No announcement yet.

TorMag’s Primal Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man im creaking today. I have very nearly finished Marks LHT programme. Im on (I think) the second last movement for each thing. So witht hat in mind I started to make alterations, adding in swings, famers carries etc. Nothing heavy or taxing. With the intentio to still do the LHT work until completion. Well even a couple of hours after the gym my bag is popping and uncomfortable (a reason I decided to come to Marks programme in the first place was to work my muscles hard whilst avoiding weights which hurt some of the bad joints Iv got after years of rugby).

Im not sure whether to just stick with only Marks programme until completed or factor in something like one session a weak from 'Body by Science' (which I heard where easy on the joints because of the slow controlled cadence and time under tension) and one of Marks workouts. Thoughts?

Havnt creaked and been sore for the last month, which is exactly when I stopped all weights and concentrated on bodyweight movements.

Richard
    It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

• Richard, mix it up as much as you can. That is what I am trying to do these days. Keep your body guessing.
      I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
      My Journal

Comment

• Day 5. Blood Sugar Solution.

Things are going in the wrong directions, morning fasting BS was 212 this morning. Not going to pannic because 212 is still much better than the 250+'s I have been pulling. I have not exercised in three days now, work has been killing me this week and yesterday was a very high stress day. Stress can cause BS to go up, not good on insulin resistence. Also, because of work, I did not eat dinner till 9:00 PM.

Morning Fasting BS = 212

Breakfast = BSS Ultra Smoothie (see day 1, flax seed smoothie)

Morning Snack = 12 almonds and some decaff tea.

My Journal
        My Journal

Comment

• I tried chicken liver today, and spit it out is was so awful. I tried, honestly, but it was so gross tasting. How anybody can say liver is good, I don't know.... Had pour hot scalding water over the tongue to get the taste out of my mouth.

My Journal
          My Journal

Comment

• Day 8. Blood Sugar Solution

Sorry, didn't write down a couple of days. Blood sugars went up some more the last couple of days, got back up to 225, still not above 250. Still have not had a chance to exercise this week, work has just been pounding me. Thought I would get a 3 day weekend, but the boss told me Friday I had all sorts of Database maintence I was going to have to do over the 3 days.... Sucks.

Morning Fasting BS = 210

Breakfast = Ultra Smoothie

Lunch = BAS

Dinner = Omlete with avacado & tomatoes..

Exercise = I actually did some today... Did an Upper body kettle bell workout. Bout killed me. Have not had a chance to workout in three weeks because of the nasty cold I got and then busy as all hell at work. Was like starting all over again. Already got a serious case of the DOMS starting. Hate missing workouts more than once.
            Last edited by TorMag; 09-03-2012, 06:46 PM.

My Journal
            My Journal

Comment

• Day 9. Blood Sugar Solution

Holy Crap, holy crap, holy crap. I can't believe it. My blood sugars this morning were 115, yep 115. When I saw it, I had to do it again just to make sure it was not an error. Stuck a different finger on the other hand and still 115. Guess it might have been the kettlebell workout thrown in with everything else I am doing from the Blood Sugar Solution. I have not been this low without insulin for a long time. Oh yeah, I just celebrated my 1 year Primal birthday too.

Morning BS = 115

Breakfast = Ultra Smoothie. Really get to like the flavor of Flax seed..... I know...

Lunch = Pork Chop and BAS

Dinner = Beef Ribs and Sauteed Kale

Exercise = 20 minute Kettlebell Circuit.
              Last edited by TorMag; 09-04-2012, 07:42 PM.

My Journal
              My Journal

Comment

• You might just be THE MAN right about now. Really pleased for you my friend. Way to rock it.

Richard
                It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

• Day 10. Blood Sugar Solution

Morning BS was up a little from yesteday, 163, but that is way better than 265. I am pretty darn happy with that. Think part of it might be I ate late last night, round 9 pm. Got home from work, and fell asleep on the sofa for about 90 minutes. I have worked 28 days in a row now, and I am a little tired right now. Hopefully this weekend I can get some rest.

Morning Fasting BS = 163

Breakfast = Ultra Smoothie.

Exercise = 30 Minute Walk

My Journal
                  My Journal

Comment

• Day 11. Blood Sugar Solution

Morning BS = 150

Breakfast = Ultra Smoothie.

My Journal
                    My Journal

Comment

• Day 12. Blood Sugar Solution

Morning Fasting BS was 150 same as yesterday.... Long day, did not get any exercise done, but ate healthy. I'll take 150 any day over the 250+ I was getting 12 days ago. Still have 30 days to go on this thing, so it is really looking up.

Morning BS = 150

Breakfast = Scrambled eggs and bacon.

Dinner & Lunch = Hamburger patty and LAS. Had the same thing both times.....

Exercise = Upper Body Kettlebell Circut

Feeling really great today.
                      Last edited by TorMag; 09-07-2012, 06:09 PM.

My Journal
                      My Journal

Comment

• Day 13. Blood Sugar Solution

Not happy with myself last night. Got real hungry around midnight did a refridgerator raid and ended up eating a handful of grapes. My morning BS paid for it and was up to 171.....

Morning BS = 171

Breakfast = Ultra Smootie

Lunch = Hamburger Patty and LAS

Dinner = Chicken wings

Exercise = break job on car. Changed pads and rotors on front breaks.
                        Last edited by TorMag; 09-09-2012, 06:55 AM.

My Journal
                        My Journal

Comment

• TorMag I know this seems like a set back but what would a handful of grapes done to your BS 14 days ago. Even when you cheat a bit you still are under 200. I am following your post as I am type two as well. Looking forward to your success.

Comment

• Happy Primal Birthday!

It's interesting the role that workouts have in your blood sugar readings too. I think that's something that a lot of T2Ds neglect.

I'm following your progress with my Dad in mind. He saw Dr. Hyman's presentation on PBS and was impressed with it. Somehow PBS carries more weight of credibility with him than something I found on the internet.

Keep at it. We are rooting for you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pops9653 View Post
                              TorMag I know this seems like a set back but what would a handful of grapes done to your BS 14 days ago. Even when you cheat a bit you still are under 200. I am following your post as I am type two as well. Looking forward to your success.
                              Thanks for the support Pops, I really appreciate it. Wasn't too worried about the grapes. It has been really interesting the last 14 days really paying attention to how different things effect my blood sugar. It is an educational experience that I really needed to do a long time ago.

My Journal
                              My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
                                Happy Primal Birthday!

It's interesting the role that workouts have in your blood sugar readings too. I think that's something that a lot of T2Ds neglect.

I'm following your progress with my Dad in mind. He saw Dr. Hyman's presentation on PBS and was impressed with it. Somehow PBS carries more weight of credibility with him than something I found on the internet.

Keep at it. We are rooting for you.
                                Thanks Paleo Bird. BTW, just enjoyed a cup of Crio Bru. Loving it, going to have to order a bigger bag on Amazon. Stuff is not cheap. I have not seen the Dr. Hyman show on PPS, but I had searched my local PPS station and they are showing it again this Saturday (15th) at 3:30 AM. I am planning on setting the DVR to record it. I belive that the show is a National PPS broadcast, so it might be on for other people, adjust the time for your timezone. I'm EST.

My Journal
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X