No announcement yet.

Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ouch! Lamaze breathing and pain killers although I'm probably too late in offering you my tuppence worth. Was thinking you should just pour yourself a gin and tonic and now find myself curiously craving one.
    I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kikiperpie View Post
      Ouch! Lamaze breathing and pain killers although I'm probably too late in offering you my tuppence worth. Was thinking you should just pour yourself a gin and tonic and now find myself curiously craving one.
      Doing breathing (all 4 sons were natural births). I'm not fond of the smell of gin - too flowery. Now vodka - that's different, just not drinking it right now.
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Talked to them at noon and I'm to send pictures at next dressing change. Napped 2 hours, changed dressing, and snapped pics. Called and they got them. Now I wait.
        Female 55

Comment

• As a medical professional do you feel they are dealing with you appropriately? From here it's hard to tell. Are you ok with sending pics and waiting? I hope you are in regular phone contact!
          I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

• I'm okay with sending pics, its nothing I haven't asked parents to do for me. I mean how can I diagnose a rash over the phone? A pic helps immensely.

The office called back and the PS said to change packing every 8 hours. Part of the problem is getting compression garment re-hooked and zipped. Today I had on looser one, but will change tonight to the new tighter one. If I feel the need I can go in to the office tomorrow. Will call in the morning with an update.

Dinner is leftovers. I may do a glass of wine while watching The Voice. After all the dressing changes, I think I deserve it......
            Female 55

Comment

• I think you deserve the bottle. As long as you're not being palmed off with the pic thing. I'm assuming its not a rash you're dealing with though. I hope you get the response you need. Do what I did and blind them with science that will make them sit up and notice! I'm sure you are due another barbiturate soon.

Comment

• The docs response is fine. The conference I'm going to Wednesday is for nurse practitioners, so will get a 2nd and 3rd opinion. I will have lots of friends there.

No bottle for me - it doesn't mix well with the narcotics I'm on.

Leftovers were great. Not looking forward to packing change later tonight.
                Female 55

Comment

• I hope all is well and this will soon be a memory.
                  My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Kath, you've continually been in my thoughts and prayers.

Comment

• Hang in there. Though I'm surprised with the packing changes that you can't get it done by a home care nurse. I used to be a supervisor for a home care agency, and we did this kind of stuff all the time, pretty standard. Granted, we have very different health care systems.
                      My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                        Hang in there. Though I'm surprised with the packing changes that you can't get it done by a home care nurse. I used to be a supervisor for a home care agency, and we did this kind of stuff all the time, pretty standard. Granted, we have very different health care systems.
                        In fairness, yesterday they had that aha moment, but tomorrow I'm at a conference full of NPs of which a good 50 or so are friends, so I elected to soldier on until then.
                        Female 55

Comment

• Slept really good last night - the best since switching to flat, side position. I feel good today.

Will change packing in a bit. Enjoying my coffee and catching up. I was the only one who ate leftovers yesterday, so will recycle again tonight. I was proud of DH - he said he felt full so had some salad and later a yogurt. Used to be he would have stuffed himself anyways.

Things to do today: facial massage, pedicure, try on clothes to pack (I've been living in nightgowns and/or sweats). I need to get some cash from the bank, a thank-you card for mom, and pick up my singular refill. Of course, I've got reading also.......
                          Female 55

Comment

• Facial massage was soo relaxing. Pedicure the same. Prior to going I tried on a few clothes - some fit loose, some fit tight, some not yet (8 & 10s). Mom says I look less swollen. . Took a short (90 minute nap after spa). Still tired, but trying to shift my sleep back to night only. Packing change went well. Will do again tonight.
                            Female 55

Comment

• Just heard from one of my PNP-AC students. She took the certification exam today and PASSED!!! My 1st AC student pass.
                              Female 55

Comment

• yeah!
                                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion
                                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Working...
                                X