Healthier_Kathi (AKA PediDoc)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ouchy...................
    1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
    2. Eat to heal
    3. Move to live
    4. Embrace today
    5. Live with intention
    6. Respect my body
    7. Cultivate joy
    8. Find my passion
    9. Meditate on peace in my soul

Comment

• Facial was relaxing, but exhausting if that makes any sense at all. DH took me and picked me up. Got home, changed into nightgown, checked dressing - left it alone, took a nap (2 1/2 hours). Dogs are back to being very protective. DS asked them twice if they wanted to go outside and they didn't even move!
      Female 55
      Starting wt: 198, Goal: 135, Current with PB: 165
      Started at a size 16 down to loose 10

With PB my asthma has improved, low back pain is gone, & I've got more energy

My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread60175.html

Comment

• Hi Pedidoc, I've been reading bits of your journal, I gather your current incapacity is not your normal state. Health care professionals make the worst patients as I understand! Hope things start looking brighter soon, don't push yourself. I am mightily impressed by all your accomplishments, both primal and otherwise so far. I am hoping to join the dots as I have read most of the first 50 pages and some of the last 50 so I'm not sure why you have had surgery but I gather it was planned. Hope your recovery kicks in. In the meantime do what your body tells you to do and before you know it you'll be running the whole show again!
        I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

• Thanks Kikiperpie! If you get to February you will read all about the breast cancer scare that drove the surgery.

You are right we are the worse patients!
          Female 55

Comment

• I know this cos several of my BFFs are in the medical profession. In fact I was with a friend this am. and her DD had been up sick since 5.30. Her response was I don't believe you're actually sick unless you're unconscious. If you are well enough to tell me you aren't well then you are doing ok! Lol . I REALLY hope you are doing ok. I know from experience that it will get better. The worst part is the knitting of the tissues. And seriously NO LIFTING!
            I'm not saying lets kill all the stupid people in the world, I'm just saying let's remove all the warning labels and let the problem take care of itself.

Comment

• Glad today was better and the dogs and men are being helpful. That is so important! Dogs know stuff.
              My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• you gotta love those sweet little fur balls. They know momma needs some extra love and attention.
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion

Comment

• I feel like they are protecting my nap from being interrupted!

Good talk with DS. He also gave me a back rub. My lower back is tight from sleeping on my back since surgery.

Ribs for dinner tomorrow.
                  Last edited by Pedidoc; 09-22-2013, 06:05 AM.
                  Female 55

Comment

• When I first read that, I thought you meant he was going to rub your ribs! Ouch! But I'm guessing you're going to EAT them?
                    My Primal Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread53052.html

"Freedom from fear" could be said to sum up the whole philosophy of human rights. - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

• Originally posted by Siobhan View Post
                      When I first read that, I thought you meant he was going to rub your ribs! Ouch! But I'm guessing you're going to EAT them?
                      Okay, fixed the post. You are right ribs for dinner.
                      Female 55

Comment

• Slept okay. Actually side slept the entire night. Lots of shifting and waking up to reposition though. Coffee, caught up on journals. Getting ready to supervise starting the ribs. Easy day planned. Communicated with my teacher and can turn in all papers for one class by the 2nd to get feedback prior to presentation. The second class, I will get turned in when I can. So a few more pages of reading today.
                        Female 55

Comment

• Reading for the day done. Three articles found on Internet and printed. Now just have curriculum development reading to do this week (155 pages total). Will divide over 4 days so about 40 pages a day.

Ribs smell great.

Getting ready to go down for a nap.
                          Female 55

Comment

• side sleeping = mending, yes?
                            2. Eat to heal
                            3. Move to live
                            4. Embrace today
                            5. Live with intention
                            6. Respect my body
                            7. Cultivate joy
                            8. Find my passion

Comment

• Originally posted by tomi View Post
                              side sleeping = mending, yes?
                              Yes, very much so. The PS told me to try when I saw her Friday.
                              Female 55

Comment

• thank God you are getting some decent sleep and sleeping on side is definitely great progress. It's all about baby steps unfortunately at this stage. Good for you keeping primal in hospital, over here you definitely don't want to be eating hospital food if you can help it. I'm sure you read the story a few weeks ago about the lady who had really bad burns and stunned her doctors with her recovery and it was all down to PB. Anyway you know all this, sending good wishes and positive vibes for your recovery!

Comment

Working...
                                X