TorMag’s Primal Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    Well you know what I'm going to say...Roll Tide. Why did I think you were an Auburn fan?? Anyway, the higher-ups have got Georgia and LSU in ATL; but here's my issue with that:LSU has said they're going to rely heavily on the pass because that's what their strength is, in regards to receivers vs. RBs. Does that work well in the West? Plus they got a first year starting QB. Bama won 2 natty's with 1st year starting QBs but they also had those 2 RBs in New York for the Heisman ceremony, amiright? In my humble opinion, LSU can't win the west with a new QB if they rely on the passing game first.
    Regardless of who wins the East (most likely Georgia) they'll get killed in ATL.
    And since I'm on a roll the Honey Badger is an awesome punt returner and ball hawk, he can make plays on the ball and strip or knock it loose...however, he will never be in the same league as Mo Claiborne as a man-on-man back, that fact was shown in NOLA last January.
    And 18% BF is not too aggressive, I don't think. You've just got to realize that the next 7ish won't be as easy to lose as the last 7ish. But if you can make it through that kettlebell workout below I think you can do.
    I was/am an Auburn fan, but you said the only way I was going to lose anymore weight was to sware allegence to Bamma.
    I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
    My Journal

Comment

Oh yeah, that's right. What about Auburn, yo? They've got to get the QB situation figured out. IMO (you know, since I'm a D1 head coach and all), they should have let Frazier play more last year. When he came in, it was a freaking wildcat guarantee, let the boy throw the ball!
      The defense was OK, but in the SEC you're LB's need to be bigger than the guys they had last year.
      Oh well, this is all pointless chit-chat for another 23 days 8 hours and 14 mins, amirite?
      If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Oh yeah, that's right. What about Auburn, yo? They've got to get the QB situation figured out. IMO (you know, since I'm a D1 head coach and all), they should have let Frazier play more last year. When he came in, it was a freaking wildcat guarantee, let the boy throw the ball!
        The defense was OK, but in the SEC you're LB's need to be bigger than the guys they had last year.
        Oh well, this is all pointless chit-chat for another 23 days 8 hours and 14 mins, amirite?
        You left off the seconds. I am going to be at the Auburn Cleamson game comming up real soon....

My Journal
        My Journal

Comment

So last night I was walking around the house without a shirt on, my 14 year old daughter looks at me and says "Daddy, I think I can see some abs" Not sure I should take that as a compliment or an insult!!!!!!!! She did hug me recently and tell me how proud she was of my weight loss.

My Journal
          My Journal

Comment

We wasted our time talking about what the Honey Badger will do this year at LSU, it seems he got kicked off the team. Drugs are bad, mmkay?

Comment

We wasted our time talking about what the Honey Badger will do this year at LSU, it seems he got kicked off the team. Drugs are bad, mmkay?
              Just saw that on Twitter a few minutes ago....

My Journal
              My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by TorMag View Post
                So last night I was walking around the house without a shirt on, my 14 year old daughter looks at me and says "Daddy, I think I can see some abs" Not sure I should take that as a compliment or an insult!!!!!!!! She did hug me recently and tell me how proud she was of my weight loss.
                Kids say the heart-meltingest darnedest things.

Comment

I am kind of excited, a big break thru today. My wife has agreed to do a 6 week trial with me.... She has been eating semi Paleo for the past year. I do all the cooking, so she has had to eat what I cook, but has been suplementing with going out to eat and getting snacks... She wants to feel better, and I think my losing 90+ lbs has finally inspired her. She even said she wanted to learn to use the kettle bells, so I just orederd a set from Walmart 10, 15 and 20 lb caste iron for $49. The little 10 pounder looks so cute...... (Did I really just type that)

It is all handle, no bell.

My Journal
                  My Journal

Comment

The little 10 pounder looks so cute...... (Did I really just type that)

Yes you did but I know what you mean I bought a 5, 10 , 15, and 20 lb for my wife and daughters.... The 5 lb one is as you say the cutes little thing also.
                    You are what you eat, so only eat the best!

Comment

Originally posted by gregpoole View Post
                      The little 10 pounder looks so cute...... (Did I really just type that)

Yes you did but I know what you mean I bought a 5, 10 , 15, and 20 lb for my wife and daughters.... The 5 lb one is as you say the cutes little thing also.
                      I am hoping to get my daughter into the act too, she is rail skinny, but she is a top soccer player and swinging the bells could really help her.

My Journal
                      My Journal

Comment

TorMag are you using any specific kettlebell routine or making your own up as you go?
                        You are what you eat, so only eat the best!

Comment

Originally posted by gregpoole View Post
                          TorMag are you using any specific kettlebell routine or making your own up as you go?
                          I am mixing things up. I use a little Pavel, with a Pinch of Viking Conditioning and a whole lot of Cotter thrown in. I workout 6 days a week. 3 days of "cardio" and three days of lifting heavy things. For my cardio days, I do Viking Conditioning, that is Tue, Thur and Saturday. On Mon, Wed and Friday, I lift heavy things. I do Cotter's upper or lower body Kettlebell rountines from his Extreme Kettlebell workouts, alternating workouts. So one week Mon and Friday will be upper body and Wed will be lower body, the next week will be two lower with one upper....

My Journal
                          My Journal

Comment

Hey Tor. Log looks great. Can you give us more info on Viking conditioning and Cotter?

Richard
                            It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

Comment

Awesome work and fantastic that your wife is willing to give the bells a swing! My husband and I started them together too and it's great. He did the RKC And WKC without me, then we both did IKFF and a couple other seminars. Keeps us bonded.

I'm just catching up here, started a new job and I'm kinda getting back in the groove after being a bum for 4 months (by choice involving a move cross country). Our trip to Thailand was great, I just look back and wish I would have been in better shape at the time. Didn't know about this "diet" stuff then. Still trying to figure it all out, but making progress. The kettlebell comps are fun, so if you ever want to challenge yourself in a different way, you should think about it. Obviously you're competitive, given the story, so you'd probably enjoy it. The meets are great with participants encouraging everyone. Totally different than anything I've done in the past and most of it is competing with yourself, lots of mental toughness.

Hope your wife enjoys starting the workouts and I'm sure your daughter would benefit too! Keep posting on the progress!

Comment

Originally posted by Richardmac View Post
                                Hey Tor. Log looks great. Can you give us more info on Viking conditioning and Cotter?

Richard
                                Steve Cotter is the man when it comes to Kettlebells. Just google him and all sorts of YouTube videos will come up. Here is an example of his Upper body kettlebell workout from his Extreme Kettlebells DVD.

1. Ten lying floor presses, bell in each hand.
                                2. Double Bell bent over rows five each side (yes gripping two bells in one hand)
                                3. Bottom up cleans 5 each side
                                4. Alternating millitary press 5 each side.
                                5. Seated one arm snatch 5 each side
                                6. Seated two bell cleans 5
                                7. Double bell swings 5
                                8. Lying extended pullover single bell 10 reps.

Rest 1 minute, rinse and repete. You do three sets of this. In the end, I am just covered in sweat..... It is a great workout.

The Viking Warrior workout comes from the Dragon Door people, one of those workouts that will make you a man or woman. Basiclly, it is all centered around the Snatch. You use a lighter bell than normal and you do HITT. You need a HITT timer (if you have any kind of smart phone you can download an HITT timer for free, or go with a gymboss) You do 15 seconds of snatching followed by 15 secs rest switch hands and do it again. The goal is to get up to 40 minutes of doing that with a pace of at least 7 - 9 snatches per 15 seconds. I am up to 25 minutes right now. That is my "Cardio" workout. Believe me, it qualifies as your Primal sprinting.

My Journal
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X