No announcement yet.

Journal Attempt #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know, but I still did not finish Storm of Zehir, KOTOR 2, and a couple of older games, Cult and Arcanum. I used to be put off by graphics on the last one, but perhaps I got over it in the last decade. My laptop was bought for NWN2, so I doubt it will even run DA. Gods, I feel so old, seeing how BG2 went into anniversary special edition and all that. It seems like yesterday I was casing the store for it to arrive....

Anyways, epic presents packing. I suck at packing presents, and the first visit to the basement since the breakage... to get all the paraphernalia. Exhausting business, lol!!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Oookay, now I remember the frustration with Obsidian. KOTOR 2 isnatlled on the machine but crashed after into movie. Found (of course) a 2-page instruction from the fan community how to make it work on W7 and decided to take the easy way out. That's to play it on our XP dinosaur! Hubby kept it for a reason, lol. Seeing that problems surfaced c 2010, with Vista, how come Obsidian did not patch? (Shakes her head). Now, need hubby's help to uninstall, because there is no handy uninstall button on the game menu either!

Anyway, had a chat with hubby, agreed that it's only few years till our child will start asking for a console, and yes, we shall cast aside our "PC-gamer" identity then and purchase one.

Anyway, adopted Gilad workout to one-legged version (most of it), did push-ups. Woke up sooo tired today + my wrists, knees, shoulders and left foot arch starting to feel pressure of the overuse. I think I will try to take a rest day today. It is cold, but I am considering trying the porch/driveway for a few minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
        Anyway, had a chat with hubby, agreed that it's only few years till our child will start asking for a console, and yes, we shall cast aside our "PC-gamer" identity then and purchase one.
        Nah, do both. That said, I can't afford a console and a top of the line gaming PC so focus more on the console with the computer for less hardware heavy games.

Comment

• Yeah, that's the plan. Setting up a PC to run PC games is becoming prohibitive. Luckily Dino-XP runs KOTOR 2, I might even finish it this time round. My save I loaded was dated Feb 2010.

Getting more Kickboxing workouts from the library. Confused hubby: Do you want me to delay them? Took a few minutes to explain why I want 'em. Heh. Finished first week of push-ups, but I think I got a wrong schedule? Anyway, let's try it again:

10-12-7-7 >9
          10-12-8-8 >12
          11-15-9-9 >13

EDIT: Oh, I was using the 10 week not 6 week program. For the one I was using, I will have to do

12-10-8-8
          13-11-10-8
          14-12-10-9

Not sure which to chose.
          Last edited by Leida; 12-30-2013, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Not sure which to chose.
            I'm curious how successful you think this will be. I've looked at the 100 push up deal before and it doesn't seem realistic. 20 push ups (or whatever) to 100 in 6 weeks...yeah, don't see it happening. That said, I would be damned impressed to hear you knocked out 100 pushups. That would be some beast sh*t right there.

Comment

• I am doing off the knees tricep push-ups with full ROM, good old fashioned nose-touch-floor. I am also trying to implement Old School's suggestion of tightening the muscles as I am doing it, but so far I just don't have that sort of mental control.

I think that 10 week program is more realistic, though i doubt I can build up to 100. But I wanted to learn tricep, wrist and finger-tip push-ups, so yeah, here is my chance, lol. Last time I did the 6-week version (2 or 3 years back) I got to about 25 normal push-ups and figured I am good with that. It is not in 6 weeks, actually. If you stall you repeat the 'week', so slow downs are not a big deal.

Ah, well, hope the kickboxing DVDs will be fun.

Comment

If you stall you repeat the 'week', so slow downs are not a big deal.
                Ah, you apparently have the patience I lack. How is your toe doing?

Comment

• Still broken Developing an impressionistic bruise pattern with an interesting dark line through the base of the toes, presume along the fracture. X-rays next Sunday. Fingers crossed they will allow me to put at least some weight on the foot after that.

Comment

• Funny, I came from work yesterday very tired. I guess sitting for a few hours with a leg down plus crutching around the office was exhausting (insert eye-roll). So, in the moment of weakness, I agreed for my hubby to get a take-out for supper. He got a bbq duck, chicken and pork combo from a Chinese joint. What I wanna say, I was hungry, and it tasted well enough, but I could taste excessive soy and sugar and stuff. I don't even want more of it today. It's not a guilt-trip or anything, it's just not tempting, the falvors of meat are too contaminated somehow. I honestly regreted not toughing it out and making a meatzza. Oh, well.

Push-ups today and tree trimming. The weather is nice, so I am hopping to go for a bit of a walk outside.

Comment

• Missed my push-ups yesterday, slept-in, went shopping then spent a lot of time to see the doctor in the centre. They were really busy because most docs are away so the emergency centre gets all the traffic. Anyway, got a green light to start putting weight on the foot, but still hurts a lot. This doc said it is actually 2 breaks, not one. Still, a HUGE relief to put the foot down.

On Sat tried Kathy Smith Aeroboxing DVD, not bad, actually a decent teaching video with a boxer teaching the drills. Gotta actually check it out after the cast is off to work on my technique.

At work today and doing absolutely nothing, office empty.

EDIT: gotta put in my 14-12-10-9 push-ups today.

Oh, and making progress on the KOTOR II Very good game, lots of dialogue. A story is typical Obsidian with the memory loss (can they EVER forget PST?) but at least I don't feel like stripping any of the characters down and putting them upfront to suffer. Yet. Kreia is almost there, but she is more of a love to hate char, then Shandra-quality nag. It's good that I have played KOTOR I a few years back, otherwise I would have had stronger issues with the liberties that the authors took with my Revan. And, yes, undying gratitude to the modders of course, because I am sure the game would not have been as smooth and full of content without the Restoration project.

And, my kiddo tries to play it too now. Heh. Good thing it's VERY PG13.
                      Last edited by Leida; 12-30-2013, 08:45 AM.

Comment

• I have just walked WITHOUT the crutches!!! I felt really ill yesterday night after work, but this morning, my foot started to feel just fine, and I could bear all my weight on it! I need to hold myself back not to over-work it, but, my oh my I am sooooo HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did push-ups yesterday, so my next sets are:

14-13-12-10
                        16-14-14-12
                        18-18-16-14

from: Pushups training program week 3 and 4 | 100 pushups training

Comment

• I am walking pretty good with the cast, but foot still feels very awkward and weak/painful without. Had another dump of snow today, growing colder. Barely got to the office this morning & just got a call from hubby he got home safely after dropping me off. There is no way I am letting mom take the bus home across the mountains! Highways are already closed due to the avalanche danger. The good flight is on Thursday, and i am very tempted to put her on it, but I still can't be sure that I can drive. Come on, I really can't dawdle with the recovery.

Push-ups are becoming challenging! Did the set #1, and intending a long wandering around the +15s today.

Yesterday was out 15th anniversary, so we went to see Thor in the last movie theater that still had it (the bonus being that it only cost $5) and split a bowl in DQ - our silly anniversary tradition. Am a cheap date, lol! Thor ROCKED! We really caught up on every movie this break. X-men series, Start Trek into the Darkness, and Thor Loki is as fun as ever, and NP is doomed to play a girlfriend to men who tragically lose their mothers (REALLY?)

And, I made it through Oderon and got to Dantoine Both lightsabers and Jedi are piling up. I am becoming very fond of Bao-Dur! I am actually thinking of rotating Disciple and Atton in and out and keeping BD as the fixture in the party.
                          Last edited by Leida; 01-03-2014, 07:16 AM.

Comment

• Need to do the 2nd set of push-ups today. It's getting hard! But the ankle is now stables, so...
                            First Time Driving to work, TA-DA!!!! Got mom her ticket for the 9th to finally go home, poor mom.

Started W30 no deviations yesterday.

KOTOR2: In Nar-Shaada. Heh, the Nar-Shadaa is a mix of the best and the worst of the Obsidian. Atton's entire back-story and conversion in one massive dialogue, rendering it messy and un-frigging believable. And an actually well-made transition of focus from the PC to the NPCs and couple of very effective short dialogues with the same blimey Atton. Endless crawls through empty spaces, a couple of broken quests (even modded), but also a couple of very nice NPCs.

I am also starting to take issues with most of the major char development not only for Revan but for my current PC taking off screen. Again, not a fan of the 'discover ye terrible backstory' through the memory loss plotting.

Romances: Duh. Atton's interesting in his way, but his back story is too grand for the boy. Disciple could have been done better, the puppy-dog student admiration is an Okay take and he is pweetty, but dull so far. Still voting Bao-Dur as the most interesting male in the set & the best romanceable for the Femme PC. Just one more indication how important a VA is in creating an RPG character, props to the VA for sure, manages to channel the friendly attitude. My 7 yo qualified the males as: BaoDur - horny (not *that way*, what you see is what you get), Atton - handsome and Disciple - sexy (I am not sure where she picked that one and how she interprets it, I think it has something to do with him being blond.). Altogether I am impressed with the set of the joinables.

I am guessing I am half-way through.
                            Last edited by Leida; 01-06-2014, 07:11 AM.

Comment

• I totally dropped the ball on my push-ups, because I wanted to do upper body in the gym while mom was getting her fitness assessment with my PT. Well, I ended up pulling the rope for like 3 min, a 3 sets of the rows, and then I had to tag along to help with translating and stuff. PT was really great for mom, she is going to write mom a program to work on her hip and core, adapted to what mom can do at home, and is even going to go through all the program with her one more time tomorrow before mom flies home (yay!).

Gonna do more loitering around the gym today, while the baby is doing her climbing lesson. I will see if any cardio machine but the rope puller is okay for me right now. I was so sad watching my kiddo in hapkido class yesterday, really, really, really miss it! Almost driven to signing up, but I gave myself a word to NOT do it until I can at least walk normally. Gotta ask one of the senior students who mentioned in passing that she had toe breaks and managed to attend the class how the heck she does it. I see her binding her foot with tape, gotta ask about it?

Comment

• Well, my first run on the x-trainer after injury. Can't say it was fantastic or anything, but I managed 18 min before I deemed it unsafe to continue. Did 5x15 on empty bar for bench press (well 12 reps last set), did not want to load the bar to avoid pressure on the leg. Awkward, but doable. Will try KB swings today + see if I can increase x-trainer to 20 min. Also, first actual walk in the park, maybe 50 min or so.

Panicked and jumped the scale today, nothing special, still 133.8 lbs, so I did use up more calories to heal, i suppose for the weight to be relatively stable throughout the whole ordeal.

Will try to stay off the scale as per W30 protocol.

Not much progress on KOTOR2 yesterday, just updated Atton's lightsaber and tried a few configurations to the rescue party to go bail out the PC. I think it's gonna be Atton and Bao Dur, but the HK squad that is a nuisance when my PC is present on the scene is a challenge with the NPCs.

Comment

Working...
                                X