No announcement yet.

Journal Attempt #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ye gods, felt really tired yesterday, gods only know why. On Wed, I ended up only with a walk, as the fatigue started hitting me by the end of the day.

On Th I barely managed to drag myself out of the bed, do the whole lunch-breakfasts things, dropped kiddo to school, and went back home for a nap. Basically, all I wanted to do was lie in a dark room and do nothing. Eyes were hurting even. Caught up with my folks in Moscow on Skype. Ate about a pound of boiled chilled potatoes, and finally got myself to the gym by 11 am. Did about 40 min of hypertrophy and a rolling practice, then swam for 30 min, about 15 min relaxed, and 15 min in fins, stronger front crawl. Went shopping, picked the kiddo, run on elliptical for 30 min (400 cals intensity) and went to the PTI right after. And that was the day. Went for fruit, pb, shrimp and cheese for lunch/supper.

This morning I feel better, though slightly sore in places, nothing outrageous. My first drive Downtown, did not sleep well, worried about it, but went Okay once out of the neighborhood, no slip-sliding. Today is supposed to be the coldest day of this spell, holding at -27 with no warming up at all. But they are slowly managing to migrate the snow piles further off the roads, so all lanes are available in the burbs, yay! Still in our cul-de-sack it's driving in the ruts in places, like in the good old time!

Since I have the car, I packed a proper gym bag, so a walk indoors, breathing, rolling, swim and elliptical or something like that, a normal cardio day.

Oh, scale-break for me till the end of TOM. Wow, 30 days like clockwork.
    Last edited by Leida; 12-06-2013, 07:40 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Awesome weekend. I finally feel like myself, only heavier, lol! Back to 137.2, alarm whistles.

Kiddo got a bit of high temp with her cold, kept her out of diving Sunday, but she wanted to go skating with me instead and it did not go well. Only held up for 15 min and wanted off. Sheesh, will put double socks on her next time to make sure skates fit better. Hopefully that + cold was the problem. Didn't feel right leaving ice so sooooon!

On Saturday I did elli run and BP, very weak 95 lbs press again, not all the way to the chest, i think but racked on the 3rd pip. Didn't get time for deadlifts, but went belaying the kiddo, and then we bouldered together (and I did a bit of rolling). Holy cow, bouldering is hard for mommies

Okay, I do my roll to a stop incorrectly according to the BB who worked with me on Sun. Gotta try it the other way now. Also, forgot to write down last time the horse stance punching practice, so gotta put that in. Finally know what's wrong with my outside cresent (stance not wide enough).

Gotta try to go both Tue and Th for extra practice (gods see I missed enough classes!)

Comment

• Oh-la-la, the driving is pure madness. We got another 10 cm or so of snow damped yesterday morning, crashes everywhere, one closed off a major thoroughfare I take home, so my drive back took like 50 min and that's with leaving before 3 pm (poor guy got killed while checking damage to his vehicle). Basically they were rerouting on the roads around my neighborhood Horrid stuff. But came out alive. Had to reconsider the skiing after work though. Just swam a little (like 10 min before the lane got crowded) and did the usual on the elliptical. Snow shoveling, walking, so a good day of activities.

Managed to slip under 1600 with food, but barely. Beans for lunch - incredibly filling!!!

Snow again this morning, light fluff, only 10 min to shovel off. Gonna try to go skiing tomorrow, after I drop the parking pass with my co-worker who kindly lent it to me. I dunno if I can take the commute much longer... gods, it's bad! You can't see the lanes even on the major roads, and the only thing that inspires me to go on Deerfoot this afternoon is that Crowchild might be even worse. Unbelievable, frigging unbelievable. Pray to the commute gods.... and boy I feel sorry for the city crews!!!

EDIT: If my husband can make it home safely by 7, I will go to hapkido. Yesterday he stayed in the office till after 8, since everything was gridlocked.

Comment

• Gheesh, that sounds like no fun at all. Stay safe and hopefully your husband arrives home safely also.

Comment

• Thank you Anyway, I told him not to worry about coming in time. I will just put our girl into Child Minding while I go to the class if he can't make it. It is really crazy out there & snowing again

Comment

• Ooookay, I am pretty sure the universe conspires against my losing weight. Yesterday in a class, I tripped on an edge of the exercise mat, barely an inch tall, and frigging broke my baby toe on my foot. So, foot restraint and crutches for 4 weeks. You gotta be kidding me.

The hilarious part is that I am sitting here and can't decide if raw vegan or ketosis is better for not gaining weight with limited mobility and recovery???

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
                Ooookay, I am pretty sure the universe conspires against my losing weight. Yesterday in a class, I tripped on an edge of the exercise mat, barely an inch tall, and frigging broke my baby toe on my foot. So, foot restraint and crutches for 4 weeks. You gotta be kidding me.

The hilarious part is that I am sitting here and can't decide if raw vegan or ketosis is better for not gaining weight with limited mobility and recovery???
                Yeah, you just can't win. Dang. How about neither? Eat sensibly as you are and just adjust for the calories not being burned by exercise? Your body is trying to heal is changing up diet going to aid that?

Comment

• Yeah, it's a downer. ANd, of course you are right. I have enough to figure out without adding more to my plate. I will just go heavier on veggies and fruit and lighter on fats and meats, make a batch of a bone broth & hope for the best. Gotta start ticking the days till the second X-ray on the 29th. Maybe I will luck out.

Comment

• Okay, I decided to do the 100 push-ups program, doing triceps push-ups off my knees on Tue-Th-Sat. I will also do punching for my cardio (as well as hopping about and crawling the stairs) and throw in abs and stretches as much as I can. I do not want to introduce any objects into my training since I want to keep hands free to catch myself without risking to accidentally catch on my foot. All this hopping really works my left side hamstring and calf, lol.

Pushups training program week 1 and 2 | 100 pushups training

My base number is 10-12, I just did it in my workout with the trainer.

So, Week 1 is:

10-8-8-6 with 60 sec rest
                    11-9-8-6 with 90 sec rest
                    13-11-10-8 with 120 sec rest

Comment

• Push-ups went just peachy. Today I will try to recall the Legs of Steel and try to do Brazillian butt lifts, and every other leg raises and lifts I can think of and mobily allow me on my broken foot, since the other one gets the whole hopping/support going. Actually managed to make half a block yesterday outside, but it snowed again today and it's cold again. So, can't go out on crutches. Back to stair crawl-climb and punches. Gotta see if I can adopt the other kickboxing workout I have to the legless variation.

Comment

• Good lord, no one can fault your determination. Totally impressed.

Comment

• It's excrutiatingly boring to be stuck at home 24/7.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leida View Post
                            It's excrutiatingly boring to be stuck at home 24/7.
                            *knock knock*

Madam, may I have a minute to talk to you about our lord and savior - video games.

Comment

• Heh, I am actually working from home, so that's all the boredom without having the fun, human side of it. I miss my colleagues.

Tomorrow I am off (gotta use the day off) so I was thinking to reload KOTOR 2 that I've never finished... don't even dare buy Dragon Age. Half a year ago, I tried to reload NWN2 to restart on the mod after a few years hiatus, and it didn't went well at all. To be honest, I am so far behind the times that I dunno if I have it in me any more to play, let alone mod. Kindda funny for someone who put in 40 hrs a week into modding before the baby. Ha-ha.

Comment

• Dragon Age is fun. As is Dragon Age 2...just sayin'

Comment

Working...
                                X