No announcement yet.

waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I went to the movies and saw The Intouchables (a special benefit screening for a little lad with Hunters). I liked it a lot, particularly the piano-heavy soundtrack. Then, after dinner, I found an episode of Badger Girl for the small boy to watch. While searching for another one, I discovered the Farting Badger. Well, truly, it has been a day of magic.

B: two beef sausages
    L: some ham and a few nuts
    D: fish and chips (I peeled off the batter, but went hell for leather on the chips and vinegar)

At the moment I'm a little on the hefty side and do not seem to be slimming down - three things: wine, lack of walking with the new trains, eating too much. I'm not gaining, but I'm not losing either. Eventually I'll sort it out, but it's not exactly a big deal (these are vanity pounds really).

That said, I walked for two hours today.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Hogwarts is on fire - the estate not the buildings. So, tomorrow the whole school is going to the zoo and then, if there's time, swimming. As Steve Irwin would say: CRIKEY.

Comment

• B: yoghurt
        L: IF, some cubes of fruit
        D: roast chicken, broc, spinach, carrot, capsicum, courgette; an apple

Long, tiring day: too much work and not enough time/energy.

Small boy enjoyed the zoo. I wonder what excitement tomorrow holds (the region near Hogwarts is still burning, but the fire on the grounds seems to be out).

Comment

• Deadline hell continues. Two 300-page books and a magazine to get to print in two weeks. Fecking hell. I'm making progress, but not enough; nowhere near enough. Shitting, sodding, stupid deadline build up. Gah. Working extended hours (only a little extended, but still); working on the train; working through lunch. Nothing is getting me clear at the moment.

B: two eggs scrambled in cream, few nuts, coffee
          L: cheese and leftover veggies from last night (broc, courgette, capsicum)
          D: small bowl chicken curry - christ, husband: chorzio does not belong in a chicken korma; apple; 1/2 bottle merlot (husband, forsooth, it is not the weekend); four lychees

Deadlines? Pah:

while we're on the subject of O&G...
          Last edited by badgergirl; 02-12-2013, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• hola comrades,
            B: nuts, coffee
            L: liver pate, celery
            D: beef chili

Therapy day. Woo.

Comment

• B: nuts, apple, turkey, coffee - awake at 1.15am; up at 3.30am
              L: beef chili
              D: smoked salmon, salads, lychees, stilton

So, so tired. Work insanely busy.

Therapy is not yet going anywhere helpful, but I'll give it two more sessions.

Comment

• Still here, but just trying to eat without thinking about it and eat without emoting about it. Just...like a normal person (if normal people followed the BP). I'm too busy to read all the threads and get my head turned by moar this and less that (a good thing), but I'm also too busy to walk at lunch times or after work (a bad thing). Evenings are still prime snacking time, which I'm trying to curb. Have resumed weight waggling.

Comment

• Hey badger - just did the Triangle of Death to those two spambots for you. Gotta run - Third needs a bath before school!
                  I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• May i share some late food experiences? I know.. it can be deadly, annoyingly boring..

Comment

• Originally posted by ezk View Post
                      May i share some late food experiences? I know.. it can be deadly, annoyingly boring..
                      This is a safe place for the sharing of food experiences!

Comment

• Bacon man is back. I wonder... *waves* ???

Comment

• Ok. i eat freely, not considering anything else then my
                          desires. I eat bread, pasta, cakes. I eat when i fell like, i overeat almost everyday. It has been like that since 2 months.
                          Did i gain weight , hell yes. Did i gain the weight i must have considering the quantities of food i had so badly enjoyed..
                          No, not at all. 8 or 9 pounds. Am i happy..that is interesting.. I simply think different stuff then what i will put into my mouth.
                          A restructuring of my taste, i am back liking the food i loved when i was younger, before the highway of diets begun.
                          Somehow pasta and pizza were not desirable to me before the restrictions.They are not now.
                          Something has changed. being a bit overweight( for my own self, doubt for the others),
                          is a fair trade, i eat, it is good and the rest can sucks cocks on the moon.
                          An interesting thing is that there is a whole bunch of people getting on the same train, like me,
                          tired of all that jazz, obsessions , food gourus and rest.
                          No idea how it will end, somehow i doubt that i can persuade my self to come back to any kind of restrictive
                          eating.

Comment

• Bacon man. There should a song as for his counterpart.
                            Who is he and what does he want.. From you?

Comment

• Originally posted by ezk View Post
                              Bacon man. There should a song as for his counterpart.
                              Who is he and what does he want.. From you?
                              I'm trying to discover answers to those questions, too. As to a song as his counterpart... I'll have to give that one some thought. At the moment I'm enjoying the aroma of hot sizzle, but you know how it goes with bacon - the promise is often more pleasurable than the eating. We'll see.

Meanwhile, I think I'm going to dump my therapist. Three hours of being empathised with and having one's own words repeated back to one in hushed tones as if she had just discovered a life-changing secret don't really seem to be helping. Not to mention she gives me CBT-flavoured homework with instructions photocopied out of a book written by and for dimwits. I'd rather buy shoes.

Comment

• Sugar man, song from Rodriguez. Check "Looking for the sugar man", documentary.
                                Ahh, the psy . It sucks when you are brighter then they ,even more if knowing your internal
                                topography . I'll take the shoes everyday.

Comment

Working...
                                X