Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NicMcCool View Post
    Stalkers! All of you!

Dude, you better be fast 'cause if I catch you ... let's just say I hope you can hop on one leg for the rest of your life.
    I'm a disabled chick... don't hit too hard.
    And if you are going to take one, might I suggest the RIGHT leg... it's the more useless of the two.

And now I'm also going to yell 12!

Maybe I should have a cab/taxi on standby.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
      And now I'm also going to yell 12!

I volunteer to drive! After all those pub nights I had at the Irish Pub in Frankfurt, I think it is about time I see the real McCoy, and you would be superb company!

Just as a thought, Cori - how fast do you think a dude that big would actually be able to run??
      I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

I am entertained! I am, however only clever and witty on occasion, so I'll just be lurking.
        Lurk, lurk, lurk.
        You don't have to be sick to get better.
        Female, 31 years old, 5'8"
        Primal start: 1/2/2012
        My Primal Journal
        Living, loving and learning.

Comment

ah! the whole dare and run game!

i'm helpless in the face of it

i'd join in and giggle like a fiend

the square root of 144 is?
          beautiful
          yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
          lol

Comment

Lurking with Kakes in the back....

Comment

Since it looks like I have a few stalkers, I figured I’d let you know a bit more about me.

1) I’m AMERICAN.

Whoa. I know. I probs should have warned you and had you sit down or something first. It’s not like all the “dudes” gave me away or anything. I grew up in Georgia, graduated from OSU, and lived in Bath, England for awhile. While I did often travel to Dublin (that one) while living abroad, I actually reside in Dublin (a different one) currently. So if you’ve been reading my posts with an accent (again, that’d be quite awkward with all the dudes), I’m sorry. In reality I sound more like Patrick Warburton than Colin Farrell.

2) I do actually say “dude” all the time.

Dude, dudestack, dudebro, dudette, etc. Most people pause or say “um”, I constantly sound like a stoned surfer from Cali. It wasn’t on purpose. Honest. I just watched WAY too much TMNT growing up.

3) I am not a fictitious character.

I really don’t know shit about nutrition, I’ve had a dude for that for years. I really did stink for awhile, and I really think my heart is going to explode out my stomach Aliens style (note: “Aliens” not “Alien”, that first movie was garbage) from the supplements I’m on. I’ve also cut 45 pounds in the last four months and hated every second of it.

4) McCool is not my real name. Obviously.

I wish it was though. It’s f’ing awesome. Though the stories, my friends, and my family are all real, I do prefer to keep a bit of anonymity, dude. If you do happen upon my gym, that’s awesome. I promise not to hurt you. Okay, I promise I’ll TRY not to hurt you, but I won’t be posting the name on these here intrawebs (It’s not Muscles By McCool, btdubs).

5) I’m hungry.

Like, all the time. Like ravenous. Like I’m currently pulling the plastic wrap from this morning‘s bacon out of the garbage and chewing on it. Like I made burgers for the crew last night; 12 standard sized 8 oz patties for them and one 22 oz for me. Shaped like a skull. Because I DESERVE skull shaped dead cow, dude. I DESERVE IT.
              I've got of one them journal thingies. One Night At McCool's

Comment

Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                Vehicles won't help. I've flipped plenty (3) in my lifetime.

Originally posted by Crabbcakes View Post
                Just as a thought, Cori - how fast do you think a dude that big would actually be able to run??
                I'm still pretty quick. College I had a 4.8 40. I'm probably faster now that I'm older and more awesome. So I'd say like a cheetah. On meth. With jetpacks.

Originally posted by Kakes View Post
                I am entertained! I am, however only clever and witty on occasion, so I'll just be lurking.
                Lurk, lurk, lurk.
                Funny because I've been lurking on your journal for awhile, dude.

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                the square root of 144 is?
                I combined January and February into one month, Manuary, so there'd only be 11 months in the year.

Manuary, the 60 days in the year I'm allowed to wear only a loincloth, grow an even beard-ier beard, and roast whole pigs over firepits in our driveway.

Comment

Since it looks like I have a few stalkers, I figured I’d let you know a bit more about me.

1) I’m AMERICAN.
                  damn it all why didn't i make a bet about this! i would have won money!

dudebro with no european spelling of words
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

Comment

Assuming that big dudes are slow is a good way to get your ass kicked in a sparring match in my experience.

Also, I sort of figured that you were likely an American living in Dublin.

And you and my partner should get together and play "lift the motorvehicle". He thought it was really fun to deadlift autorickshaws in India.
                    If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Ohh. My state just got less wussy. Hooray.

Too bad I'm up here in the 216 or I would go to your gym.

_-J o u r n a l_--------- ---- ---- --- --- -- -- -

Comment

This is some funny shit dude.... coming from a former Cali stoner.... dude. Right near a town called Dublin in fact.
                        Last edited by aloerob; 06-28-2012, 08:56 AM.
                        9/13/12 6'2" 278lbs

Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread65781.html

"Temptation chronicles the story of my life"

Comment

Today is my client's birthday.

I'm proud to have established a system that celebrates birthdays in this gym. We should all be proud of our age, dude. We should wear that number like a tribal marking (y'know, back when tribal was cool) exclaiming to everyone, "I may look and act a fuck like a 22 year old, but I'm actually 45!".

Birthdays should give us allowance to walk up to every slob on the street bemoaning their age and shove a veined bicep into their grill. No matter where you work or what you do, your birthday means you can go into your office sleeveless and pumped, or rocking that pink speed-o you leave under the bed for special occasions.

There’s a reason they call it a birthday suit, dudestack.

Here we use birthdays as a marker of progress. Each year when a client hits their special day they perform the “Happy Birthday Fuck You” workout (or HBFY). This is not something you look forward to. This isn’t the “let’s relax and do some curls” workout. This is a rite of passage. A string you up by your man hairs and sway in the breeze type workout. Something where A) You WILL hate me. And B) You WILL cry.

HBFY
                          Take the year you were born, in my client’s case 1972.
                          You have 1 Hour to complete 1972 reps of your choosing.
                          Rules: You have to use a barbell. No shrugs.
                          That’s it.

Yes, there is a reward (and a penalty), but I’ll get to that in a second. First you’re probably wondering how does one go about completing such a workout. Well, dude, you don’t. That’s the point. In all my years of training I’ve had a handful of people finish the workout in time. Getting to your birth year is not necessarily the point. Beating your previous score is.

For example, my client today started by doing squats. She did sets of 20 until her legs were dead, ending with a total of 8 sets. That’s 160 reps. Then she moved over to bench and did the same. This time 10 sets. That’s a total of 360. She then went to cleans, push press, lunges, curls, skullcrushers, and finally tried to beat the clock with calf raises. Her total at the end: 1680. Her total last year: 1252.

The penalty is my choice. Normally I take the month and day they were born (for example 6/28) and make them do 6 sets of 28 bodyweight squats. If she would have gotten all her reps in the reward is either an all expense paid dinner with me (fan favorite, of course) or one month free training.

So there you have it. We don’t celebrate with cake, dude, we celebrate with sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                            dudebro with no european spelling of words
                            It'd be "deudebro".

Originally posted by Owly View Post
                            And you and my partner should get together and play "lift the motorvehicle". He thought it was really fun to deadlift autorickshaws in India.
                            We do have an old Chevette sitting here that hasn't run in 3 years. I'm tempted to have a flipping party.

Originally posted by Gravyboat View Post
                            Ohh. My state just got less wussy. Hooray.

Too bad I'm up here in the 216 or I would go to your gym.
                            The commute wouldn't be that bad... 2 hours one-way, 3 days a week.

Originally posted by aloerob View Post
                            This is some funny shit dude.... coming from a former Cali stoner.... dude. Right near a town called Dublin in fact.
                            Dude!

Comment

We do have an old Chevette sitting here that hasn't run in 3 years. I'm tempted to have a flipping party.
                              Aw, I have a soft spot for old Chevettes. Mine faithfully saw me through four years of university and crossed the Great Divide about six times despite being about 20 years old at that point. Old Louie didn't even have a radio. Give 'er a good flip for me.

Also, around these parts, elderly Chevettes tend to spend their final months as ice racers.
                              If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive. --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Comment

Since it looks like I have a few stalkers, I figured Id let you know a bit more about me.

1) Im AMERICAN.
                                Still ok. I can STILL go to Dublin and see Gaelic Storm - always wanted to do that. I'll get three tickets, pack in the adult all-terrain chair, go get Cori, and Cori can sit comfortably and yell "12!" every so often (if the concert lags anywhere) whilst I get my Grok exercise Pushing A Heavy Thing through the crowd, as you get your Grok on Tossing Heavy People in an attempt to get at us...

Patrick Murphy is a dude with a sense of humor - betcha we get a song written 'bout us if we do that. Hell, he might actually invite us all out drinking - I hear he does that. Sigh.
                                I have a mantra that I have spouted for years... "If I eat right, I feel right. If I feel right, I exercise right. If I exercise right, I think right. If I think right, I eat right..." Phil-SC

Comment

Working...
                                X