Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
    Ha! That's not such a bad idea...
    Casual off the cuff thought comes good, there's a first!

Another crap nights sleep, even after your early retirement, that's a bummer!

I think that maybe one of the better reasons for not getting hitched, no in-laws to contend with....

And hope the insides are better today.

Comment

• W/e of stomach cramps finally resolved itself in a couple of short bouts of diarrhoea. That said, stomach still cramping now, so 'resolved' might be putting it a bit strongly. Husband's friend told him that our area is currently in the grip of a gastro outbreak - so am I feeling off because I've picked up something on the train *shudders* or because of a solitary off oyster on Friday? I wonder if any co-workers have been suffering. Tomorrow will tell.

Spent the day doing chores and mending clothes. The mending pile had been sitting on my dressing table for a couple of weeks, but in the end the fixes took all of half an hour. Five loads of laundry. Changed the sheets... It's a glamorous life I lead.

B: yoghurt, sultanas, coffee
      S: sultanas - felt the need to help my griping gut out a little
      L: pineapple rings, scrambled eggs, bacon (the boys had homemade pizza - small boy wanted to make bread)
      D: pork ribs, broc, carrots
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Try an aloe juice processed specifically for drinking, a splash in some diluted apple cider. I do that with the kids. Sorry your guts are still gurgling - that hurts.

I know about glamorous - you should have seen me when three of mine were still in diapers and pull-ups - simultaneously. I honestly thought some days that if I had just ONE more ass or face to wipe, I would turn into something evil. And if I went down to the laundry, it would assuredly happen.

First made me feel better about laundry the other day, quite by accident - a sleeping bag had just come out of the dryer, and she happened to be down there as well, so I wrapped the still-warm and fragrant thing around her, and First actually laughed and breathed deep and just smiiiiiiiiiiled at me.
        I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Stomach gripes have been joined by the week of joy - my entire midsection hates me right now. So, I fed it nonsense, who knows why - it seemed a bad idea at the time and it was.

B: nuts, sultanas, yoghurt, coffee
          L: three cakey things, carrot and coconut soup
          D: topless cottage pie - the boys had the real deal.

Comment

• B: yoghurt, handful of nuts, coffee
            L: carrot, coconut and coriander soup
            D: lamb pan-fried with cinnamon and cumin, butternut mashed with cumin, chili and butter and some peas

Mag is about to go to press so I'm pretty busy this week and the day went very quickly. I'm also incredibly over a parenting crisis that we seem unable to resolve: small boy is wetting himself on a daily basis and we have no idea why. This has been going on since he started school and husband and I are at out wits end. Every night I come home to be greeted with a child in his pajamas, because he's come home in wet clothes. Everything - the car, particularly - smells. It's really wearing us down.

Comment

B: yoghurt, handful of nuts, coffee
              L: carrot, coconut and coriander soup
              D: lamb pan-fried with cinnamon and cumin, butternut mashed with cumin, chili and butter and some peas

Mag is about to go to press so I'm pretty busy this week and the day went very quickly. I'm also incredibly over a parenting crisis that we seem unable to resolve: small boy is wetting himself on a daily basis and we have no idea why. This has been going on since he started school and husband and I are at out wits end. Every night I come home to be greeted with a child in his pajamas, because he's come home in wet clothes. Everything - the car, particularly - smells. It's really wearing us down.
              Dinner sounds delish!

Good for mag getting published.... accomplishment is a good thing

Sorry for the parenting ordeal. Is young'un having difficulty at school? How old is young'un?

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                Dinner sounds delish!

Good for mag getting published.... accomplishment is a good thing

Sorry for the parenting ordeal. Is young'un having difficulty at school? How old is young'un?
                He's five and a half. He loves school. He loves school so much he doesn't want to interrupt his activities to use the toilet. It's driving us insane...

Comment

He's five and a half. He loves school. He loves school so much he doesn't want to interrupt his activities to use the toilet. It's driving us insane...
                  ahhhhhh... I was going the other direction... he hated it, was being bullied etc.... yeah he is well past the potty by hiz-self age... I can only imagine the frustration.... do his peers give him grief over it? Kids at that age can be pretty mean.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                    ahhhhhh... I was going the other direction... he hated it, was being bullied etc.... yeah he is well past the potty by hiz-self age... I can only imagine the frustration.... do his peers give him grief over it? Kids at that age can be pretty mean.
                    Not yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Most of the kids are a bit older than him.

Comment

Not yet, but I'm sure it's only a matter of time. Most of the kids are a bit older than him.
                      Well, it may be that the peer pressure will take care of the problem...... (hopefully) without causing other issues in the process.

Comment

• Our Bob the Builder auctions have kicked off - the die-cast models are selling for double what we paid for them...

Comment

Our Bob the Builder auctions have kicked off - the die-cast models are selling for double what we paid for them...
                          yey for profit!

Comment

Our Bob the Builder auctions have kicked off - the die-cast models are selling for double what we paid for them...
                            Happy days, let the wonga roll in!
                            Last edited by Dhansakdave; 08-13-2013, 03:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                              Happy days, let the wonga roll in!
                              Funnily enough... My promised payrise arrived today. It is a welcome development. I have told husband he can go to the dentist (you have no idea what that means, but let me tell you: it means months and months of work. Expensive work.)

Comment

• I avoid cavity cowboys like the plague........

Comment

Working...
                                X