Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TorMag’s Primal Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Day 14 Blood Sugar Solution

    Morning BS 131. That is more like it. Got to be very happy with that..... .

    Morning BS = 131

    Breakfast = 1 sausage 3 fried eggs

    Lunch = skipped, late breakfast

    Dinner = Steak, zuchinni, LAS

    Exercise = none
    Last edited by TorMag; 09-10-2012, 04:51 AM.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

    My Journal
    My Journal

    Comment


    • Day 15 Blood Sugar Solution

      Morning BS was 138, really happy, two days in a row that my morning BS has been in the 130's. I can't began to tell you how excited I am about this. I have not had sugars like this since I became Primal and took myself of insulin. Would be nice to be able to isolate what exactly was the change that made the sugars come down. Here is the list of what I am doing different.

      1. No starches, this means no sweet potatoes or rice that I was eating. Those were occasionally.
      2. No fruit. This could be the one, I was eating fruit. Apples and strawberries were at the top of the list. Not a lot, of fruit, but enough.
      3. No Caffeine
      4. No Diary. I am cheating a little here. I am having a cup of Crio Bru in the mornings with a little bit of heavy whipping cream and I still use butter to fry my eggs. So diary might not be the problem, as this has not changed from what I was doing before.
      5. Taking all the supplements.
      I Kettlebell therefore I am.

      My Journal
      My Journal

      Comment


      • Congrats on your overall downward movement of the blood sugar readings! That is really fantastic

        BTW, every time I pick up the kettlebell, I think of you. I'm finally starting to build a routine for myself and try out some different moves (instead of just swings, deadlifts, and goblets).
        Depression Lies

        Comment


        • Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
          Congrats on your overall downward movement of the blood sugar readings! That is really fantastic

          BTW, every time I pick up the kettlebell, I think of you. I'm finally starting to build a routine for myself and try out some different moves (instead of just swings, deadlifts, and goblets).
          I am glad someone thinks about me!!!!!!! I love moving the kettlebells around. Have you tried doing the snatch? That is one of my favorites. In Steve Cotter's upper body routine, he has you do a seated snatch, takes the legs out of it, all arm and upper back. It's a fun one.

          Thanks for keeping track of my blood sugar results. I am pretty excited about how this is going. The N=1 is working out really well. Shows me that my pancreas is working and still spitting out insulin, I guess the problem was I am/was really insulin resistant, even with a year of Primal living under the belt. Can't wait to see where I am when the remaining 27 days is over.
          I Kettlebell therefore I am.

          My Journal
          My Journal

          Comment


          • TorMag, I was thinking about you too, wanted to see if you are doing better. It seems like it is going well overall. I look at you and feel hopeful!!! Fingers crossed for you!

            P.S: Thank you for reporting how strongly the fruit might be impacting your blood sugar. That's a kick in the head that I need to keep trying to stay away from the deliciously evil stuff.
            Last edited by Leida; 09-10-2012, 12:03 PM.
            My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
            When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Leida View Post
              TorMag, I was thinking about you too, wanted to see if you are doing better. It seems like it is going well overall. I look at you and feel hopeful!!! Fingers crossed for you!

              P.S: Thank you for reporting how strongly the fruit might be impacting your blood sugar. That's a kick in the head that I need to keep trying to stay away from the deliciously evil stuff.
              Thanks Leida. Fruit was a real big one for me. I have to admit, last night around 10:30 I was craving something sweet, usually not a problem for me. But boy last night I wanted something sweet. Had my hand on some grapes in the refrigerator, but was able to talk myself out of them.... I love fruit.
              I Kettlebell therefore I am.

              My Journal
              My Journal

              Comment


              • Yeah, me too. I don't remember which book says that but for me it is spot on: "We are often addicted to the very thing that hurts us."
                My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
                When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

                Comment


                • TorMag are you still taking the BS meds? I am taking glipizide and metformin and it is keeping mine in the 130's-150's I took my self off Lantus about a month ago when I started doing the primal thing. I found out last night that if I take a glipizide before supper my fasting BS was 97. Will be playing with that as well. Once you get some more weight off the resistance will go away too I hear.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Pops9653 View Post
                    TorMag are you still taking the BS meds? I am taking glipizide and metformin and it is keeping mine in the 130's-150's I took my self off Lantus about a month ago when I started doing the primal thing. I found out last night that if I take a glipizide before supper my fasting BS was 97. Will be playing with that as well. Once you get some more weight off the resistance will go away too I hear.
                    Hey Pops, I still take glimepiride and Jamumet. I have also started taking both of those before my meals. I have taken off a lot of weight, my loss is at 97 lbs right now, still gunning for another 40 lbs gone.
                    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

                    My Journal
                    My Journal

                    Comment


                    • Day 16 Blood Sugar Solution

                      Morning BS was 155, I forgot to take all my supplements and pills before dinner last night, that could be it. That was one of the other changes I had made, taking my meds before I ate. I use to take them right before bed at night, but in the book Dr. Hyman said you should be taking them before meals.

                      Morning BS = 155

                      Breakfast = Ultra Smoothie.

                      Lunch = BAS

                      Dinner = Bowl of beanless chili and some swiss chard

                      Exercise = 20 minute kettlebell circuit.
                      Last edited by TorMag; 09-11-2012, 08:42 PM.
                      I Kettlebell therefore I am.

                      My Journal
                      My Journal

                      Comment


                      • Hey Tim,
                        do you mind if I ask what supplements you are using?

                        My fasting BS are down between 94-105 now

                        I have discovered I cannot eat anything after dinner at all and I have to at least walk one time each day for the best results. I ordered the BS book too. I love seeing how great your results are. Keep it up you are an inspiration!!

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by longing2bfit View Post
                          Hey Tim,
                          do you mind if I ask what supplements you are using?

                          My fasting BS are down between 94-105 now

                          I have discovered I cannot eat anything after dinner at all and I have to at least walk one time each day for the best results. I ordered the BS book too. I love seeing how great your results are. Keep it up you are an inspiration!!
                          This is what I am currently taking. All are taken twice a day expect the Vitamin D3.

                          Basic
                          Multivitamin
                          Fish Oil 300/200 mg EPA/DHA
                          Vitamin D - D3 1000 - 2000 IU
                          Magnesium 200 mg
                          probiotic
                          alpha lipoic acid 300 - 600 mg
                          chromium polynicotinate 200 - 600 mcg
                          biotin 1 - 2 mg
                          cinnamom 125 - 250 mg
                          green tea catechins 25 - 50 mg
                          PGX 2.5 grams

                          Advance
                          acacia extract (heartwood) 180-360 mg
                          hops extract 180-360 mg
                          fenugreek seed extract 1000 mg 70% soluble fiber
                          gymnema leaf 100 mg
                          Bitter Melon 150 mg

                          Glad to hear you ordered the book. Thanks for the support, I really appreciate it.
                          I Kettlebell therefore I am.

                          My Journal
                          My Journal

                          Comment


                          • Day 17 Blood Sugar Solution

                            Morning BS = 148

                            Breakfast = Pork chop

                            Lunch = BAS
                            Last edited by TorMag; 09-12-2012, 10:54 AM.
                            I Kettlebell therefore I am.

                            My Journal
                            My Journal

                            Comment


                            • Ok What is BAS for lunch?

                              Comment


                              • Doing a happy dance, got on the scale today. I only weigh myself once a week and at work because we have a "Dr." scale in the gym in the building. I had not weighed myself since starting the Blood sugar solution. I have dropped 6 more lbs and just broke the 100 pound loss mark. HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!
                                I Kettlebell therefore I am.

                                My Journal
                                My Journal

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X