No announcement yet.

waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At 3am this morning I started tidying the haberdashery drawers in my study because I couldn't sleep. Yes, I have OCD tendencies, what of it?
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• My tidying has carried over into the office - yesterday I was carefully taking apart boxes and stacking them for recycling - someone called me OCD and I was proud!
      My journal - The Walrus: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread108103.html

Be silly, be honest, be kind. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

• There has been much magic this morning...I found the perfect dividers for the drawer in the kitchen (the lunchbox they nested in broke a while back). Then, I decided I needed a transparent drawstring bag to keep my ribbon offcuts neat. THERE WAS ONE IN THE NEXT DRAWER DOWN. tiny mind blown.

Needless to say, it most certainly did not look like this when I opened the drawer to tidy...it was a terrible tangle.
        Last edited by badgergirl; 02-07-2015, 02:37 PM.

Comment

• I'm deep into tidy take two. Against all expectation to the contrary, it looks as though the majority of my winter clothes can peacefully co-exist with my summer clobber in the bedroom...dumbfounded.

Comment

• I'm amazed at the same thing myself. How does that even work? But it does. And I live in a harsh climate requiring different garments, even if you're not a clotheshorse. Well, I do still have a closet full of coats. But now it is a manageable number of coats for all types of weather.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
              There has been much magic this morning...I found the perfect dividers for the drawer in the kitchen (the lunchbox they nested in broke a while back). Then, I decided I needed a transparent drawstring bag to keep my ribbon offcuts neat. THERE WAS ONE IN THE NEXT DRAWER DOWN. tiny mind blown.

Needless to say, it most certainly did not look like this when I opened the drawer to tidy...it was a terrible tangle.
              I am in awe.

Comment

• I have gone through all my clothes again and culled very little, but if anything this time round the results have been far, far more dramatic. I have loads of space in my cupboard for more folded items, even though my winter gear and two of my coats are now in the cupboard. There is, however, one category that is giving me gip.

I have donated three or four velvet scarfs and kept a stunning, broad navy devore velvet scarf. I have folded the two pairs of velvet trousers (one midnight blue, one black) and put the velvet floor-length dark blue ballgown my mother made me for my last uni summer ball at the back of the shelf, lovingly folded. What remains on the bed is:
                • one black velvet tunic top
                • one black velvet t-shirt
                • one black velvet, skin-tight minidress with sequins on the bottom
                • one midnight-blue velvet cocktail dress with a wide scoop neckline
                • one black velvet tulip-shape wrap miniskirt
                • one dark aubergine devore shift dress with sheer sleeves and velvet cuffs and hem

Did I ever mention husband loves velvet?

Comment

• one black velvet tunic top
                  • one black velvet t-shirt
                  • one black velvet, skin-tight minidress with sequins on the bottom
                  • one midnight-blue velvet cocktail dress with a wide scoop neckline
                  • one black velvet tulip-shape wrap miniskirt
                  • one dark aubergine devore shift dress with sheer sleeves and velvet cuffs and hem

Did I ever mention husband loves velvet?
                  They all sound so lovely! I got rid of a wine colored crushed velvet tank years ago because I thought I was too old and fat to wear it. It may be the only thing I regret discarding, I'm abot 20 lbs lighter now and even though I'm much older I would definitely wear it.
                  Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• You have a velvet category!!! They do sound gorgeous.
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                      You have a velvet category!!! They do sound gorgeous.
                      There was a black velvet evening jacket at the thrift shop on Saturday it was my size and everything... I was tempted. Yes, I have a velvet category; or, rather, husband does. All articles have found a home now, although I found myself wishing for just one more shoebox...
                      Last edited by badgergirl; 02-08-2015, 01:01 AM.

Comment

• I have reached it. That strange, effortless zen state where everything that gets picked up finds a purpose. It is uncanny. The house feels completely different even though to almost all intents and purposes it is the same. I keep seeing spacious clarity where before there was only entangled confusion.

It is really very peculiar.

Comment

• Oh...and I treated myself to a nice, new toilet brush. There, Walrus, I know how to live large

Comment

• No kidding! Only today I was eying up my ugly plastic toilet brush and thinking that I could probably treat myself to a new one.
                            Annie Ups the Ante
                            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

I have reached it. That strange, effortless zen state where everything that gets picked up finds a purpose. It is uncanny. The house feels completely different even though to almost all intents and purposes it is the same. I keep seeing spacious clarity where before there was only entangled confusion.

It is really very peculiar.
                              I haven't reached quite that state yet, but I'm close enough to feel it - I'm at the stage where everything I use on a daily or even weekly basis has been tidied and so I can put my hand on anything, and also put it back easily.

I posted a couple of snaps of one of my rooms last night - until recently I could not walk completely around the table, or around the coffee table, or indeed around the chair. So is it any wonder that I feel I have been transported to a place that is remotely similar to my old cluttered home, but magically has just the right amount of things?

Comment

Oh...and I treated myself to a nice, new toilet brush. There, Walrus, I know how to live large
                                Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                                No kidding! Only today I was eying up my ugly plastic toilet brush and thinking that I could probably treat myself to a new one.
                                Hey, no kidding, my new toilet brush with the disposable discs has changed my life! I'm never going back.

Comment

Working...
                                X