TorMag’s Primal Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KimT View Post
    Awesome work and fantastic that your wife is willing to give the bells a swing! My husband and I started them together too and it's great. He did the RKC And WKC without me, then we both did IKFF and a couple other seminars. Keeps us bonded.

I'm just catching up here, started a new job and I'm kinda getting back in the groove after being a bum for 4 months (by choice involving a move cross country). Our trip to Thailand was great, I just look back and wish I would have been in better shape at the time. Didn't know about this "diet" stuff then. Still trying to figure it all out, but making progress. The kettlebell comps are fun, so if you ever want to challenge yourself in a different way, you should think about it. Obviously you're competitive, given the story, so you'd probably enjoy it. The meets are great with participants encouraging everyone. Totally different than anything I've done in the past and most of it is competing with yourself, lots of mental toughness.

Hope your wife enjoys starting the workouts and I'm sure your daughter would benefit too! Keep posting on the progress!
    Hey Kim, glad to hear you and your husband swing together (a very little kettlebell humor). I guess my wife and I are going to be able to use that now "Yeah we swing!!!!!!" Bad joke, sorry. I have thought about working towards my IFKK certification, defenitly going to try some competitions in the near future. There is a kettlebell gym here in Atlanta, if it was not so far away I would join. But I do know that they sponsor some competitions.

Take care.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Comment

Oh yeah, I should mention that I picked up a copy of Dr. Hyman's Blood Sugar Solution. Been reading it, looks like with very little modifications, his program can be Primal. I was very interested in all of advice on supplements for helping blood sugar. Also found his whole concept of Functional Medicine very interesting. Was able to locate several doctors here in Atlanta that have been to his seminars and practice functional medicine. So I am sure they will be more familiar with Paleo then my Quack.

My only concern with Dr. Hyman and his book, is that he does mention that he is friends with Dr. Oz......... Oh well can't be perfect, but his whole program for getting off meds is very close to Whole 30. Going to give it a try and will post here all about the six weeks..... No coffee is going to be hard for me, much harder than giving up sugar and wheat was......

My Journal
      My Journal

Comment

Hey, I hate to keep bothering you about this, but where could a dude find a viking conditioning workout without downloading something from a website that mysteriously takes over your computer and changes some stuff around...because that crap really did happen to me.
        I just want a workout routine for kettlebells.

I also want spell check to recognize kettlebells, I hate that red squiggly line.
        If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

I have that spell check problem too, but if you right-click the word, you can usually add it to the dictionary of your browser/add-on.
          Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
            Hey, I hate to keep bothering you about this, but where could a dude find a viking conditioning workout without downloading something from a website that mysteriously takes over your computer and changes some stuff around...because that crap really did happen to me.
            I just want a workout routine for kettlebells.

I also want spell check to recognize kettlebells, I hate that red squiggly line.
            Just so peeps don't think I am an a hole and ignored you, I replied off line.

My Journal
            My Journal

Comment

Ok, so my six week experiment starts on Monday, when I will be following the blood sugar solution. I will post my bloods sugars each morning. I have already kind of started. Cut the coffee out already. There is a thread going on over in the nutrition part regarding coffee helping depression. Well I came damn well testify that no coffee is making me depressed, therefore coffee is good for fighting depression. I have also already cut out all starches, no sweet potatoes. I also bought a ton of supplements that the good Doc has recommended as part of the problem. It now takes two glasses of water to get everything down in the morning. Picture coming soon of my pill box.

I also stopped by Walmart today and picked up my order of kettlebells that I got for my wife. I have the 10 pounder sitting on my desk right now as I type this. I have affectionately named it Baby Bell, all you ex telcom workers will get that joke......

My Journal
              My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                I have that spell check problem too, but if you right-click the word, you can usually add it to the dictionary of your browser/add-on.
                I use the spell checker that comes with Google Toolbar. Works great.

My Journal
                My Journal

Comment

What kind of supplements will you be taking, if I may ask?
                  Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                    What kind of supplements will you be taking, if I may ask?
                    Just happen to have it in a spreadsheet open on my desktop.

Basic
                    Multivitamin
                    Fish Oil 300/200 mg EPA/DHA
                    Vitamin D - D3 1000 - 2000 IU
                    Magnesium 200 mg
                    probiotic
                    alpha lipoic acid 300 - 600 mg
                    chromium polynicotinate 200 - 600 mcg
                    biotin 1 - 2 mg
                    cinnamom 125 - 250 mg
                    green tea catechins 25 - 50 mg
                    PGX 2.5 grams

Advance
                    acacia extract (heartwood) 180-360 mg
                    hops extract 180-360 mg
                    fenugreek seed extract 1000 mg 70% soluble fiber
                    gymnema leaf 100 mg
                    Bitter Melon 150 mg

My Journal
                    My Journal

Comment

Man thats alot of supps brother. If they are in pill form you must rattle when you walk around.

On the Viking conditioning model, how do you think its placed to be used with swings? I was thinking of throwing it in maybe once a week for fun.

Richard
                      It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

Originally posted by Richardmac View Post
                        Man thats alot of supps brother. If they are in pill form you must rattle when you walk around.

On the Viking conditioning model, how do you think its placed to be used with swings? I was thinking of throwing it in maybe once a week for fun.

Richard
                        Hey Richard, Yes you can do the Viking Conditioning with swings instead of snatches, that is what I did at first, and still do occasionally.

My Journal
                        My Journal

Comment

Thanks bud. Is it still 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off? Rep target?

Richard
                          It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

Thanks bud. Is it still 15 seconds on, 15 seconds off? Rep target?

Richard
                            Yes it is, remember too, you are going for speed, use a lighter bell than you normally would for swings, and really excellerate the downward movmement.

My Journal
                            My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by TorMag View Post
                              Yes it is, remember too, you are going for speed, use a lighter bell than you normally would for swings, and really excellerate the downward movmement.
                              Cool, im all over it. How do I know when to increase weight?

Richard

Comment

Cool, im all over it. How do I know when to increase weight?

Richard
                                With the Viking Warrior, you are supposed to work youself up 40 minutes of working out. With Snatches, you should be getting between 7-9 snatches per 15 seconds, When you can get that average for 40 minutes, then you can move up weights. I am not there yet..... I suppose you should see how many swings you can get in 15 seconds, to find out what your pace is....

My Journal
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X