Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And these too...

mine are more pewter and less silver.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• In my head I'm dark Willow: bored now.

Comment

• Small boy went on a sleepover at school on Monday and was clearly wiped out last night, but what a wonderful way to get tired. While he was having his bath we spoke about what it means to miss someone - when you love someone and they are far away - because we had missed each other. Small boy, unprompted, made the comparison between him missing me, but still having fun, and me missing my family who live in England. Then we spoke about him being English and Australian half and half. I said that he was growing up in Australia, so it is natural that he should feel more Australian, but then he told me that he would also grow while we are in England.

My heart melted into a puddle.

Comment

• Very true, and also incredibly Cute.
          Annie Ups the Ante
          http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• It's been a year. I reached perfection and went backwards fast. Now I seem to be standing still or inching - milimetring? - forward. There have been good changes and some not-so-good changes. I want to say I'm in a better place than I was, but it's hard to see that this is true. It feels as though I've spent a year frantically moving, but getting nowhere. It's been a YEAR.

Comment

• Happy anniversary!

Did the whoosh happen?
              "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• It happened. And then THE BINGE. Effing bacon man.

Comment

• This is why diets Faileo...
                  "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Because I struggle with a depressed spouse, emigrating, my father losing his faculties, the concept of having an affair and resort to eating to overcompensate for emotions buried in childhood including, but not limited to, severe illness, adoption, incest and bullying... Yeah. I think, truly, what I put in my mouth is the least of it. But when you said journalling allowed you to see how people chase their tails, endlessly. Well. I chase a lot of tail.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                      Well. I chase a lot of tail.
                      woo hooo a women after my own heart! ... lol sorry, couldn't resist.... it was a post about sausage that started it....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                        woo hooo a women after my own heart! ... lol sorry, couldn't resist.... it was a post about sausage that started it....
                        I bet you catch more than I do. *sob*

Comment

I bet you catch more than I do. *sob*
                          Don't count on it.... just the one I married.....

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            Don't count on it.... just the one I married.....
                            Ahh, but could you?! I couldn't pull a greasy stick out of a dogs ass meself!

Comment

Because I struggle with a depressed spouse, emigrating, my father losing his faculties, the concept of having an affair and resort to eating to overcompensate for emotions buried in childhood including, but not limited to, severe illness, adoption, incest and bullying... Yeah. I think, truly, what I put in my mouth is the least of it. But when you said journalling allowed you to see how people chase their tails, endlessly. Well. I chase a lot of tail.
                              I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be facetious <3

What I meant was that I always thought I comfort ate / binged because of emotional issues, and then I would go on diets to try and lose the weight, but really both the dieting and the emotions were creating metabolic disharmony that kept me trapped in a cycle of agonies and ecstasies.

I feel your pain and I've had many of the same experiences. Hugs. xx

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                Ahh, but could you?! I couldn't pull a greasy stick out of a dogs ass meself!
                                thats because it's greasy!

Comment

Working...
                                X