No announcement yet.

Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The local pet supply store does a brisk business in selling some calming concoction that people swear by - they are going through it like candy now that we have fireworks all over the place here. I'm getting stressed about it myself! For several weeks now we have had fireworks until midnight. Not official ones, of course.
    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I'm always amazed at the money people spend on fireworks! Its pretty ridiculous in my opinion....... In Oregon anything that goes more than 4 feet above the ground is illegal - even bottle rockets! But, people drive to Washington or order them online anyway. The police only respond if someone calls in a complaint or if someone gets hurt or starts a fire.

Next year for sure I will be giving doggy something to put him to sleep during the all the fireworks.
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Ah, sucks that you've been in a funk for a bit, but happy to hear you seem to be on the upswing. I can relate to the lack of girlfriends to do stuff with. Moving every few years doesn't help that, and it's too easy to lose touch with people once you leave somewhere. And the irritation with DH I also get. Same here from time to time. Nothing specific or new, just a complete irritation at pretty much everything. We seem to get past that by closing off for a while, and then just get over it and move on when the time is right. Not sure that's particularly healthy, but there it is.

I agree that you've been burning the candle at both ends for a long time, and not taking enough down time for you. Facial and manicure here and there might just not be enough. The less than ideal sleep isn't helping, either. Finding something fun to connect with DH is a good idea, if you can find something you would both enjoy. Either that (or along with that) or discover something you can enjoy on your own when there's not a GF to share it with. Art, movies, shopping, crafts? (ugh, not for me, but some seem to love it), exploring more primal/paleo friendly recipes since you used to enjoy baking. I dunno. I need to be doing more of this too.

Sending happy thoughts for a good week ahead.
        My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Thanks Greensprout. I know about the moving every two years, as that happened in my childhood. Hence the lack of childhood friends. I used to do counted cross stitch and knit, but not sure I want to do that again. I'd like to learn ballroom dancing (I think), but DH doesn't dance and I'm not sure I could do an unknown partner. I could work on adapting some family favorites to primal, but summer is not the time to turn on the oven! . I loved horseback riding as a teen (my first job was teaching jumping), but no horse and no stable close by. Too hot to garden. Just not sure what to do. DH and I do try and do movie night weekly when I'm home. Maybe I will try and write the next best seller.......just kidding! I'm not that creative. Something will come to me. I need to do some research.
          Female 55
          Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
          Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Functioning on about 4 hours. Getting ready for clinic. Threw pork chops, diced tomato, green chili, garlic, onion, and salt in slow cooker - fingers crossed, as that is dinner. I've got cauliflower rice and mash to put it over and leftover asparagus for a side. I will do laundry and pack when I get home. No idea what I'm packing yet. Hopefully I will sleep tonight. Up at 0600 to get ready to leave for airport by 0700. Okay, need to dry the mane and put on some war paint so I won't scare the kiddos.
            Female 55

Comment

• Trying to make movie date night a priority could be good for the marriage. Its really too easy to get complacent about putting the marriage/time with the spouse before and above all else. Maybe a movie and then a nice walk in a local park? Or a day at a local zoo or amusement park?

THIS might be good for you........

(I love google!)
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post

THIS might be good for you........

(I love google!)
                The restorative looks interesting. I will see what I can find around here.
                Female 55

Comment

• Clinic was rough. Legs are killing me! Chops were good. Chardonnay was better. Laundry done. Exhausted, going to bed, packing in the morning.....
                  Female 55

Comment

• Originally posted by Stewa7nise
                    I've dropped another 10 pounds.
                    From the smammers mouth to my scale.......
                    Female 55

Comment

• I used to do quite a bit of restorative yoga, it is amazingly relaxing and of course very easy.

Hey, the spambots didn't lose me 10 lbs! I'm jealous!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Happy trails (travels) today!
                        Height: 5' 10"
                        Starting Weight: 292
                        Starting Primal Weight: 275
                        Current weight: 224
                        Goal weight: 172
                        Body Fat 30.5

Comment

• I'd be happy to have that spambot visit my journal and erase 10 pounds off my charts!
                          2. Eat to heal
                          3. Move to live
                          4. Embrace today
                          5. Live with intention
                          6. Respect my body
                          7. Cultivate joy
                          8. Find my passion

Comment

• I hope you have a great trip and maybe a little time to yourself. And lots of good food!

Comment

• Got in. Checked in early (thank you platinum level). Room had refrigerator, extra hangers and towels. Unpacked and booked to my office. Got a lot done. Meeting all kids and SOs for dinner. Oh, and they gave me free breakfast buffet tickets for every morning.
                              Female 55

Comment

• Great dinner with three sons and two SO. Had salad with blue cheese and sunflower seeds. Prime rib (MR) with horseradish. Sent 3/4 home with son. About 1/2 a potato with lots of butter and sour cream. Nice Malbec x several. Up early and breakfast then teach class.
                                Female 55

Comment

Working...
                                X