A Primal Pregnancy!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Primal Pregnancy!

Hi! This is where I will be posting my ups and unders of a primal(ish) pregnancy. This is my second, so I'm trying not to set myself up for failure knowing morning sickness is a beast! There will be ice cream at some point! I was officially 4 weeks along as of yesterday. My husband, son, and I have been primal for 2-1/2 months so far. We tried twice (two days) for this baby before we decided we wanted to wait 6 more months...but our bodies had different ideas and this baby is meant to be!

So far, I have slight sickness in the morning, but it immediately passes after I get out of bed. I have a little pressure in my lower abdomen and it hurts, slightly, on my left side if I try to suck in my stomach. My boobs are already huge! I'm tired in the afternoons. I crave FAT! I've been eating cheese (grilled on the stove), bacon, meat, some veggies, and fruit. I'm still having a coffee in the morning, but feeling a little guilty about it. Anyone else drink coffee through their pregnancy?

That's it for now!
    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

SW: 212.4 lbs. February 14, 2013 (My second baby was born)
    CW:166.4 lbs.
    GW: 143 lbs.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Congratulations

Comment

Congratulations! I hope you will have a smooth-as-can-be pregnancy and a healthy baby.

Comment

Thank you, both!
        I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Get back to 80-90% Primal and back down to my lowest recent weight of 158 lbs. while doing as much moving and strength training as I can get in.

Comment

Today, I sneezed and felt some round ligament pain on my left side. Feeling really good today and have more energy than I've had the past few days! Hubby and I will be dropping off our son at a friend's house tonight so we can go to a seminar at the birth center I will hopefully be delivering at. I'm very excited about tonight! My first delivery was in the hospital, but I have heard so many good things about having a midwife and particularly about attending this birth center!

I was curious about my weight today and it was 163.6 lbs. I'm curious, also, to see what primal will do regarding my weight gain while pregnant. I'll be checking weekly on Thursdays. Will I gain 30 lbs. like my last pregnancy? Will I gain 20 lbs. as I am already 10 lbs. above my pre-pregnancy weight with my first baby? Will this baby eat all my fat stores and leave me gaining even less? I'm so interested in what will happen! Does anyone have any primal pregnancy experiences where they gained more or less than they expected?
          Last edited by PrimalJes; 06-21-2012, 10:23 AM.
          I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Comment

I just found out i am 4 week pregnant too! Crazy.... This will be my 2nd baby but first primal. We struggled through 2 years of trying to conceive and 5 months of hormones. This therapy made me gain some weight so I'm hoping that I will not gain as much during this pregnancy.

I havnt had any morning sickness yet or breast growth, although that didn't happen till the very end for me last time. My hormones are RAGING though. I have definitely been having menstration-like symptoms: cramping, bloating, super moody, and really tired. I already indulged in some ice cream, I got a little excited so time to rein it in. I will be increasing carbs though, I was pretty low for awhile.

Coffee...love my life! I have been mixing 1/2 reg and 1/2 decaf so I can have 2 cups. I usually have some decaf in the afternoon too- I love it Sooo much!

Comment

Congratulations! I'm experiencing some similar stuff (round ligament pain when I sneeze or move suddenly or cough or laugh hard), and morning sickness that passes around the time I'm ready for breakfast. There's a little nausea throughout the day, but so far, so good. There was some heavy-duty barfing last week. I'm hoping that's all I'll have to deal with!

I'm also curious about the weight gain. So far I seem to be holding steady.

I got myself switched to half-caff about six months back. I have 12 oz in the morning and that's it. If I need more coffee during the day, I drink decaf.

Good luck, and here's to a safe and primal pregnancy!
              Steph
              My Primal Meanderings

Comment

primalMontana, Congrats to you! I think I was replying to your thread as you were replying to mine, haha! Glad to hear another mama not letting go of her coffee!

onalark, Congrats to you, too! How far along are you? Heavy-duty barfing? I'm sorry! I hope to dodge that one, myself :/ With my first, I had 2-1/2 half weeks of nausea, but no barfing. But, every pregnancy's different, right? I've read nausea is a sign of a healthy pregnancy...
                I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Comment

Originally posted by PrimalJes View Post
                  onalark, Congrats to you, too! How far along are you? Heavy-duty barfing? I'm sorry! I hope to dodge that one, myself :/ With my first, I had 2-1/2 half weeks of nausea, but no barfing. But, every pregnancy's different, right? I've read nausea is a sign of a healthy pregnancy...
                  8 weeks tomorrow.

I've read that. I've also read it's bullshit. Heh. It's all just a matter of how gracefully your body handles the flood of hormones. I say -- don't borrow grief if you don't need it, and if you get through without puking, huzzah!
                  Steph
                  My Primal Meanderings

Comment

onalark, happy 8 weeks! I'll definitely update everyone on my puke status
                    I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Comment

Today, I took my son and his little friend to the water park (It's a fountain and a wading pool that they can play in downtown). It was super-fun and this is the 4th Friday we've gone. We spend a solid 2 hours there every time. The kids get to play with the water and each other. It's really lovely to meet friends there and to spend some time in the sun!

I'm barely feeling pregnant today. My bloating has gone down. My boobs are still very full. I have to wake up in the middle of the night to pee. I have good energy today, though. My appetite is not crazy, yet. I've been craving ice cream at night, but I haven't indulged, yet. I'm thinking if I can save it up and have one on the weekend, I can feel good about staying primal and just having that one splurge each weekend. Ok. I've also been craving a turkey hoagie these last 2 days. With mayo. And bacon. I suppose I can indulge in that without the bread? Maybe just everything over salad? I don't know if it will do the trick, but I'll try!

The seminar at the birth center was really informative and great last night. We arrived 15 min late because of traffic, but I don't think we missed too much. The speaker/midwife we had was pleasant, confident, cute, and funny. We had a tour of the building and my husband's mind was put at ease over the whole "not-giving-birth-in-the-hospital" thing. Our 2-1/2 year old stayed at our friend's house with them and their 3 year old son, and they all had a blast.

My son is in my lap watching a movie. It's "nap" time. I can't believe I'm really going to have another one of these cuties soon!
                      I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Comment

Btw, this is the part of the pregnancy that really stinks! You go from "Yeah, I'm pregnant!" to "OMG, What if I lose the baby?/What if I lost the baby?/Does that cramp mean I just lost the baby?...yeah, I'm there, but trying to remain positive and know that I'm eating very healthful and my body is fully capable of doing this!
                        I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Comment

Btw, this is the part of the pregnancy that really stinks! You go from "Yeah, I'm pregnant!" to "OMG, What if I lose the baby?/What if I lost the baby?/Does that cramp mean I just lost the baby?...yeah, I'm there, but trying to remain positive and know that I'm eating very healthful and my body is fully capable of doing this!
                          Yup yup yup. My nausea's subsided significantly, and so has the ligament pain, so I'm going through the day thinking, "I don't feel pregnant. Oh jeez, WHY DON'T I FEEL PREGNANT?"

Then I tell myself to chill out. :P Cuz my boobs still hurt and I still have to pee at night and I am still effing exhausted by 6 PM.

Ultrasound in 6 days! Then we get to find out if I should have been worrying!
                          Steph
                          My Primal Meanderings

Comment

I am making myself crazy thinking this way. My sister went through the same treatment I am going through and lost at least two that I know of. I think she stopped telling people after the 2nd one. I can not bring myself to tell many people yet b/c I am so worried. I have told a few close friends, my mom is visiting right now and I still havnt told her!

I cannot believe how pregnant I feel already! Seriously, my belly looks like it did at 3 mo. Last time!! I hope my bloating goes down too. It is so comforting to here you all are experiencing th round ligament pain too. I actually didn't know what it was until I read your post so thank you!

Comment

Blah. I am crazy tired! I take care of my son and two other kids during the week, and they don't all nap each day! I want to nap! I miss my nap!

I've also fallen off the primal diet a bit. Ice cream on Sat. Ice cream on Sun. Cookies today. I am recommitting myself as of this minute! All other foods have been primal besides these planned and unplanned cheats. No more cheats during the week! I didn't overeat any of these things-they were all a single-serving, so it could have been a lot worse. I will just keep on keeping on as Primal makes me feel so good and healthy. I know that is really what I want!

I've been peeing so much lately. It's kinda ridiculous! I was bloated over the weekend, but now I'm not so much. Sore boobs. And feelings of anxiety (slight). I'm just very...pregnant.

Onalark, good luck with your ultrasound!

PrimalMontana, I can't believe you hung out with your mom and didn't tell her! That would have drove me crazy!
                              Last edited by PrimalJes; 06-25-2012, 01:21 PM.
                              I'm a 5'-6" tall female.

Just keep going.

New goal:

Comment

Working...
                              X