No announcement yet.

waiting for the whoosh - badgergirl's journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five eye patches done...20 to go. Party tomorrow!
    I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Originally posted by badgergirl View Post
      Five eye patches done...20 to go. Party tomorrow!
      Happy Birthday to Small Boy. May your party be a roaring success
      Annie Ups the Ante
      http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• +1 here, i hope you are able to enjoy the day Badger
        G x
        "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Comment

• Party a huge success! I was even asked by a stranger where I'd got my bunting from (I made it for the small boy's fourth birthday party and it's been hanging up in his bedroom ever since) she said I should go into business - I doubt there's much money in fully hemmed and zigzagged bunting, especially as it took me a couple of days to make. Photos will follow when I've had time to recover. Phew. Now, let's start planning next year's
          Last edited by badgergirl; 01-12-2014, 12:58 AM.

Comment

• Well done Badger, you deserve to put your feet up!!!!!!!!

...small steps....

Comment

• Pirate pool party - a photo post

Last edited by badgergirl; 01-12-2014, 02:04 AM.

Comment

• OMG badger, what an awesome wee pirate family, love the smiles

...small steps....

Comment

• Love love love.

Love your bunting, love your treasure chest cake, and love your piratical family. Yay for a fantastic party.

PS I made Christmas bunting this year and will keep for future years. People probably would buy it, but I don't want to make any more - too much effort.
                  Annie Ups the Ante
                  http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

• Dude, coolest birthday party evah! Holy snikes, that rocks.

note to self...pirate party this year...

Seriously, that is awesome.

Comment

• Fantastic! And doesn't small boy just look proud as a peacock!! You are officially the coolest Mom ever.

Comment

• Thank you all for your kind words. We do try to put on a good party, but it doesn't come naturally to us (as husband and I are not especially social, gregarious people - something I hope the small boy doesn't inherit). Sometimes it can be difficult to know if the thing comes off or not. That said, the pool staff were very impressed - bunting, costumes, cakes - they said they'd never seen a pirate party where people really got into the spirit of it (they see a lot of parties and almost always mermaid or pirate).

I'm my own worst enemy because I stare at pinterest boards and think that I too can create a perfect photo-filtered life for myself and my child, but husband brings me back to earth and often has a much firmer grip on what kids actually like/is important to them instead of what we would like them to like and admire (small boy doesn't really care whether the table decorations are consistent and stylish, if they have pirates on them they are on theme - needless to say, I'd prefer a more heritage look. My organic, hand baked vegetable crisps are left behind in preference for cheezels...sigh).

Now I am busy writing individual thank you emails (I draw the line at writing and sending hard copy notes) to each family to thank them for coming and for giving the small boy a bounty of gifties. Manners maketh the mother, I feel. This is rather old school of me - we rarely, if ever, get thanked for attending parties and giving gifts, something that rather rankles. I also got the small boy to put little notes in the party bags to say thank you.
                        Last edited by badgergirl; 01-12-2014, 07:32 PM.

Comment

• My husband's youngest brother got married 5 years ago......I am still waiting for a thank you card. I think it's great that you are teaching your son the importance of expressing his thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Clarkie View Post
                            My husband's youngest brother got married 5 years ago......I am still waiting for a thank you card. I think it's great that you are teaching your son the importance of expressing his thanks.
                            Good lord, I thought weddings were the one last redoubt of formal thank you stationery. It's just not on, is it? I even make a point of writing thank you messages to the parents every time small boy goes to a party. Putting on an event is work, but equally attending a party (especially a kiddy party when you are a parent) can be a chore - both sides of the equation deserve recognition to my mind. (Clearly I'm old before my time.)

Comment

Good lord, I thought weddings were the one last redoubt of formal thank you stationery. It's just not on, is it? I even make a point of writing thank you messages to the parents every time small boy goes to a party. Putting on an event is work, but equally attending a party (especially a kiddy party when you are a parent) can be a chore - both sides of the equation deserve recognition to my mind. (Clearly I'm old before my time.)
                              Recognizing the effort required to put on an event isn't "old", but it is "good manners".... so you are now Mrs GoodManners Badger! Good job on the pool party! Awesome pics of said event.... and using big huge knofe to said said cake, is epic! lol Good job Mom!

Comment

Never say that, just got you some good breeding!

Great pics BG, sounds and looks like it was one to remember, good effort.

Comment

Working...
                                X