No announcement yet.

Primal Journal :::Leslie:::

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I never thought I'd like liver. Never, ever, ever. Now I find myself craving it occasionally. They say you have to try something 9 times to like it. I don't know how true that is, but it's worth considering.

VERY cool site! I'm all about it.

Comment

That is a cool site. Going to bookmark it and share it! Great find!

You know it is funny...when I took home ec in high school (oh so many years ago), one of the recipes we had to write and make was liver and onions. I made it and I still have the recipe, but I didn't eat it back then. I'm not sure what my problem is, but whatever it is, it is fairly strong right now. I keep telling myself to stick to what I am doing so far (maintaining at least 80% primal, clean eating), continue to perfect my growing exercise ethic and that all the other stuff (like offal, animal fat, etc. will fall into place).

Comment

yum i am so glad i have adored chicken livers since childhood...fry them things up in some butter...drrooooooooollllll

Get on my Level
        http://malpaz.wordpress.com/

Comment

I disobeyed the primal gods and they punished me with a head cold (I'll spare you the gruesome details...let's just say Cold Stone Creamery was involved). I've been proud to stay healthy all winter when those around me were falling my the wayside, but this was a good reminder that I'm still a mortal.

To reward my body for all the punishment I've put it through as of late, I'm going back to the fundamentals (meat, fat, eggs), and limiting the foods that don't fit in these categories. ("Hi, my name is Leslie, and I'm a fruit addict"). Man, that strawberry cheesecake signature creation was good. Ok, moving on...

There's been buzz about April challenges around here. I'm thinking about doing a "no-alcohol April" myself. If you know anything about me and my dear friend Mr. Mark (first name: Maker's), you'll know this is a big deal for me. I still have a few days to decide, but I'm leaning towards "yes."

Today I chose to come home and play around outside in my Vibrams instead of going to the bar with friends. What's happened to me?

Comment

I'm craving bread like mad these days. I had some serious French toast fantasies this morning. I envy the primal folk (men, usually, it seems) who can transition to the point of having no cravings for the neolithic foods. I think they will always be there taunting me, driving me to ask if wheat/gluten is really all that bad. (Yes, yes it is.)

Broke out the grill for the first time this year. Big 'ole turkey leg, mushrooms, and onions. I love the blackened parts. Mmmm. Why must I love so many things that are not good for me?

Comment

Glad to know it isn't just me who has cravings! Now, to get stronger like you and pass on them...that is the real trick! You do good!

Comment

I just finished off a 21-hour fast (does that count as an ifast?) with a grilled steak and egg, mushrooms and onions sauteed in butter. Plus a few blackberries and pieces of dark chocolate. It felt good, but now I'm sleeepy. Does ifasting + gorging (about 900 calories worth, this time) make anyone else tired?

Comment

I've only skipped meals, not any real (what I think of) IF. I did do an accidental one and went nearly 24 hours and was starving after but I don't recall being tired...probably because I ate fairly late and hate going to bed on a full stomach. I'd say 21 hours counts as IF I actually crave mushrooms and onions cooked in butter. I could eat that every single day.

Comment

Working...
                  X