Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yesterday:
    B: cold chicken, coffee
    L: beef sausages and pork kebabs (pineapple and red capsicum)
    D: beef sausages, glass of apple and blackcurrant juice

Fitday puts this at about 1700 calories. I went to bed STUFFED. Not sure how this is possible. (I can easily eat 3000 calories of Christmas pudding for breakfast.)

Today:
    B: slow cooked pork offcuts (bit of meat, strip of fat and skin) - I stuck the meat and bones that were left over from making kebabs in the slow cooker yesterday and couldn't go past them this morning, coffee
    L: IF
    D: beef sausages (three and a half), some pork offcuts (jelly and fat rich meaty bones), carrot sticks, glass of apple and blackcurrant juice
    Last edited by badgergirl; 01-14-2013, 11:34 AM.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• B: pork bones, jelly, fat, meat - what can I say? I love gnawing on those bony bits (said the actress to the Bishop). The jelly too is just lovely. Coffee with a tsp of heavy, heavy (50% fat) cream and a splash of semi-skimmed.
      D: more pork, I hope (again with the actress-Bishop action). Yep, the last of the pork - shared with man, boy and dog - some roast chicken and a tiny bit of salad. I'm turning meatatarian or fatty-flesh-and-bones-atarian or something. The fitday numbers are so low I don't believe them. A 1000 calorie day, again? Really?

I gave the dog some of my leftovers yesterday for his dinner. We can always tell what he thinks of the quality of his food by how much rough love he shows his plush toy afterwards. Last night that 'pillow friend cow' was badly abused for the best part of half an hour. Nuff said.

When I worked for the gung-ho US PR firm one of the senior leads (American, female) sent an email to everyone saying she was 'working from home, heads down, grinding on client deliverables'... To this day, my mind boggles.
      Last edited by badgergirl; 01-15-2013, 12:46 AM.

Comment

• B: coffee with cream, 4 almonds, macademia nut, pat of butter
        L: IF - didn't go too well today: I was hongary. Never mind, this too shall pass.
        D: avocado with balsamic, tuna with sour cream and jalapenos; coconut milk frappe (deeeelish); more coconut milk

Fitday puts it at 1500 calories for the day, with: 68% F, 22% P, 11% C

First appt with the therapist (rather than the mental wellbeing nurse) tonight. Fingers crossed.
        Last edited by badgergirl; 01-16-2013, 01:51 AM. Reason: dinner dinner batman, extra coconut

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
          First appt with the therapist (rather than the mental wellbeing nurse) tonight. Fingers crossed.
          I went to one once to try to tie up some leftover junk from my childhood, and the first thing he did was to berate me because I was a few minutes late. I travelled over three hours to get to him, even leaving extra early to account for big city traffic, and got tied up in unexpected accident traffic, but he would hear nothing of it - the guy was legally blind and he just went on how HE had never been late to work regardless of circumstance... Well, our relationship lasted ummm, not long.

Here is really hoping you have one of the good ones!! I do know the nerves that come with trusting someone strange like that, though... so consider yourself hugged!
          I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
            I went to one once to try to tie up some leftover junk from my childhood, and the first thing he did was to berate me because I was a few minutes late. I travelled over three hours to get to him, even leaving extra early to account for big city traffic, and got tied up in unexpected accident traffic, but he would hear nothing of it - the guy was legally blind and he just went on how HE had never been late to work regardless of circumstance... Well, our relationship lasted ummm, not long.

Here is really hoping you have one of the good ones!! I do know the nerves that come with trusting someone strange like that, though... so consider yourself hugged!
            I think you cursed me, CC

She'd double booked and, I know, I know you can't make snap judgements, she does not seem like a good fit to me. *Sigh.* So now I'm back home and toying with the idea of requesting a different referral. Or just forgetting the whole project. Ugh.

Comment

• Nah... Don't dump the project yet. You have waited this very long, and been this courageous, you know? And you have been one tortured puppy for what seems like a very long time - I really would love to read that you can find some relief/healing. Give her a bit of a chance, at least until you are more definite about what it is about her that sours your relationship.

And I will keep my cursed stories to myself for the nonce, just so I don't jinx you!
              I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

• Yep, I'll stick with it. *grumble, grumble*

I'm about to book flights for the three of us to spend three weeks in Blighty June/July - this will completely clean us out, but my parents have agreed - I had to ask, unfortunately; I hate doing this - to pay half. I don't want to spend the money and put us further behind on our life goals, but my parents are not going to be around forever and it is important for everyone that small boy spends time with them. Ugh. Happy-happy and sorrowful-sorrowful. I *hate* having to be bailed out by my aged parents.

The tide of lard is ever so gradually receding, I think. It's hard to tell without weighing and measuring as I go by trousers and, of course, thighs, butt and stomach are the very last areas to let go of podge. That said, my forearms seem slightly less puffy and my jawline is clearer. It's an act of faith really, isn't it?

B: coffee with cream, two tablespoons of jellied chicken broth/stock (the Golgotha mix), three macadamias
                D: I spied with my little eye a pork belly in the fridge. Husband means well, but is clueless. To do a decent belly one has to crank up the oven as high as it will go for at least half an hour, otherwise there aint no crackling. Husband clearly hasn't thought this one through (and never manages to get the crackle right as he doesn't preheat the oven and opens the door too often - sigh); it's going to be 39C today.
                Ham, smoked salmon, raw beet and carrot salad, Waldorf salad, small bit of cheddar, slice of brie, mixed nuts, frappe with double cream
                Indulgence: tin of coconut milk - I should stop doing this, but in the heat it's just so damn gluggable

Just over 1500 calories: F 69; P 20; C 11

The walk home was BRUTAL...
                Last edited by badgergirl; 01-17-2013, 03:39 AM. Reason: sensible dinner, decadent desert

Comment

• shhh.... secret squirrel

Husband has two interviews on Monday.
                  Cross all limbs and pray to your deity of choice, please (says the atheist).

Comment

• Fingerscrossed!!! Thats the best I can do , since I don't pray to anyone

Comment

• Living fast today

Suddenly swamped at work and enjoying the adrenaline. Whhhhheeeeee.... Feel on FIRE. Listening to hardcore dance and pretending I'm a mac jockey designer who spits out page layouts all day long.

B: coffee w/double cream, couple of almonds
                      L: IF, baby
                      D: belly, cremated crackling (husband practically in tears). salads, roast carrots, 3/4 bottle red - celebrating, commiserating?
                      Last edited by badgergirl; 01-18-2013, 02:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                        Husband has two interviews on Monday.
                        Cross all limbs and pray to your deity of choice, please (says the atheist).
                        ...even me veins are crossed!

Comment

• I went perm today.
                          After two years, they FINALLY offered me a permanent contract. If I liked my job I'd be cock a hoop, but as it is I'm all SHOW ME THE MONEY.
                          Remember folks, 2013 is going to be lucky for us (about time - eh?).

Comment

• Awesome! Congrats to you

Comment

• Originally posted by Ayla2010 View Post
                              Awesome! Congrats to you
                              Thank you! It's a mixed blessing as the longer I stay there the more my career (yeah, right - I used to have one) goes retrograde. I really miss London and being that city girl with a job that sent me Stateside regularly.

Comment

• I'm paying for that celebration/commiseration. I had snack eyes last night and ended up scoffing mature cheddar. Woke at 3.30am for ham and chicken broth and then had two eggs scrambled in sour cream for breakfast at 6.30am. I'm on sole parent duty for the next 48 hours as husband is trying to achieve mind meld with 3DSMax (he's a Maya man usually) ready for the interviews on Monday. He wants this job evidently (in a way I have yet to understand, he already has the other job, which is a p/t teaching gig - running advanced Adobe masterclasses) and both interviews need to go well (one with the agent and one with the company itself).
                                This job, although only a three-month contract to begin with, sounds right up husband's dark, narrow alley: a defence contractor who wants to develop mobile apps requesting someone with a knowledge of animation and anatomy. Sounds grimtastic to me, but husband is pretty keen (I'm keen for him to have a job) and excited about what soldiers with mobiles might be playing that requires a knowledge of anatomy to develop. Hmmm. Perhaps it's a medical app (she said hopefully) rather than the more obvious gory shoot out.

Comment

Working...
                                X