No announcement yet.

Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish it was that easy, Tomi. He had to be ready.
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Well - I have to say - I don't expect my husband to EVER be ready. That deeply saddens my heart He's eaten anything and everything he's wanted to for his entire life. He's been pudgy for most of it. His thinnest during his adult years was just after he discovered his ex wife was having an affair and once he confronted her on it - she bailed. He lost so much weight so fast that people were asking him if he had cancer. It was a dark time for him. But - since we've been married he's gained most of it back. Actually when we first started dating (or I should say re-united) I thought he was at a perfect weight! He looked amazing! But - he LOVES food. He's short and stout and muscular. About 5'6" and is about 220#. He's best at about 175. He now has high cholesterol and I'm worried he'll diabetic before long. His dad was. It scares me. I talk to him about it - but he doesn't take much interest. I'm hoping his next visit with the doctor will put some fear in him!!!

Count your blessings!
      1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
      2. Eat to heal
      3. Move to live
      4. Embrace today
      5. Live with intention
      6. Respect my body
      7. Cultivate joy
      8. Find my passion
      9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Yup, I count them daily!

salad, chicken, and grilled veggies for dinner. Met with my dissertation chair - major rewrites on proposal now.
        Female 55

Comment

• With you to look after him, DH will be auditioning for Chippendales in no time!
          My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
            With you to look after him, DH will be auditioning for Chippendales in no time!
            Funny!!!
            Female 55

Comment

• Slept for about 2 hours and now I'm up. I caught up on all the posts my students have done, which is an on-going project the first few days. Think I will try reading a chapter and then turn off the light again. I had stopped doing this at home - so hope I'm not getting back into the habit.
              Female 55

Comment

• went back to sleep until my alarm went off at 7. Looked at my day and decided to move a bunch of stuff to tomorrow. Going to putz around a bit. Went downstairs for breakfast while they cleaned my room. Working from hotel this morning. Meeting with pathophysiology team (3 of us co-teaching 3 different sections) this evening at PF Changs (gluten free menu). Sent out several work emails. Will probably take a nap and do nothing else productive until this evening!
                Last edited by Pedidoc; 01-22-2014, 10:06 AM.
                Female 55

Comment

• Very lazy day. I ate some leftover chicken breast for lunch, water, a handful of rice crackers, and two squares of dark chocolate. Dinner was brisket, napa cabbage slaw, wine, and the devil - ff. Back in the room, watching the news. Early bed tonight. For some reason, I'm worn out this trip. I think I'm ready to stop traveling so much. I go home Sunday, home 1 week, and then leave for Utah the following monday for 2 days. Home thursday and then on the 7th meet with local university again.
                  Female 55

Comment

• I hope you can stop traveling soon - I don't know how anyone lives that way. I admire you for keeping it up for so long! What a trooper! Airport security is enough to keep me from planning very many trips. Even a vacation through an airport makes me sigh and wish there was another option.
                    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                    2. Eat to heal
                    3. Move to live
                    4. Embrace today
                    5. Live with intention
                    6. Respect my body
                    7. Cultivate joy
                    8. Find my passion

Comment

• I've gotten very efficient at going thru security. I get to walk thru the metal detector since I have shoulder issues and the "position" for the scanner is difficult for me. If I was going to keep traveling, I would get the special pass to go thru the line where you don't have to take off your shoes, take your computer out, of sweater off. But, I'm hoping that I will only travel occasionally soon.

I did talk to my boss here again and she asked if I would teach an on-line course this summer (of course) and if I would teach a face to face class for DNP (that would mean 5 trips of fly in Friday and out Sunday). Thats not too bad. I would also be here for a week in August (probably need to drive, so I can pack up my office) for my students' graduation.

I try to eat as clean as possible when traveling, but I always have too much wine and end up gaining back anything I have managed to loose at home. The 2 week stays are the worst - like this one.

Tonight (thursday) I'm meeting sons 3 and 4 for dinner. I don't think I will go in to the office. I should be able to work from the hotel. I may get away with the same thing on Friday. Saturday I've got class from 8-12, will work in the office until 4, dinner 4-530 and then night clinic 6-?. I hope it isn't too busy, but am sure it will be. I will take my kindle and iPad just in case I get slow, but in the winter that usually doesn't happen. If we are busy, I hope we can shut down by 10 - 11 at the latest. It is good money, but I leave the next day and have to get up, pack, have breakfast with the boys, and get to the airport. I can sleep on the plane - 2 hour nap.
                      Female 55

Comment

• Hi, Pedidoc.
                        My husband will be having his shoulder joint replaced in March and I am trying to get ahead with freezer meals, etc. i know he will be a difficult patient and I won't have time for the usual manner of cooking. Tomi says you are the Queen at these sorts of things and might be able to give me some hints.

Thanks, I appreciate it!
                        Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Originally posted by honeybuns View Post
                          Hi, Pedidoc.
                          My husband will be having his shoulder joint replaced in March and I am trying to get ahead with freezer meals, etc. i know he will be a difficult patient and I won't have time for the usual manner of cooking. Tomi says you are the Queen at these sorts of things and might be able to give me some hints.

Thanks, I appreciate it!
                          Well I don't know if I'm the "Queen," but I will try and give some hints. I use a slow cooker a lot. So for example make a big pot of chili and then I use gallon freezer bags to portion out amounts, label, and freeze flat (takes up less room). I would make bone broth and freeze, so you can throw it and some meat and veg in a pot and simmer a healthy soup for him. I made my own gelatin squares (look on Nom Nom Paleo site) with unsweetened fruit juice and organic gelatin for after my surgery. Another good resource is Once a Month Meals (its an on-line site). Let me know if you have any specific questions.
                          Female 55

Comment

• Hope you're not feeling too tired after the odd nights of sleep you've had lately.

I'm working on about 75% of full throttle today........... good thing I don't have a lot of pressing and important work to do!
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                              Hope you're not feeling too tired after the odd nights of sleep you've had lately.
                              Thanks Tomi. I'm working from the hotel again today. That means the do not disturb sign is up, I'm still in my p.j.s and I'm in bed under the covers! I need to work on a homework post, my proposal, and some educator modules today. Hopefully I will feel motivated soon. Meeting sons 3 & 4 for dinner.
                              Female 55

Comment

• Got 3 modules done! Turned in my homework. Had grilled chicken with mushrooms and grilled veggies for dinner. Windy and cold for here. Staying in as much as possible to avoid asthma issues.
                                Female 55

Comment

Working...
                                X