Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
    It was kind of your dad to ask
    So true. The whole gluten/primal/paleo thing confounds them. He is planning a trip to Italy for my PhD graduation and is worried I won't have anything to eat! I keep telling him there is more to life than pasta and Italy has the highest number of people with Celiac disease. But he worries.......
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• I ended up with a large house salad with some grilled shrimp on it for dinner. The fresh warm Italian bread smelled divine, but I didn't taste, just had it moved to the other side of the table after the waiter put it right next to me. Crashed and burned at 830 pm last night, so slept okay (for a hotel room) about 8 hours. My back hurts as the mattress is not as comfy as home.

Meeting my uncle for breakfast in a couple of hours and then driving home. Should be there in time for dinner of leftovers.

DS says he is surviving the pack of dogs. Shilo is listening to him (he doesn't listen to DH). I've been using animal cookies to bribe/train him to go out, go into the back hall pen, or do what he's reluctant to do. I'm picturing son on his queen size bed with a Basset hound, Romeo (who grows to Great Dane size when he sleeps - major bed hog!), Juliet curled into a ball, Shilo in a ball, and Rodney (who grows into a large cocker spaniel) last night!
      Female 55

Comment

• Home. Dogs ridiculously glad to see us. I'm typing this with Romeo draped across my lap and Shi next to me. Shi was so excited I was back. I had to hold and carry him for about 10 minutes. My the ancestral table arrived while I was in Dallas. I'm getting ready to sit down with it. Dinner is leftover steak DS didn't locate!
        Female 55

Comment

• Looking for UPS to drop off my copy any minute, can't wait.

Comment

• As I hit "post" the doorbell rang, it looks great.
            Hot ginger turmeric tea, fireplace blazing, new book, Heaven!!

Comment

• Glad your trip went well. Hubby is the same with gluten issues. He has no problems eating just about anything he wants so he just can't wrap his brain around the idea that yummy tasting food can be a problem for anyone!
              1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
              2. Eat to heal
              3. Move to live
              4. Embrace today
              5. Live with intention
              6. Respect my body
              7. Cultivate joy
              8. Find my passion
              9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                As I hit "post" the doorbell rang, it looks great.
                Hot ginger turmeric tea, fireplace blazing, new book, Heaven!!
                Love the first chapter. I will no longer feel guilty about eating occasional white potato and rice!
                Female 55

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                  Glad your trip went well. Hubby is the same with gluten issues. He has no problems eating just about anything he wants so he just can't wrap his brain around the idea that yummy tasting food can be a problem for anyone!
                  Funny thing is I've been saying DH is lactose intolerant for years. Since he hasn't been eating dairy, it smells much more pleasant around here!
                  Female 55

Comment

• That's funny!
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• You won't have any trouble staying gluten free in Italy. There is so much great food and actually very little of it is pasta. Also as you have noted, the awareness is very high, even in little hole-in-the-wall places (which are often the best.) I would love an Italian vacation, you are very lucky!
                      My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Slept okay once I got to sleep. Rant warning! DH has insisted on keeping his work Bb (used for email only) on loud vibrate. Of course he sleeps right thru it, but I on the other hand am usually drifting off when the D#*^ thing goes off and wakes me up. I've tried discussing this with him to no avail. He says when I snore (usually exhausted deep sleep) it wakes him up, so it's fair. I can't control my snoring and he snores too - just denies it, because "I never hear it." Yes, you read right he doesn't hear himself, therefore it doesn't happen. Tonight I may move into a different bedroom. Okay rant over.

Schnauzers are getting groomed today. I'm going to spa and for a massage. I've got flatiron steaks marinating. I'm making Valentine’s Day Mousse | theclothesmakethegirl for dessert. Not sure about sides yet. I'd thought about topping the steaks with a fried egg, but DH didn't care for that idea. So obviously we aren't going out tonight - too stressful and busy! We will go out Monday instead.
                        Female 55

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                          Love the first chapter. I will no longer feel guilty about eating occasional white potato and rice!
                          It really is an excellent book. I knew when I heard it would be Perfect Health Diet's cookbook, I'd love it. I'm making his pizza tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by JudyCr View Post
                            It really is an excellent book. I knew when I heard it would be Perfect Health Diet's cookbook, I'd love it. I'm making his pizza tomorrow.
                            Let me know how it is. If I can find a crunchy crust, I can ditch gluten pizza!
                            Female 55

Comment

• Try getting some silicone ear plugs. They work great for the soft noises --- not so good for the roaring of my hubby snoring. Last night - he went to sleep in the other room cuz he was keeping me awake.
                              2. Eat to heal
                              3. Move to live
                              4. Embrace today
                              5. Live with intention
                              6. Respect my body
                              7. Cultivate joy
                              8. Find my passion

Comment

• He left the Blackberry in the den when he saw me gathering pillows and what not to sleep in another room. I slept about 9 blissful hours! I've been up for a bit. Did some homework. Enjoying a cup of tea with Romeo on my lap and Shi next to me with his head on my hip. The boys are very affectionate! Making ground turkey something for dinner tonight.
                                Female 55

Comment

Working...
                                X