No announcement yet.

waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Badger baby, that set of quilts is to die for. You are one clever wee chick !!!!!!!!!
    When we start our bitch 'n' stitch club, could you possibly teach us how to quilt????
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
      Badger baby, that set of quilts is to die for. You are one clever wee chick !!!!!!!!!
      When we start our bitch 'n' stitch club, could you possibly teach us how to quilt????
      Seriously, I have nothing to teach - honest. If you can sew backstitch you can make a quilt. But would love to be part of the stitch and bitch.
      I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Can I just bitch while you guys stitch?

Comment

• Clarkie, the more the merrier, and of course it is very primal, sitting in a circle of buddies, stitchin and gossipin and drinkin............

I need to work out how to do a conference skype group, and thats all it will take..........

Actually i can envisage the first problem already........... If the bitch'n'stitch sess began in the evening at mine, then lord knows what time you guys would have to set your alarm for, and possibly no drinking if its 4am
          "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• We're a hardy lot up here in the Great White North.....drinking at 4am? I don't see a problem with that

Comment

• Okay... This is out there. Completely out there... but.

I really, really miss bacon man (for newer readers, he appears in this journal intermittently about 1.5 years ago - yes, I've been doing this nonsense for a long time - indeed I 'met' him here). I miss the flirting, the excitement and the regular correspondence. I miss the friendship, the witty repartee, the intelligent debate about reading, writing and art...and the flirting (actually it went far beyond that, but this has ambitions to be a family-friendly journal). I miss the frisson of the contravention. I miss having something outside of my daily stuff to think about. When I wrote to him, I really brought my A game - such as it is - there was a large degree of creativity and literary effort that went into it, not fictionalising, but certainly heightening, even though the subject matter was sauce a lot of the time (not always, but still). It's part of my psyche: I get off on words, my own inventiveness and that of other people.

What I don't miss - the guilt, the drama, the tenterhooks, the agonising and the sleeplessness. The hope that it might turn into something real and blow up my life; the fear that it wouldn't. I certainly don't miss the grief I experienced (and continue to experience) when bacon man went walkabout, which he did with some frequency.

I recently cracked and contacted him again, but he's smart enough not to rise to the bait. I really lost the plot that last time he came back only to disappear again. I did not behave particularly well, neither did he... but one does not excuse the other.

But I miss it. The stimulation and creativity.

Readers, lurkers... Anyone want to play the letters game with me again? If you glimpse something that you like here about my writing style or just enjoy imagining a fantasy world of playful escapism with deep and meaningful discussions about politics or ethics or any aspect of life, get in touch. I'm an equal opportunities employer in life and artifice (age and gender are not important) so if you want to craft lengthy emails with an erotic/emotional/art/music/literary bent and exchange them with a like-minded soul, drop me a PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
                Clarkie, the more the merrier, and of course it is very primal, sitting in a circle of buddies, stitchin and gossipin and drinkin............

I need to work out how to do a conference skype group, and thats all it will take..........

Actually i can envisage the first problem already........... If the bitch'n'stitch sess began in the evening at mine, then lord knows what time you guys would have to set your alarm for, and possibly no drinking if its 4am
                Husband thinks G-plus groups or somesuch is better than Skype. I use Skype weekly and it's pretty hit-and-miss.

Comment

• The fun. It just keeps coming... I've just discovered a surprisingly large lump in my breast. Wonderful. Better make a doctor's appointment. Probably just a cyst or what have you and I wouldn't say I'm scared...put out would be a better expression.

Comment

• Yikes. Not fun. Not fun at all. Sooner you get to the doc the better. Shalom.
                    Annie Ups the Ante
                    http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Appt made for tomorrow evening. Could be any number of things, all harmless, or it could be a fatal cancer. Likely it's harmless as I'm also cramping (my cycle is all over the shop as I'm detoxing from the COCP). Like I said, I'm just annoyed - a trip to the GP is an imposition and unless it's clear-cut harmless there may be further visits and tests and things. Thanks for the well wishes

Comment

• Good luck, badgergirl. It seems like such a silly thing to say, but when I was still of reproductive age, it seemed like I was always finding things to worry about in my breasts. Which is not to say to ignore it, just to stay calm. Fingers crossed and good thoughts sent your way (and a hug if you want).
                        "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Always up for hugs! Thanks

Not ever had anything untoward with my breasts before (unless you count mastitis, that was nasty) and am certain this will resolve itself fairly quickly. Husband has confirmed that the swelling is visible on one side. My mother (adopted, but still) had plenty of cysts and things in her time so I'm fairly sanguine about it (and anyway panicking now is pointless). Doctor's appointment is for after work tomorrow.

Husband hates that I'm so laid back about medical stuff, but having escaped a few serious conditions now there doesn't seem any point in getting worked up about the minor stuff. Until proven otherwise this definitely counts as minor.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
                            Always up for hugs! Thanks

Not ever had anything untoward with my breasts before (unless you count mastitis, that was nasty) and am certain this will resolve itself fairly quickly. Husband has confirmed that the swelling is visible on one side. My mother (adopted, but still) had plenty of cysts and things in her time so I'm fairly sanguine about it (and anyway panicking now is pointless). Doctor's appointment is for after work tomorrow.

Husband hates that I'm so laid back about medical stuff, but having escaped a few serious conditions now there doesn't seem any point in getting worked up about the minor stuff. Until proven otherwise this definitely counts as minor.
                            I think from a medical perspective, the odds are in your favor of this being benign, and you shouldn't focus your attention on the bad possibilities. I understand the hublet's concern... and he has reason to be concerned, but at this point, his concern isn't based on any real evidence, but on the fear of possible nasty outcomes..... Hugs and best wishes to you and your family....

Comment

• Jeez, another thing to worry about, just what you need....Fair play for keeping calm and stuff, and you're right there ain't no point in panicking until you know what it is for sure.
                              Hugs, best wishes, plenty of things being crossed and hopes for a speedy and safe outcome to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                                I think from a medical perspective, the odds are in your favor of this being benign, and you shouldn't focus your attention on the bad possibilities. I understand the hublet's concern... and he has reason to be concerned, but at this point, his concern isn't based on any real evidence, but on the fear of possible nasty outcomes..... Hugs and best wishes to you and your family....
                                I often find bad possibilities - or rather the thinking through calmly, logically and putting a plan in place - reasonably reassuring. As a child I practised picking up pencils with my toes just in case I ever lost my arms (yep, I was an odd kid). Husband is the opposite. He'll fear the worst and bury his head in the sand. I'll think the best and actively prepare for life-threatening injury. People. We're all different.

I'm a bit narked as this has side tracked me from a lengthy reminiscence about Greek K, best friend and the differences between people with darknesses/hidden selves and those who present as they really are: lovely, but somehow flat. It taken me a long time to learn that there's nothing suspicious about this. I once told Greek K I thought she was repressed, which was unfair on so many levels. She's not repressed, she's straightforwardly normal and from a genuinely healthy, happy, close and secure family. I was bewildered when we lived together - surely no one could be that uncomplicated!

Best friend and I (and husband, though his stuff is buried very, very deep) both have great caverns of darkness. I relate better to people who have experienced darkness and envy those who haven't.

Best friend's life continues to be a tragicomedy. She no longer has a p/t second job at an upscale cake shop because the lesbian chef (whose uncle is the person best friend has been having a secret affair with for the last five years) fell in love with best friend. And then the chef's wife, the shop's manager, got crazy jealous. You. Couldn't. Make. It. Up. Then the chef discovered about the affair. Then it turned out that the chef doesn't speak to the family because she was a victim of incest and the wider family did nothing to help her. The chef broke up with her wife and tried to get best friend working there again, but it all went south (again) when chef tried to orchestrate a drunken seduction.

I myself orchestrated a drunken seduction of best friend and Mr best friend back in the day... and had my heart broken soon after, so I get where chef is coming from, but these days best friend is much less seductable and anyway chef was not a good drunk seductress.

Greek K never has things like this happen to her. She sensibly falls in love with people who love her back and doesn't attract people who bring a bowl of drama to the party. Why can't we all live lives of serene comfort like Greek K? (I love Greek K dearly - she's sort of like Catherine Middleton, beautiful and poised and lovely, only really cool too.)

Comment

Working...
                                X