No announcement yet.

waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't have a telly so the world rather passes me by - I like it like that.
    two words Blood sister LOL I hate TV and refuse to have one in the house. I joke about changing the channel with the pump action if one ever gets here. kinda like elvis did with the .45.

Comment

• Originally posted by seaweed View Post
      two words blood sister
      Fistbump!
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
        Meet me in London. I've already promised DD and Doc a tour of the city involving theatre, sex shops and wine bars. There will be shoe shopping too. And art galleries.
        "These are a few of my favourite things" Clarkie sings like Julie Andrews. Good lord, in what order would we undertake this mission?

Comment

• Originally posted by Clarkie View Post
          "These are a few of my favourite things" Clarkie sings like Julie Andrews. Good lord, in what order would we undertake this mission?
          I have actually devised full tours for people, complete with suggested reading lists. There's nothing like exploring a city with a native. I am seriously considering it. Seriously, but I don't know when the next trip home will be. Of course, I fear it'll be Dad's funeral. Anyway, hopefully and hopefully for happy reasons, June/July 2015.

Comment

• I sincerely hope you get there long before you have to worry about anyone's funeral. Exploring London with you sounds like the adventure of a lifetime.

Comment

I sincerely hope you get there long before you have to worry about anyone's funeral. Exploring London with you sounds like the adventure of a lifetime.
              And then we would go to the Isle of Wight and the fun would really begin

Comment

And then we would go to the Isle of Wight and the fun would really begin
                OK, I'll bite! What does one do for fun on the Isle of Wight?

Comment

I shall devote a post to that topic later today

Comment

Adult beverages?

Comment

• Reasons to visit the Iggles de Wiggles

The thing about the Isle is that it is a perfect microcosm of the mainland. You want a royal palace? We got it. You want a Norman conquest castle that was in continuous use until WW1? We have surely got you covered. Never has subjugation looked so scenic. You want literary references with historic detail... we. have. that. too., in spades.

You want a festival? We have one, two.

You want a literary festival? Yep, one of those too.

Hobnobbing with hooray Henries? Cowes Week.

Prisons? We got three of 'em. And that's why the drugs are so cheap - demand keeps the supply up.

Spectacular coastline, Roman villa, dinosaurs, smugglers, lighthouses, quaint villages...standing stones, famous ice cream...

You want water mills, pub lunches in tiny villages, idyllic afternoons...too many choices.

I, of course, grew up on the chav coast and can also offer you pub curry nights, lock ins, ugly strippers, terrible sex in the sand at 3am under the moon and fairy lights...

The Isle of Wight - all things to all comers.
                      Last edited by badgergirl; 03-05-2014, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• Ugly strippers are brave.

Clermont Lounge
                        Anthony Bourdain in Atlanta (VIDEO) | Anthony Bourdain In Strip Club (VIDEO) | The Braiser
                        https://www.google.com/search?q=cler...w=1366&bih=624 (images for the Clermont Lounge)
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

The thing about the Isle is that it is a perfect microcosm of the mainland. You want a royal palace? We got it. You want a Norman conquest castle that was in continuous use until WW1? We have surely got you covered. Never has subjugation looked so scenic. You want literary references with historic detail... we. have. that. too., in spades.

You want a festival? We have one, two.

You want a literary festival? Yep, one of those too.

Hobnobbing with hooray Henries? Cowes Week.

Prisons? We got three of 'em. And that's why the drugs are so cheap - demand keeps the supply up.

Spectacular coastline, Roman villa, dinosaurs, smugglers, lighthouses, quaint villages...standing stones, famous ice cream...

You want water mills, pub lunches in tiny villages, idyllic afternoons...too many choices.

I, of course, grew up on the chav coast and can also offer you pub curry nights, lock ins, ugly strippers, terrible sex in the sand at 3am under the moon and fairy lights...

The Isle of Wight - all things to all comers.
                          Extensive, but I think you might have missed one out....(Sorted Doc....)

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                            Extensive, but I think you might have missed one out....(Sorted Doc....)
                            Indeed, but have to leave some small treat for the locals, no?

Comment

Indeed, but have to leave some small treat for the locals, no?
                              Aww, I suppose we could, but it's lovely stuff!! I do recall my mate visiting a vineyard, (additive free apparently) and some breweries when we was there once, they do pack a fair bit onto a small isle....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                                Aww, I suppose we could, but it's lovely stuff!! I do recall my mate visiting a vineyard, (additive free apparently) and some breweries when we was there once, they do pack a fair bit onto a small isle....
                                If you're with me you're a caulkhead. I'll get you in on mates' rates.

Comment

Working...
                                X