No announcement yet.

waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As long as you aren't wearing them, doc!
    My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• If you go to pinterest and search "nailed it" you can still enjoy it. The link CaveWoman shared above is great. "regretsy" funny stuff there. Also a lot of fun, "cake wreck fails" as a pinterest search.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cave Woman View Post
        Do you remember Regretsy? It was a website with the tagline "Where DIY meets WTF" and "Handmade? It looks like you made it with your feet." Great snarky posts of major Etsy fails. Regretfully, it is gone. Fortunately, with Pinterest it lives on.
        I laughed so hard I defiled my keyboard. You win the award this week. Maybe this month.

Comment

• Wearing feed sacks? Hell no! My brother did make pants out of that mattress fabric with the blue stripes once.... He wore those all the time...

Sent from my iPhone using Marks Daily Apple Forum

Comment

• Originally posted by The Walrus View Post
            I laughed so hard I defiled my keyboard. You win the award this week. Maybe this month.
            We aim to please, Ma'am.
            I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Writing on the Cave Wall - my Primal Journal

Comment

• Brain dump time, I'm afraid. Clearly I am really churning on a few things...

I had another tidying dream last night. I was in my house with husband. I found a piece of furniture I'd never seen before and I asked husband where it had come from. He said, don't worry about that I've hired a man and a van to take it away. I replied you hired a van for just that? Whereupon he led me to a part of the house I had never seen before...a sort of warehouse. It was full of a very specific type of furniture (think Argos - all white chipboard and powder-coated curly metal) stacked up in piles.

There were three or more electric keyboards on top of a chest of drawers. In the dream I was overwhelmed and bewildered, I'd had no idea we were carrying all this stuff with us. The men and a lorry arrived and they started removing furniture. As the space began slowly to clear, I spotted more and more things I'd never seen before, such as a decorate-it-yourself Christmas fairy in box of decorations. I stripped away the gaudy tinsel and sequins and found underneath a rather charming clay/ceramic figurine. I wasn't sure whether I should try to keep her.

Where did all this stuff come from? I asked husband. Oh, it's all other people's stuff from before we lived here. The men continued the heavy work of carrying chests and cupboards (I remember a large, but flimsy, white double wardrobe) out of the space. In the way of dreams, the warehouse was now our bedroom and it suddenly occurred to me that with all this excess furniture removed, husband would be able to get into bed by walking around to his side of the room instead of climbing over from my side.

One doesn't have to be Di Badger (thank goodness) does one? I don't want to live with all the things I didn't know I was living with, especially the glittery sister's woo. (As an aside, in the real life here and now, husband is still tidying. Yesterday, I went into his study and saw a big poster of sparkly fairies. Where did this come from? I found it when I was tidying. Is it going in the bin? I thought I'd ask SiL if she wanted it for her daughter. Oh, okay, good.)
              I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• And best friend got comped three months of headspace...so, that's a win.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                  And best friend got comped three months of headspace...so, that's a win.
                  A very good company to do business with it seems. I'm glad.

Wonderful dream. I love all of the great visual imagery. I've had a few of the tidying genre myself. They are liberating. I'm working in my gallery today and people are coming in to buy Valentine's Day presents for their loved ones. Lovely gestures, but I keep thinking of all the excess stuff we get that we feel we must keep forever. Not that I mention it to my wonderful customers. I'm just glad the Cave Man gives food (lovely dinners) and flowers.

Marks post this morning about the importance of having a morning ritual fits into the tidying mindset. I've always resisted a morning ritual, but with tidying, I think I am finally ready to embrace one.
                  I've had a lot of worries in my life, most of which never happened. ― Mark Twain

Comment

• Originally posted by Cave Woman View Post
                    I'm working in my gallery today and people are coming in to buy Valentine's Day presents for their loved ones. Lovely gestures, but I keep thinking of all the excess stuff we get that we feel we must keep forever. Not that I mention it to my wonderful customers. I'm just glad the Cave Man gives food (lovely dinners) and flowers.

Marks post this morning about the importance of having a morning ritual fits into the tidying mindset. I've always resisted a morning ritual, but with tidying, I think I am finally ready to embrace one.
                    Well, for every item that will not suit/burden its recipient, you have to hope that you also manage to sell an item that will be treasured, worn and beloved. I think that, as a creator, you have to work with the idea, the hope, that what you create will find a home or an audience that loves it. The same is true of husband's RPGs and my writing... we need to find the right audience for our art/creative endeavours.

I have a morning routine for work days. I cherish my walks and the space and time the train ride gives me. I am considering using my morning train ride to meditate, if I can work out the techno wizardry required to download the sessions as podcasts or similar.

Comment

• John Marsden is reminded of his reply to the fan letter I sent him when I was 14 | Books | The Guardian

We. Are. So. Blessed.

Oh, and the blood tests came back negative: small is not diabetic he just really is naturally skinny and very, very thirsty. So, that's a relief, clearly.
                      Last edited by badgergirl; 02-12-2015, 06:40 PM.

Comment

• So glad to hear best friend got some Headspace and hope she benefits from it. Also I may have got a couple of people at work to sign up, believe it or not.

Your dream is so vivid and detailed. I wish I could actually see it, like a film. I haven't had a vivid dream in awhile. It's about time for one.

Comment

• Australians have some colourfully useful expressions...such as 'going berko' and 'going troppo'. I am glad to say I am finally calming down, but I feel that I am on defcon-scary for going berko again should sparkly SiL come back with any more self-justifying reasons why it is her duty to burden me with her woo.

Truly, I don't go troppo very often, but believe me, when I blow up I go like Vesuvius. I sent her THREE expletive-filled ranting emails.

Comment

• What a relief the blood test must have been. So happy for you.
                            Chris
                            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                              What a relief the blood test must have been. So happy for you.
                              I never freak out about medical stuff until I have a definite reason to freak, but I had run through what life would mean for the boy if he/we needed to inject him with insulin every day and it wasn't pretty. So, yes, I'm very happy to have that ruled out. He is a ridiculously scrawny and thirsty kid, but then his father was called 'skeletor' at school, so I guess it's to be expected.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                                We. Are. So. Blessed.

Oh, and the blood tests came back negative: small is not diabetic he just really is naturally skinny and very, very thirsty. So, that's a relief, clearly.
                                I am so glad for you and for your family! What a relief this must be!

Comment

Working...
                                X