TorMag’s Primal Journey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TorMag View Post
    Between now and September you can become an expert in kettlebell swings. Just google kettlebell swings and Steve Cotter, Steve will have you ready in no time.....
    Holy crap Steve Cotter is a man, maybe even the man. The pistol squat into a jump onto a table, then one legged jump back down into a pistol again. Legs and abs of freaking steel.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Originally posted by Richardmac View Post
      Tim, after PM'ing you I found your log. Wow brother, you rock. I am trying to inspire some people I knwo to work out and get fit, and you and your kick ass attitude is the example I was looking for.

The VC challenge sounds crazy. Allow me to repeat myself....you rock.

Richard
      Richard, thanks a lot. I appreciate the praise. I lived a year in Argentina, when I was in high school, played rugby the year I was down there, had a blast with it, loved running around hitting people without any pads on, lots of respect for you there.

Also working with young people is another really cool thing you are doing. I wish to hell I had found Primal living when I was much younger, probably would have saved myself a lot of pain and medical bills. I hope you can motivate some of your young charges to live Primal.... I answer you back in your PM....

Tim
      I Kettlebell therefore I am.

My Journal
      My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
        Holy crap Steve Cotter is a man, maybe even the man. The pistol squat into a jump onto a table, then one legged jump back down into a pistol again. Legs and abs of freaking steel.
        Cotter is the man, I have been digesting everything he has on Kettlebells. If you get a chance, watch the Boys Are Back in Town, 7 hours of pure info. The section on breathing is great. I applied the breathing techniques to my cardio bike ride yesterday. Pushed the hardest I ever have and was not even remotely breathing hard at the end, yet I had gotten my heart rate up higher then ever....

Here is a clip and the link....

The Boys are Back in Town Workshop DVD | Mahler's Aggressive Strength

My Journal
        My Journal

Comment

Ok I'll call this "Tor's ramblings". So there is a thread over in the Nutrition section on Liver. If you have been reading this forum since I joined, you have probably read one of my liver posts. I can't stand the shit. The smell of the stuff cooking makes me throw up. My Mom, tried three times in my childhood to get the family to eat liver, see she loved liver in onions. The very first time she cooked it, I was in the third grade, I remember walking into the house, smelling the cooking liver and throwing up on the entry floor. I threw up again sitting at the dinner table when they (my parents) made me put a piece of the vile substance in my mouth. The second time, I was told I could not get up from the table until I ate the liver. At 1:00 AM, being a school night, my parents finally let me go to bed.... I Won!!!!! The third time, my mother enjoyed her liver alone.....

People, just because something is good for you, you don't have to eat it. Some people on this forum are crazy. I bet if Mark came out and said, "There is some great nutrition in dog crap, and evidence suggest that Grok ate it by the truck full" within days, we would see recipes in the Recipe section of the forum for dog crap....

Be your own person and do with this what YOU want. And if it involves eating liver or dog crap, go for it.

Tor Out.
          Last edited by TorMag; 07-22-2012, 05:46 PM.

My Journal
          My Journal

Comment

I have been greasing the grove this weekend and it works. So for me right now, my 24 kg kettlebell has been my enemy. It sits in the corner of my gym and laughs at me every time I walk through the gym (basement) on the way to my office. I can sometimes hear it whispering "pussy", sorry ladies it’s not me saying that but the kettlebell. The real reason I did not participate in the 10,000 swings, that's right, I am a @ussy. Ok, I did have to go on a trip, but that was an excuse not pick up that bastard and swing the shit out of it....

So after watching "The Boys Are Back in Town" see above post, I set the bastard out in the middle of the path from the stairs to my office on Thursday night. I proceeded to try and clean the bastard, no towels involved. So I stood over him, pointed him 45 degrees to the opposite foot like my hero Steve Cotter told me to, gripped the bastard like he said, index finger over thumb , sucked in a mighty breath swung the bell back between my legs, letting out my breath and then forward..... But instead of the bastard going up into a racked position, I found myself flying across the room and there was that laughing again followed by a thinly whispered "pussy".

I left the room.

But the next time through, guess what? I racked that bastard, and then I racked him again, and then I swung him back through my legs switched hands and racked him twice on the other side. Every time I walked through the room, rack him twice right, rack him twice left. Got easier and easier. Then a crazy idea got in my head, "hey maybe I could jerk this bastard" get your mind out of the gutter, talking about exercise equipment.... To jerk him, all Steve said I had to do was "jump down" while pushing up, no problem. So I racked the bastard, jumped down while pushing up and what do you know that bastard was over my head in a locked out position. So I jerked him a couple more times and then switched hands and jerked him some more. Seriously you need to stop thinking like that.....

So rest of the weekend, every time I walked through there I jerked him some more. Now the story gets really good because it involves some snatch. Please think kettlebells..... So tonight I thought, the bastard and I are going to take our relationship to a new level. So I walked into the gym, got him back into proper position, went through everything in my head that Master Steve said about proper snatching, reached down, wrapped my hand around his neck, launched him backwards and then up, bam, a snatch. So I did it again and again, ten times total, and then I switched to my left, with some fear, and did it ten more times as a lefty.

By greasing the grove all weekend long, I was able to tame the bastard, but I swear as I set here at my desk, in a whispered voice coming from the other room, I can hear “Wait till 32 Kg gets here Pussy”.

My Journal
            My Journal

Comment

Racking, and jerking, and snatch...
              Yep, exercise is ALL I'm thinking about.
              Pussy.

You have no idea how much I love your avatar. LOL
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                Racking, and jerking, and snatch...
                Yep, exercise is ALL I'm thinking about.
                Pussy.

You have no idea how much I love your avatar. LOL
                Thanks for stopping by.... Grizzly Adams rocks. Was my favorite show as a young lad.... My coworkers used a picture of him as a joke on our internal web site for me, when I told them about being Primal.... I thought cool!!!!! I was flattered.

My Journal
                My Journal

Comment

I must have the same breed of 25kg bell.... It's been whispering away in the shed as well... This last couple of weeks I have filled my ears with cotton wool and blocked the taunts grabbed the big girl and swung the shit out of it. 300 plus swings a workout in various sets right down to barely hanging on. looking fwd to learning to snatch the big Betty...

Thanks for the link to the dvd i Just pressed the button for the boys are back in town, and time to go and buy a couple more bells.... Thinking the 32 kg. ma ha ha haaaa
                  "Times fun when you are having Flies" Kermit the frog

Comment

Originally posted by fat belly frog View Post
                    I must have the same breed of 25kg bell.... It's been whispering away in the shed as well... This last couple of weeks I have filled my ears with cotton wool and blocked the taunts grabbed the big girl and swung the shit out of it. 300 plus swings a workout in various sets right down to barely hanging on. looking fwd to learning to snatch the big Betty...

Thanks for the link to the dvd i Just pressed the button for the boys are back in town, and time to go and buy a couple more bells.... Thinking the 32 kg. ma ha ha haaaa
                    Hey my brother from down under, how's it hanging. Glad to hear you bought The Boys are Back in Town. You will not regret the purchase.... Strange, I've been thinking all evening about Big Betty too, 32 kg of beautiful black iron... All round and.... never mind....

My Journal
                    My Journal

Comment

I am pretty damn excited. My last weight goal was to be at 275 lbs by Aug 6th. I weigh, once a week, on Monday mornings. Today's weigh in put me at 280.5. I have 14 days to drop 5.5 lbs. Anybody got any suggestions to help steam roll that goal. After I hit 275, my goals switch from a specific weight to body fat %. My next goal will to get below 15% body fat.

My Journal
                      My Journal

Comment

Good job on the weight loss. I don't know how to help you on the weight loss goal, I've been eating the bad foods for a week or so now and the weight has started creeping back on. When I ate clean it came off pretty steadily.
                        What size kettlebells do I need to start with? I've got a 25kg, 15kg, and a 10kg. Do I just need to bite the bullet and get another 25kg or ease into it with another 15kg?
                        If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

You are inspiring me to be less of a lazy ass about my kettlebell. I am a slim gal and have never had much muscle definition. I have a 15lb kettlebell and don't have the upper-body strength to do much with it, though I think it's a good weight for me to start with. I should watch some of those videos and just do it. All I know how to do is a regular old swing.
                          Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
                            Good job on the weight loss. I don't know how to help you on the weight loss goal, I've been eating the bad foods for a week or so now and the weight has started creeping back on. When I ate clean it came off pretty steadily.
                            What size kettlebells do I need to start with? I've got a 25kg, 15kg, and a 10kg. Do I just need to bite the bullet and get another 25kg or ease into it with another 15kg?
                            I don't have any matching pairs. I keep thinking I need to get a second 15 kg, but now that I can snatch the 25 kg, probably going to get a second 25 kg instead. I am heading to the beach in a couple of weeks for vacation, planning on borrowing a buddy's 15 kg and try a bunch of two bell stuff while I am there. If I were you, I would buy another 15 kg for now, and then when you are ready go up... You could always sell the 15 kg on Craig's list when you are ready to move up... Kettlebell's pretty much go for retail on Craigs lists..

My Journal
                            My Journal

Comment

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
                              You are inspiring me to be less of a lazy ass about my kettlebell. I am a slim gal and have never had much muscle definition. I have a 15lb kettlebell and don't have the upper-body strength to do much with it, though I think it's a good weight for me to start with. I should watch some of those videos and just do it. All I know how to do is a regular old swing.
                              Thanks...... I would say the 15 is fine for you right now. I have been watching a lot of video's lately on kettlebells, and the one thing they keep saying "Use the bell that is right for you." The bell where you can complete X number of reps.... Just google Steve Cotter and watch all of his videos on YouTube

My Journal
                              My Journal

Comment

So today I thought I would do something a little different. Instead of doing my scheduled Upper body workout. I decided to try one of Steve Cotter's Kettlebell Circuit workouts. In his Extreme Kettlebell dvd's he has a 20 minute circuit where you never set the bell down, in between sets, you are moving the bell around your front and back. Did it with the 15 kg bell, breathing and sweating real hard and then at the very end, Steve is like, "Ok, 5 Turkish Getups each side", I was like "F' off Steve and walked away". Ok kidding about that part, but damn, couldn't he had put those at the start, not when you are all sweaty and tired. Oh yeah, I did drop the bell once when passing it around the back.

My Journal
                                My Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X