No announcement yet.

waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folks, my home laptop has died. I've sent husband out with instructions to buy me a tablet (apparently I'm not allowed an ipad - wtf, husband, wtf?) However, I may be offline for the next few days. I suspect that I shall miss you more than you miss me.
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Hurry back! Hurry back! Miss you already! *smooch*
      "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• I've sacrificed a few cockerels and seem to have resurrected the machine. It's slow, it's shaky, but it's - touch wood (any offers?) - working...

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
          I've sacrificed a few cockerels and seem to have resurrected the machine. It's slow, it's shaky, but it's - touch wood (any offers?) - working...
          reserection is a good thing....

Comment

• I'm still churning about clueless co-worker, who spent most of this morning weeping and trying to hide the fact.

Poem of the day is by Louis MacNeice. His mother died when he was five and his father was a clergyman.

AUTOBIOGRAPHY

In my childhood trees were green
            And there was plenty to be seen.
            Come back early or never come.
            My father made the walls resound,
            He wore his collar the wrong way round.
            My mother wore a yellow dress;
            Gentle, gently, gentleness.
            When I was five the black dreams came;
            Nothing after was quite the same.
            The dark was talking to the dead;
            The lamp was dark beside my bed.
            When I woke they did not care;
            Nobody, nobody was there.
            When my silent terror cried,
            Nobody, nobody replied.
            I got up; the chilly sun
            Saw me walk away alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
              DD, are you thinking of the monument on the top of Culver? I think you'd be able to see that from St Helens.

Or the old church?
              That's the babber, lovely beach there. Had a wobbly walk or two walking down the lane from St Helens to the camp site where that old church sits after a scoop or two in The Vine....

Originally posted by JoanieL View Post
              Hurry back! Hurry back! Miss you already! *smooch*
              Well said....

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
              I've sacrificed a few cockerels and seem to have resurrected the machine. It's slow, it's shaky, but it's - touch wood (any offers?) - working...
              Hope you got a few more cockerals on hand....Clusterfu*ck sounds like a right Shakespear's scholar!
              Last edited by Dhansakdave; 03-07-2014, 02:40 AM. Reason: Grammer!

Comment

• Well, this is amazing... husband scored a blinder and even my brother (who is far famed for sending dry crusts to people) got me something wonderful. Best birthday for a decade or more.
                Polish indie music!

I shall be taking this to work for my Earl Grey

Comment

• ^^^That mug is the sh*t!! Hope you have a great day. Happy B-day chicka!!

Comment

• Here's a little present for you:

http://www.urlesque.com/2010/05/11/b...figures-video/
                    Last edited by Urban Forager; 03-07-2014, 08:12 PM.
                    Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Birthday felicitations BG, whatever you got up to, I hope you had a good one, and that mug is the absolute kippers!

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                      Two words: Blood Brothers
                      Happy Days was mint, during the intermission one espied an advert for this, you couldn't write the book!

And England Keep My Bones is dandy, only listened to it once so far, but I'm liking it, Tape Deck Heart is now on me 'to buy' list....

Comment

• Happy belated birthday!! I'd send figs, but the local parakeet flock have demolished the crop

Comment

• The lady wore pearls

Thank you, thank you, thank you. We went to Bendigo, old gold mining town in country Victoria. Husband pulled out all the stops and, despite small boy having many meltdowns, I had a great time: art, craft, sun, shops, fine wine, good food (FIGS!), Chinese museum, more art, more craft...

DD and Doc - I raised an energy drink in your honour (then drank the best part of a bottle of cab sav. Oh dear...).

Comment

• Originally posted by Urban Forager View Post
                            That is brilliant! Thank you

Comment

• You're welcome. Lovely picture of you and that dress is gorgeous!
                              Life is death. We all take turns. It's sacred to eat during our turn and be eaten when our turn is over. RichMahogany.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikyb View Post
                                Happy belated birthday!! I'd send figs, but the local parakeet flock have demolished the crop
                                The rosellas do that to our apples, but they're so pretty I don't begrudge them.
                                Last edited by badgergirl; 03-09-2014, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X