No announcement yet.

Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swelling is better. Worked on my courses that go live tuesday and they are ready to go. Worked on my homework some. Chipping away at it bit by bit. Started the itchy and peeling phase, so having a hard time sleeping. Not supposed to scratch, peel, or rub my face - its hard when it itches this bad. Benadryl helps some. Fortunately, I don't have to go anywhere tomorrow, so can take a nap if needed. Eats have been okay. I'm hoping I look okay enough to get breakfast downstairs Sunday.
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Got back to sleep and crashed until after 9. Got up and put a chilled wet washcloth on my face and meditated for about 30 minutes. Then washed face and applied moisturizer. Now I'm drinking coffee and will have something to eat in a bit. Today I will work on homework and putter around in my room again.
      Female 55

Comment

• So mom took Ginger to the vet yesterday and the decision was made to euthanize and put her out of her pain. She lived a good life 14 years. DH stopped by today and said mom seemed to be doing okay. Mom did tell him she didn't think she would have done as well if Rodney hadn't of been there for her. He sleeps on her bed at the foot unless he thinks she needs a snuggle. If that's the case he asks to get under the covers and snuggles up against her chest. He gets up with dad and takes a mid-morning nap with him on the couch. When mom sits down he is up in her lap. I'm so glad he came into our lives and we were able to give him to them for Christmas. Everything worked out the way it was supposed to!
        Female 55

Comment

• That's both sad and sweet. It's so wonderful that your family rescues these angels who know just how to thank you.

Comment

• I miss DH and my schnauzer pups. My lap feels empty without Romeo or Juliet.
            Female 55

Comment

• Dogs and DHs make it all worthwhile! You'll soon be back with both!

Sorry about your mom's Ginger but so glad Rodney is filling in. Funny how they just know what to do.

Years ago I had a cancer bit removed from my eyebrow area - it looked so unbelievably horrible that I had to laugh. Healed up very nicely, though, just a tiny scar and my eyebrow grew back even though it wasn't supposed to. Lucky for me!
              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• I'm fortunate that the spots aren't cancer. Just places of "concern" so I had them taken care of. One of my doctoral NP students did it for me, which is why I did it in EP. Also, I was able to block out the 4 days to just veg and let things heal. I've bounced back faster than expected, but again good nutrition, plenty of rest, and no exertion to increase blood flow to the area. I'm just about ready to leave the hotel room. Other than some redness and peeling, you can't tell I had my face zapped by a laser! I did not nap yesterday, but still am up at my odd time again - I think its about when the benedryl for itching wears off. So going to take another benedryl and hope of get some more sleep. I was on such a good night sleep schedule lately, that this is a set back. Hopefully I will get over it quickly.
                Female 55

Comment

• Good old benadryl, what would we do without it? I always keep some around. When I had the skin cancer (basal cell carcinoma) in my left eyebrow, it was removed surgically and I had to keep it from scabbing over, put various creams on it all of the time. So I had a nasty fresh looking wound above my eye for three weeks! But as I said, it healed beautifully and has never recurred, so it was all good. It was in the days before lasers. Wow, that was a long time ago. I'm as old as dirt.

Hope you got some more sleep.

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Thanks Sio. I crashed for another 4 or so hours. Woke up to intense peeling (so much for thinking it was done! The aquaphor masked it) and itching. I'm moisturizing and avoiding Benadryl today. I've got to work tomorrow.

I scheduled face to face class for my acute care PNP students with 4 speakers Monday and 4 Tuesday. Seems reasonable, but we are going 8-5 both days. My co-instructor is running Tuesday, so I can meet with my dissertation chair from 7a-11a (she's an early bird).

The good news is I'm cleared to wear makeup as of today, so I can cover the red. I'm not much of a makeup wearer, but got advised to get this specific kind to help protect my "new" skin. Sunscreen on face also - I'm so pale I don't tan, I just burn. I take vitamin D because I know I don't get enough sunshine to make my own.

On another note, DH has sent me his weight today 199. He swore he was 200 when he started 12/30, but his first weigh in after a week of eating clean was 212. I'm guessing he was at minimum 215 and could have been 220 and not wanting to tell me. Before I left, I could tell a huge difference in his "baby bump." I showed him how to make a smoothie for a quick breakfast (he leaves the house at 4am) and I cooked and portioned out lunches and dinners. I am allowing him rice and quinoa in limited amounts (weaning off carbs slowly, so gluten was first step). He gets 3 meals and two snacks (fruit, nuts, veggies, or lunchmeat) every day. I know not quite primal, but baby steps and the big thing for me was getting him to understand a normal serving size (used to be triple whopper, extra large fries, diet coke lunch) and keep him from getting hungry. He's off dairy, diet soda, and tea with sweet and low.

I'm reading paleo code and think I can ease him into reset when I get home. He's 1/2 way there. Just need to ditch grains. He was raised with rice and beans or potato and corn at every meal. He'd never had a salad (other then lettuce and tomato next to enchiladas) until he met me. So weaning off grains is going to be a challenge.
                    Female 55

Comment

• I think that is amazing progress so far! I hope he is feeling better, more energy, etc. I feel I was lucky to have gotten off diet soda about a year before going primal. I was totally and completely addicted and I knew it was bad for me long before I ever heard of primal or paleo. The thing was, I didn't even really like it but I craved it like mad. I don't know if I could have succeeded at primal if I hadn't already gotten off the soda. But of course that is just me, n=1. I am very sympathetic to anyone giving up the diet soda!

Comment

• I hear you. I've been off diet soda 3 years now, I think. People can't believe it - what do you drink, is always their question. I'm hoping the aches and pains he was having have improved. If for no other reason than he's carrying less weight.
                        Female 55

Comment

• Yes, I'm up at odd times again. I think the primal fuel shake (I mixed with water) upset my stomach, as I have had bad gas. Its the only thing I ate different today from the last few days. I drank them when recovering from surgery without issue. Not sure why, but it was uncomfortable enough, that I'm up. I've got to get up in 2 hours anyway to get ready for my day. I really would like to go back to sleep, but I've been tossing and turning for about 2 hours before I gave up. Sometimes it helps to just turn on the light and do a couple of things. Like a reset button! Okay trying again for some sleep.
                          Female 55

Comment

• Sorry to hear about Ginger We will be facing the same choices in the near future with our Zeus - he's only 7, but has a lot of pain due to the hip dysplasia. Basset Hounds have a short life span as it is.

Good thing your mom has another to give her love and comfort.
                            1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion
                            9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• DH sent me an email saying his uniforms thank me - they are loose and he says he feels lighter!
                              Female 55

Comment

• ^ excellent!! can you have him call my hubby please???
                                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion
                                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Working...
                                X