No announcement yet.

Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just spent about two hours shopping for clothes that fit. I've got a couple of interchangeable pants, tops, sweaters that are office casual to professional depending on mix, two dresses that can be assesorized up or down, and a couple of interchangeable cords, jeans, tops, sweaters that are casual, travel, to office casual depending on mix. I had a very helpful sales lady, who once I explained why I was shopping (surgery) and what I needed (sorry don't know my size) parked me in a dressing room and scoured the store for bargains and stuff that would make as many different looks as possible. Now I just need to get some stockings and believe it or not a belt (a couple of the dressy tops and both dresses need to be cinched in a bit at the waist). Walked over to the store, but caught the trolley back. Feet up, relaxing, having a 1/2 cup coffee, water, and yogurt.
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Love shopping for new clothes. Hope you feel great in your new purchases. What a nice assistant too!
      I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

• Sounds like fun! I am happy to know there are good salespeople out there.

One tiny regret I have - and it is very tiny - is that when I worked in an office, back in the 80s, clothes were HORRIBLE. Women were expected to wear nasty ugly suits and try to look like men. At least in the bank where I worked. Now women can wear fun clothes, really pretty things and comfortable too. But I don't have much opportunity to wear such things. Of course, I wear the equivalent of pajamas to work and that is really, really good! I wouldn't trade, but I wouldn't mind having occasion to wear nice things a little more often. (Church is about the only place.)

I hope you are feeling well and are not in pain and having a good time with your colleagues and friends!
        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
          Sounds like fun! I am happy to know there are good salespeople out there.

One tiny regret I have - and it is very tiny - is that when I worked in an office, back in the 80s, clothes were HORRIBLE. Women were expected to wear nasty ugly suits and try to look like men. At least in the bank where I worked. Now women can wear fun clothes, really pretty things and comfortable too.
          I remember those times too. Even now when I look back at photos of me in my 20s when I was working I wonder what I was thinking!! Of course I was also hiding a mountain of weight too. Horrific.
          I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

• Well for clinic, I do wear scrubs. But to teach or interview or other general director stuff I need to dress nice. As a student, I dress office casual unless I'm giving a formal presentation and the I dress professional. The sad/good thing is the pants will hopefully only fit for another 2-3 weeks.
            Last edited by Pedidoc; 09-27-2013, 05:27 AM.
            Female 55

Comment

• Opening of the exhibit hall was fun. Walked the entire thing with friends. I had a late snack of cheese, olives, and almonds. Slept fairly well. Having coffee, catching up. And watching news before I have to get moving. I'm going to opening speaker and a breakout session afterwards. Then I've got a nap planned because tonight we have a reception for a local politician and the legislative dinner. I'm hoping to get to bed early tonight.
              Female 55

Comment

• Sounds like you're having fun! Remember to take down/rest time as you are still in recovery mode! Love hearing of your shrinking frame!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                  Sounds like you're having fun! Remember to take down/rest time as you are still in recovery mode! Love hearing of your shrinking frame!
                  +1. It does sound like you are having a nice time though!

Comment

• Took a nice nap today. Now dressed to go to reception and then legislative dinner.
                    Female 55

Comment

• Oooooh. Sounds fancy. Have a nice time.

Comment

• Sounds great! Glad you had a good day - or probably more than good!

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Wore a dress. Lots of compliments. Several friends didn't recognize me!
                          Female 55

Comment

• OOOoogah oogah! Wish I could be a fly on the wall.

Do you pick up all those goodies, pens, calculators, bags, mugs, etc.? We respiratory therapists are crazy for all that stuff. I generally restrain myself, knowing that I can only use so many pens and coffee mugs and I have enough bags for the rest of my life.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                              Several friends didn't recognize me!
                              Wow, that is major! I bet you felt fantastic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                                OOOoogah oogah! Wish I could be a fly on the wall.

Do you pick up all those goodies, pens, calculators, bags, mugs, etc.? We respiratory therapists are crazy for all that stuff. I generally restrain myself, knowing that I can only use so many pens and coffee mugs and I have enough bags for the rest of my life.
                                Yes, I do pick up all the goodies. Then I take out what I want and give the rest away to the MAs at work.
                                Female 55

Comment

Working...
                                X