waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
    Small boy is delightful, wonderful, intelligent, a joy...his teacher told us. Yay! We win at parenting
    Small boy got praise, kisses and cuddles and we read the final chapter of the Neverending Story at bedtime. Sometimes being a mum is the best thing ever. He *is* a good boy. (He also did a turd in his undies - the little fecker - every silver lining needs a cloud.)

B: yoghurt, nuts, coffee
    L: nearly finished the lasagna thingyamijig
    D: pork cooked in apple juice with leeks, onion, garlic, carrots and celery (I'd have used cider, but we had the juice on hand); broc; an orange
    whats that saying?.... shit happens....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
      Sounds like a good lad, you should have given yourself an extra smiley! (Don't worry about the odd brown mistake, my brother still does that and he's nearly fifty, ((especially after an indulgance or two))!

That dinner sounds absolutely lush again, is it morally right to cook with cider though?!
      Cooking with cider is OK... it is a mortal sin to SPILL cider though..... straight to the seventh level on the Express slide

Comment

• In my quiet moments, I often think up dream dinner party menus (I also spend huge amounts of time on the 'when I win the lottery' daydreams - le sigh - I've got as far as advertising for a permaculture farmer to run my smallholding and investing in a restaurant that the smallholding would supply all in Woodend, which is where Tom Dickins lives, I discovered co-incidentally yesterday, but I digress).

Anyway, I'd love to cook for all my primal buddies one day. I'd do a multi-course formal dinner......well, I suppose it depends on the season, but it's winter here and my thoughts turn to:
        Goose liver, cherry and brandy pate with crudites
        roast pork belly with fennel seeds and crackling and a bitter leaf salad with orange zest vinaigrette
        salmi of guinea fowl with roast chestnuts and bacon
        Roast forerib of beef (I warn you, I only do rare); butternut mash with spiced onions; roast beetroot with poppy seeds; salted brussels with garlic; honeyed parsnips and carrots
        Cardomon-infused coconut cream pannacotta with dark chocolate rose leaves and raspberry coulis

I expect I'd end up doing another couple of puddings, too.

Cheese board - I favour strong English farmhouse (from yarg to Stinking Bishop) and French soft cheeses, a few challenging blues.

Aperitifs, wines, brandy.

Back in the real world, it's steak of some kind tonight.
        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Good day all!

Ye gods, I'd crawl over seven miles of broken glass to look at that platter, let alone eat it, the word 'salivate' ain't the word, dream away!

I'm a bit of a heathen though as I don't like cheese, but if you like soft French cheeses, my esteemed brother swears by this stuff Buy Epoisses de Bourgogne cheese at Pong, apparently it smells like dog shit, but once it gets passed your lips it's very nice, I take his word for it!

Enjoy your steak, it's what I got as well!

Comment

• I have previous...food is notoriously difficult to photograph, but:

I like making blini - 100% buckwheat - too:
            Last edited by badgergirl; 06-19-2013, 01:30 AM.

Comment

• Can't see 'owt, me dear, probably just as well, if it looks as well as most of what you make sounds, I'll eat me monitor!

Comment

• oh dear, I put links in to FB pages, perhaps I see them because I'm logged in to FB.

Comment

• test:

Do you see a juicy pear?

Comment

I have previous...food is notoriously difficult to photograph, but:
                    What an awesome rack.......

Comment

• Oh yes indeed, a very juicy pear!!

Comment

test:

Do you see a juicy pear?
                        I see 2 objects.... does that make it a delctable pair of pears? or just a nice pear?

Comment

• not primal, but what the hell:

Comment

• Fork me, there be a calorie or two in that, it must have caused a sugar dearth!!

Comment

• or a diabetic coma at the very least.....

Comment

• Ah, friends. You make me a very happy badger. Speaking of badgers, I just wrote to best friend. The letter began 'My dearest, badgeriest, snuffly-yiff friend,' and ended 'Sending whiskery, bestial, furry love on a swing'.
                                See, it's not just Virginia Woolf who airs the marmots.

B: yoghurt, coffee
                                L: chili (home made)
                                D: steak, carrots, egg, bacon - god love emptying the fridge before our holiday

School soiree tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X