly, it's getting OLD.

But I love my little journal and the buddies. Gah. What to do?
              Last edited by badgergirl; 09-04-2013, 01:42 AM. Reason: know/no - blimey

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                Alan Rickman is delicious.
                AR didn't do a lot for me for some reason, the girl who played Maid Marian on the other hand....

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                I'm on bath, story, bed duty tonight for the small boy - who has been dry for a record five days in a row, we might just have cracked it. He is getting fish and chips with husband right now.
                That's good news on the little 'un, hopefully, digits crossed and stuff!

I've been having nightmares/anxiety dreams. Awoke this morning, having been driven around in a taxi with a corpse in the back that was being delivered to an empty house to await burial. No. I've know idea either.
                Strange one that, not sure what to make of nightmares, whether it's some sort of stress thing or not! Could be the cheese....

I'm kind of over MDA forums and the zealots. Raised eyebrows aplenty and, frankly, it's getting OLD.

Don't look at the forums that much anymore, may have a cursory glance in the odds and ends and success stories, but the fuckwits spouting shite on nutrition and exercise grate on my posterior, so give them away!
                I think there maybe a few forum avoiders.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                  Alan Rickman is delicious.

Today, sadly, I have not been feasting on Alan...rather:
                  B: two eggs scrambled in butter, coffee
                  L: three dates, a melon cube and a strawberry (yay! leftovers); spinach leaves and broc (my own leftovers); spoon of beef rendang; two spoons of chicken korma; small lump of blue cheese (sorry, DD); two walnut halves (yay! leftovers...ugh, did I eat too much?)
                  D: TBD... turned out to be a mid-size tin of tuna and an avocado. And Frangellico. Yes? Yes!

Double lap of the park today. Weather here is a wonderful 26C, ah, lovely.

Tomorrow is the last day of quango-ville (and catering). We will learn, in broad strokes, if we're allowed to continue to exist. Hmmm.

I've been having nightmares/anxiety dreams. Awoke this morning, having been driven around in a taxi with a corpse in the back that was being delivered to an empty house to await burial. No. I've know idea either.

Yeah for dry boy x 5 days!

I read ALOT of stuff, and have tried on a couple of occasions to wade through Jung's works on dreams etc.... My question would be, does this dream sequence have any timing relative to job inspection/regulatory compliance visit? Could they be related? I'm no expert...

I'm with you on the forums... I have little need for zealots of any flavor..... though I do take some enjoyment out of poking them with a stick and watching their heads spin around backwards.....

Comment

AR didn't do a lot for me for some reason, the girl who played Maid Marian on the other hand....

That's good news on the little 'un, hopefully, digits crossed and stuff!

Strange one that, not sure what to make of nightmares, whether it's some sort of stress thing or not! Could be the cheese....

Don't look at the forums that much anymore, may have a cursory glance in the odds and ends and success stories, but the fuckwits spouting shite on nutrition and exercise grate on my posterior, so give them away!
                    I think there maybe a few forum avoiders.
                    Marion was meh.... the old crone did flip my switch a bit though! woo hooo..... lol

yes there are fukknuckles in some of the forums.... and they are best to be avoided, unless you are poking them to hav a llittle sadistic fun...

Comment

• Being an equal opportunities employer, I could have made room for Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio or Alan Rickman, but actually I'd rather have Alan and Juliet Stevenson. I saw Truly Madly Deeply at a very impressionable age. Anthony Minghella grew up on the Isle (his family still make the *best* ice cream) and was good friends with the deputy head at my high school.

Yes, re small boy - I think we may have turned a corner. Three days of wearing nappies (pull ups) and he seems to be fixed. I'm sure there will be stumbles, but it's a big relief.

The dreams. My mother, the new-age woo-goddess that she is, would have plenty of ideas. I've internalised some of the easy-to-grasp symbolism, unfortunately, but I try to ignore it. In a taxi = this is a broad metaphor for moving through life, interesting that I'm not in the driving seat, but I am dictating the destination (and paying for the pleasure). The corpse. Well. There's something that's died in my life. I'm not trying to resurrect it, but I am intent on keeping it with me/storing it safely, before burying it.

Not connected with work, I think. Since the big meetings do not affect me - unless the government/quango put us out of business, which would be almost as disastrous for them (federal election just around the corner) as for us.

Comment

Marion was meh.... the old crone did flip my switch a bit though! woo hooo..... lol

yes there are fukknuckles in some of the forums.... and they are best to be avoided, unless you are poking them to hav a llittle sadistic fun...
                        You're a sick puppy, saying that though, nothing wrong with a bit of carbon dating....

Being an equal opportunities employer, I could have made room for Mary Elizabeth Mastrantonio or Alan Rickman, but actually I'd rather have Alan and Juliet Stevenson. I saw Truly Madly Deeply at a very impressionable age. Anthony Minghella grew up on the Isle (his family still make the *best* ice cream) and was good friends with the deputy head at my high school.

Yes, re small boy - I think we may have turned a corner. Three days of wearing nappies (pull ups) and he seems to be fixed. I'm sure there will be stumbles, but it's a big relief.

The dreams. My mother, the new-age woo-goddess that she is, would have plenty of ideas. I've internalised some of the easy-to-grasp symbolism, unfortunately, but I try to ignore it. In a taxi = this is a broad metaphor for moving through life, interesting that I'm not in the driving seat, but I am dictating the destination (and paying for the pleasure). The corpse. Well. There's something that's died in my life. I'm not trying to resurrect it, but I am intent on keeping it with me/storing it safely, before burying it.

Not connected with work, I think. Since the big meetings do not affect me - unless the government/quango put us out of business, which would be almost as disastrous for them (federal election just around the corner) as for us.
                        Always good to see equality I say, gives you an outrospective (If that's a word) opinion....

Wahoo on the boy.

Looks a pretty good synopsis that, I wouldn't put nowt past goverments, just hope they see some sense!

Comment

You're a sick puppy, saying that though, nothing wrong with a bit of carbon dating....

Always good to see equality I say, gives you an outrospective (If that's a word) opinion....

Wahoo on the boy.

Looks a pretty good synopsis that, I wouldn't put nowt past goverments, just hope they see some sense!
                          At my age, the old crone would be a fair catch! I'm no young stud puppy as youz!

Comment

At my age, the old crone would be a fair catch! I'm no young stud puppy as youz!
                            Lol, you ain't no fossil yet & me a young stud, I bist a great (well not so great, actually) uncle, don't ya know, and me sisters younger than me....

Comment

Lol, you ain't no fossil yet & me a young stud, I bist a great (well not so great, actually) uncle, don't ya know, and me sisters younger than me....
                              She cute? She like older gents? lol

Comment

She cute? She like older gents? lol
                                LMAO, she ain't cute, she's like me with fatter arse and she's had more kids than a randy goat, the gent's (yeah right) do seem to like her though for some reason, not sure why....err!

Comment

Working...
                                X