No announcement yet.

waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eek, that sounds a bit ominous. Hope all is well.
    I agree about the affirmation tattoo, however I was a bit freaked there in the stall with her holding her breast to ask why she had chosen that particular quote.
    It's interesting to me that you with your (in my eyes) almost magical ability to string words together, dislikes them as decoration. I quite like them, not on bedroom walls but as tattoos. My latest tattoo is my Mom's handwriting copied from the last birthday card she gave me. It gives me comfort to look down at my forearm and see "with all my love, Mom" in her hand, as she died in July and I miss her immensely. I don't think you are odd. I think you are fascinating.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clarkie View Post
      Eek, that sounds a bit ominous. Hope all is well.
      I'd rather be septic than have cancer

Originally posted by Clarkie View Post
      I agree about the affirmation tattoo, however I was a bit freaked there in the stall with her holding her breast to ask why she had chosen that particular quote.
      It's interesting to me that you with your (in my eyes) almost magical ability to string words together, dislikes them as decoration. I quite like them, not on bedroom walls but as tattoos. My latest tattoo is my Mom's handwriting copied from the last birthday card she gave me. It gives me comfort to look down at my forearm and see "with all my love, Mom" in her hand, as she died in July and I miss her immensely. I don't think you are odd. I think you are fascinating.
      Now, you see, because it's handwriting and your mom, that is beyond beautiful. I think my problem with words for decoration is that words should be more than decorative and that, with visual repetition, even the most meaningful passage can become trite and overworked. It's not something I extend to other people (their skin or their homes), it's just something I've noticed for myself. That said, I do have an illustration that I bought at husband's final show that uses words. There's a tree bending in the wind and the words are being shaken loose: 'where is there a tree not shaken by the wind?' I made an exception for that!

Originally posted by Clarkie View Post
      that you with your (in my eyes) almost magical ability to string words together...I don't think you are odd. I think you are fascinating.
      Blimey, talk about knowing the way to a girl's heart! Bless you.

Bad picture, but you get the idea:

Artist is Stacey Bennett.
      Last edited by badgergirl; 02-05-2014, 06:42 PM.
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Well. That was anticlimactic and expensive...

Hormonal changes have led to swollen tissue. No lumps, no none at all. No, not even a mouse.

On the way back to the suburb of doom I mindlessly looked up at the adverts on the wall and this is what I saw: Body Pleasure Piercing | Piercing Since 1986

It's a sign, I tell you.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
          Born with hydrocephalus. Ended up in care, having been neglected, physically abused and, possibly, sexually abused. Got hit by a car at age 12 and died on the road before being brought back again by the wonders of medical science. I suppose I figure not much worse - in terms of surgery and stuff - can happen to me. Certainly, I function on a 'don't worry until you have to' basis. Right now, this hasn't really tipped the scales for me. Now... if we were talking about waiting for a diagnosis for small boy I'd probably be having kittens.
          If you put it like that....... yeah, I understand why you are not too worried about this yet. I guess your guardian engel up there will have a word or two with you when you meet...or rather with all those people who did that to you...
          My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

Well. That was anticlimactic and expensive...

Hormonal changes have led to swollen tissue. No lumps, no none at all. No, not even a mouse.

On the way back to the suburb of doom I mindlessly looked up at the adverts on the wall and this is what I saw: Body Pleasure Piercing | Piercing Since 1986

It's a sign, I tell you.
            Huge relief on your behalf.

Pity bout the cost, but peace of mind is priceless.
            Annie Ups the Ante
            http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

It's a sign, I tell you.
              I'm happy that you were right not to worry about it...
              My story, My thought....

It's all about trying to stay healthy!!!!

Comment

• Thanks, ladies. I had girded my loins for all eventualities, but the one that came 'no abnormality detected' was a surprise. I mean, let's face it, they wouldn't have to look very hard to detect a fair amount of abnormality. Also, I have learned that, yes, mammograms really are as unpleasant as I had been led to believe.

Tomorrow I'm going to get plastered, but tonight I think I shall devote to fondling my breasts. (Small boy, who breastfed until he was forcibly removed at four years old - even I have my limits - is *very* attached to my mammaries and has been nuzzling me and telling me what beautiful breasts I have. One day that boy is going to break hearts.)

Comment

It's a sign, I tell you.
                  Good news at least, even if it was anti-climatical, and a dead set portent it be....

Originally posted by Annieh View Post
                  Huge relief on your behalf.

Pity bout the cost, but peace of mind is priceless.
                  What Annie said, may have cost a shilling, but peace of mind is worth a couple of bob!

Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                  Thanks, ladies. I had girded my loins for all eventualities, but the one that came 'no abnormality detected' was a surprise. I mean, let's face it, they wouldn't have to look very hard to detect a fair amount of abnormality. Also, I have learned that, yes, mammograms really are as unpleasant as I had been led to believe.

Tomorrow I'm going to get plastered, but tonight I think I shall devote to fondling my breasts. (Small boy, who breastfed until he was forcibly removed at four years old - even I have my limits - is *very* attached to my mammaries and has been nuzzling me and telling me what beautiful breasts I have. One day that boy is going to break hearts.)
                  'Spose you can't hold a wine glass and fondle both at the same time, unless you got a fondler of course, good boy you got there....As it's Friday tomorrow, I may just hoist a glass in your direction....for your fortune and continuing good health of course....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    Good news at least, even if it was anti-climatical, and a dead set portent it be....
                    The mammographer was a small Scottish woman. The ultrasonographer was a large man named Derrick. I rather disgraced myself with the relief of them not finding anything and claimed I enjoyed the hot jelly on my breasts...(it was not unpleasant, but still). Re nipple rings: I think I might get them done in the next month so or. There may be photos...

Originally posted by Dhansakdave View Post
                    'Spose you can't hold a wine glass and fondle both at the same time, unless you got a fondler of course, good boy you got there....As it's Friday tomorrow, I may just hoist a glass in your direction....for your fortune and continuing good health of course....
                    Thank you. Truly. Perhaps I'll stick a straw in the bottle to leave my hands free.

Comment

What Annie said, may have cost a shilling, but peace of mind is worth a couple of bob!

use a straw in the bottle? Or a Camelback? They do come in 1 liter volumes........

Comment

The mammographer was a small Scottish woman. The ultrasonographer was a large man named Derrick. I rather disgraced myself with the relief of them not finding anything and claimed I enjoyed the hot jelly on my breasts...(it was not unpleasant, but still). Re nipple rings: I think I might get them done in the next month so or. There may be photos...

Thank you. Truly. Perhaps I'll stick a straw in the bottle to leave my hands free.
                        apparently GMTA...

Comment

• You could also knock up some rig so that the glass hangs round your neck, with said straw, making it mobile!!

Pics, hot jelly, oh my, I'm nipping off to a dark room....

Comment

You could also knock up some rig so that the glass hangs round your neck, with said straw, making it mobile!!

well played, my good sir...

Comment

You could also knock up some rig so that the glass hangs round your neck, with said straw, making it mobile!!

Any of these should work nicely....

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/fa...goryId=4414995

Comment

• Just shaken meself down!!

Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                                That's the go, leaves things free for the matter in hand, so to speak....
                                Last edited by Dhansakdave; 02-06-2014, 02:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X