Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
    Pssshhhh...
    Also... Me and the handstand pushup progression may never get anywhere.
    Head down is bad ju-ju for me. But I try to do some of the the lvl 1 military presses a little in a safe padded area, and am considering some alternatives to that exercise other than just skipping it completely.
    Didn't I read somewhere that you're quite tall? If so could you stand in a doorway and try to push the wall up, dynamic tension style? Sort of thing Charles Atlas done!

Comment

• I'm 5'9'... it might work... similar, but not the same.

Maybe I'll get better at maintaining head pressure by practicing.
      Who knows.

For now... padding just in case.
      And doing it surreptitiously so husband doesn't make ugly faces at me.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Hi Cori, I was NEVER allowed to do any gym stuff as a child in case I buggered up my precious head. Of course, the week I got the final all-clear I got hit by a car and BUGGERED UP MY HEAD LIKE A BOSS. I still get dizzy very easily, but I think, paradoxically, that is from the ear injury rather than anything hydrocephalus or shunt related. Sigh, who wants to be normal anyway?
        I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Exactly... no silly "NORMALS"

Just you, making progress from where you started or where you were the day or week before.
          You don't have to kill yourself to make progress.
          It's not a race.
          Or at least when it's me, myself, and I doing it it's not.
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche
          And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Because I have to put this vid somewhere... "in fact it seems to have been influenced by seagulls"

Comment

I'm 5'9'... it might work... similar, but not the same.

Maybe I'll get better at maintaining head pressure by practicing.
              Who knows.

For now... padding just in case.
              And doing it surreptitiously so husband doesn't make ugly faces at me.
              I tried them, had to stand on a beer crate though, cuz I'm a shortass! Did face plant meself a few times doing the MP with feet elevated, luckily I live alone!! Bump hat; Amazon.com: Blue Baseball Bump Cap - Lightweight Safety hard hat head protection Cap: Office Products? Not the best idea, but......

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                I tried them, had to stand on a beer crate though, cuz I'm a shortass! Did face plant meself a few times doing the MP with feet elevated, luckily I live alone!! Bump hat; Amazon.com: Blue Baseball Bump Cap - Lightweight Safety hard hat head protection Cap: Office Products? Not the best idea, but......
                I prefer this one.....

Amazon.com: Can You Imagine Drink Hat, Yellow: Toys & Games

Comment

Exactly... no silly "NORMALS"

Just you, making progress from where you started or where you were the day or week before.
                  You don't have to kill yourself to make progress.
                  It's not a race.
                  Or at least when it's me, myself, and I doing it it's not.
                  +1, doing something's better then doing nothing.

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                  More practical example than mine!

Comment

• morning Badger - I hope you had a gorgeous sleep....................
                    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Morning! Slept a solid eight hours. Scrambled eggs and coffee and I'm ready to face the day. Sorta! Gwamma! LAST DAY! Woot

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                          Scrambled eggs and coffee and I'm ready to face the day.
                          Two over-easy eggs, a chunk of Brie, and a small serving of pork butt with sesame-red pepper sauce. And a Valium... (Dentist)
                          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                            Two over-easy eggs, a chunk of Brie, and a small serving of pork butt with sesame-red pepper sauce. And a Valium... (Dentist)
                            You have a dentist named valium?

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                              You have a dentist named valium?
                              Chuckle... Actually, my dentist is named Boss. That is why I need the Valium... No, seriously, my nerves are just shot when it comes to the drill, and the stuff makes it possible for me to complete a visit that includes drilling without breaking down. Yeah, wuss, I know.
                              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• So. I have a long-lost relation, it turns out. Kinda. My father's cousin was contacted by her secret daughter. Cousin had an affair and went on to marry affair chappie after she was divorced from husband number one. She and husband two went on to have two sons, but it turns out there was a daughter born before the second marriage that was put up for adoption. To add poignancy to this, Dad's cousin was reunited with secret daughter a couple of months before cousin died of cancer.

My adoptive mother's response? Isn't it wonderful! Welcome to the family!

I feel slightly queer about this in ways I find hard to quantify.
                                Last edited by badgergirl; 05-15-2013, 09:16 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Working...
                                X