No announcement yet.

Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite was the night nurse bringing me saltine crackers to eat so I wouldn't get nauseated with Percocet. I told her I have a gluten allergy (trust me easier than trying to explain) and she said but you can have crackers...........
    Female 55
    Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
    Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
      but you can have crackers...........
      Seriously, and they let her look after people? Yes I know you're diabetic but you can have a bag of sugar. It did make me snort unattractively though.
      I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

• When I told her no, flour is flour she was like, but what can you take so you won't get nauseous? I told her the doc had ordered IV zofran for that. Her response - oh, I didn't think of that. Mind you it was the night after a 7 hour surgery and I was on a morphine pump (wouldn't need the Percocet if she hadn't let the pump run out) and I was using more brain cells than she was.

The diet aide was priceless in the morning, toast - no, it has gluten, oatmeal, no its a grain, well what can you eat. Omlet, fresh fruit, coffee. Two bites of nasty fake egg omlet, all the fresh fruit, and most of the coffee was consumed.
        Female 55

Comment

• I hope you at least got to eat the little butter pats they serve with the toast. Yes hospital food is pretty disgusting wherever you are then. Eggs are probably powdered. (Isn't that from the war?) when I was in for my cardiac stuff I spent about 10 days in hospital and lost 7 pounds while lying in bed doing no exercise at all. I also spent 3 months in hospital while expecting no.1 son and people just brought me food all the time. There was no way I was going to incubate a healthy baby eating the crap they were serving in the hospital and that was pre PB. I never liked white bread.

Anyway I hope you prepared and froze loads in advance. You couldn't fail to thrive on all the amazing food I have been reading about in your journal.

I feel sorry for that nurse though, she probably thought she was doing you a favour by offering food instead of more drugs. She obviously had no idea of the formidable force she was dealing with!
          I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

• I prepared fairly well. Bone broth, homemade organic gelatin jigglers, pre cooked stuff to add to eggs, primal crackers. The first week my mom, DS, and DH cooked for me from my stockpile. After that I sent DS shopping and supervised what they cooked. Lots of slowcooker stuff.
            Female 55

Comment

• Lol. Supervised what they cooked. I'd be barking orders!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kikiperpie View Post
                Lol. Supervised what they cooked. I'd be barking orders!
                May have happened a few times (depending on pain levels, of course!).
                Female 55

Comment

• My MIL gave me cocodemol (don't know if it has the same name in US) a few years ago for something. I found everything was pretty sweeeeeeeeeet on those bad boys. I was so happy to get off them though. You aren't being a hero with the pain medication are you?

Comment

• I was, but Siobhan, Greensprout, and Tomi straightened me out.
                    Female 55

Comment

• Originally posted by Pedidoc View Post
                      I was, but Siobhan, Greensprout, and Tomi straightened me out.
                      Now that's positive cyber bullying in action! Lol!

Comment

• Yes, we were cyberbullies! And proud of it!

My hospital (no naming names) is just as bad or worse with diet. Honestly, it is practically criminal. I looked at a
                        'diabetic' meal once. Toast. Jam with fake sugar. Corn flakes. Skim milk. Uh...loaded with carbs...diabetic...insulin...you don't need a degree in anything to know that is all wrong.
                        My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Showered, hair washed. When I pulled packing, it was not wicking correctly and I had a large spurt of old blood (better out than in!). Let it drain in shower. Repacked and dressed. I'm calling the PS office tomorrow, as I think they need to look at it. Have asked mom for a ride. Chin is doing better post facial massage. She is going to do a 30 minute face, neck, shoulder massage Tuesday when I go get my pedicure.
                          Female 55

Comment

• Slept okay. Still getting used to getting comfortable on my sides. Waiting until doctor's office opens to call. Not sure if we can resolve over the phone or if I have to go in.

Leftovers for dinner. The refrigerator is seriously full!

Nothing but reading planned for today. Depends on what PS office says. Feeling pretty lazy - of course I just got up!
                            Female 55

Comment

• Called doctor's office. Nurse isn't in. Doctor will be in late today. They want me to change packing 3 times before noon - talk about self inflicted pain!
                              Female 55

Comment

• sorry you are having to go through this tough time. It will all be worth it in the long run.........
                                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                                2. Eat to heal
                                3. Move to live
                                4. Embrace today
                                5. Live with intention
                                6. Respect my body
                                7. Cultivate joy
                                8. Find my passion
                                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

Working...
                                X