Journal Attempt #2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 134.7 lbs this morning.

Just couldn't let go off the roast turkey legs too late in the evening... one of those things that happened when planning goes haywire. See, I was a good girl, ate while I was prepping meatzza for my folks supper, between 3:45 and 4:45 pm, then grabbed my kiddo and took her to the pool, and she gets an upset tummy (euphemism) by the end of the class... so I grab her run home. Obviously, meatzza is out of the question (it's her favorite food, will be insensitive for my hubby to eat it in front of her when she can't), so I start cooking rice for the kiddo and roasting turkey legs for the kiddo. Anyway, supper was late since I had to cook the turkey instead of all prepped meatzza, kiddo was very upset since she could not have the treats I brought from work (we had the weekly charity bake sale) so yeah... while I was cutting up the leftover meat, I indulged, and that was at 8 pm.

Also, did not do KBs. When I got home I had a message from the doc's office that she wants to talk about my hemoglobin. I did not catch her in time, but 10 to 1 I have low iron. Which explains why I am so endlessly tired lately. I took it easy and soaked in the hot tub and steam room while my kiddo was in the class. Planning to go for a lazy swim today and thawing a pound of liver. Once the doc confirms, will get the heavy duty iron again, and will probably cut back on the lifting to 2x a week or even less.

This is the year of completely weird things for me: the skin irritation because of dry year in the middle of the worst rainfall/flood of the century and iron deficiency after years of a heavily meat-based diet with impeccable supplementation.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Comment

• Oh, crap. Hubby just called. He forgot to put a jacket on our kiddo, so when he went back home, he smashed mirror right off the car. He sounded so upset, and I could not calm him down. I am now so worried about him getting to work safely. (Sigh) Life's crazy things.

Comment

• Yikes. That is not a good way to start the day. Hopefully things get better for him from here.

Comment

• Thank you! Well, at least he got to work Okay. Hopefully we can come up with some sort of a plan, i am thinking of maybe shifting my work schedule to ~8 am to 4:30 pm so I can drop our child off at school & reduce the morning burden for him. Then I can do short workouts from 5:30 am till about 6-6:10 am and come home by 6:30 am to get our kiddo going. I might even be able to pick her up... gotta check the bus schedule.

Comment

• Good luck! I'm not sure how you do all that you do on top of working. Glad to hear your husband got to work safely.

Comment

• Thank you!

I had a great day off, no hunger, but still a bit of a weight gain, back to 134.6 this morning from 133.7 on Thursday. I assume I am not losing, just seeing water/digestive works fluctuations. I did a mini starch refeed yesterday, had some classic beet salad, since sauerkraut is in its best stage right now (crunch, crunch!) - almost ready to go into the fridge, that's if there anything left! Kiddo went wild for it (and the beet salad too). I made it with avocado mayo, with a broiled salmon AND snacked on nuts I was soaking, so PUFA galore.

ZUMBA! That's too bad that's the last time I can do Zumba class on Thursday. I feel like writing a love letter about Zumba and its importance - I always feel like a million bucks after the class. I guess it's the whole dance-music participation, and it is so upbeat!!!

Back with coffee and it helps with the fatigue, but I am still careful about not doing any weight work. Tonight after I drop my kid off for the Kid's Night Out at 5 pm, I will try the KB workout though. I would rather swim, but the rec center has Shadow Swim so I suspect the pool will be a barrel of fish! Well, we'll go swimming-playing on Saturday with the kiddo.

The weekend is shaping up to be busy, so hopefully I can stick to ~ 1400-1500 cals.

Comment

• 133.9 yesterday morning, but 135 lbs today. Annoying, as I had a super-active day. Went lifting, then did yard clean-up for a couple of hours, then unloaded 185 lbs of beef (in 5 boxes, so they were noticeable weight), then took my kiddo to swim in the pool. But I did have food to appetite feeding, including far too many nuts, *and* two small boiled potatoes before bed (about 7:30 pm), because I felt I wouldn't fall asleep. Fat+carb, bad idea. Well, back to low carb (and attempts at a bastardized morning calorie restriction, a-la coffee and cheese) today.

Comment

• Wow, we had a pretty brutal hapkido class. Lots of rolling and then the self-defense circle that is as scary as it gets. Along with return to the low carb it triggered the de-watering process - a rather restless night, yakes! The weight dropped to 134.3 lbs, so net gain of 0.3 lbs over the weekend. Fingers crossed I can manage to drop a pound by next Saturday.

Fast is tempting as an idea since I am wearing Star Trek bodysuit all day Thursday to work (for charity) but I am not kidding myself!

Today is the first day of winter. It was -10, and yesterday's snow is still in place, slippery. I kicked off the new schedule by walking my daughter to school and catching the bus. 8 am in the office. Unfortunately, with all the excitement of looking for the snow-pants, I forgot to pack my daily dose of pills so I am in a bit panic now, about surviving till 5 pm without glucomannan.

Today's plan is to walk as much as I can manage and do a day of standing work.

Comment

• -10? Holy heck. I was chilly when it got down into the 40s today. Good luck making it through the day and I bet you will rock that bodysuit.

Comment

• Aww, thank you! I really want to make a pic this year. The chill spell is over, yesterday was the coldest day we've had so far, closer to -15 (Celsius). This morning it felt hot at about 0.

Put in a short lifting session yesterday (bench and back rows) and a bit of walking + standing for about 6-7 hours working - good day overall.

133.8 lbs this morning - it's like watching the grass grow, but as long as it is down, it's all good. Since today is a pumpkin carving day, I am going to take a Slow Movement day, and take half a day tomorrow to put in a KB and rolling session. And trick-and-treating, lol! Fingers crossed the weather stays mild for that!

Planning to turn our only pumpkin (darn pocket gofer!) into a savory pumpkin pie.

Comment

• 132.7 on Th morning - I dehydrated something fierce with like 3 cups of coffee on Wed and had a horrid night coming into Halloween Thursday. So, took it easy, perhaps too easy... with my savory pumpkin cheescake squares, and apples. I know, it was a lapse in judgment, but here I was sitting staring at the pile of candy my kid gathered, tried one caramilk, and it was so unsatisfactory as far as treats go, that I decided to have apples.

Anyway, in between I did not win the costume contest (I think the masses of the office workers are not yet ready for Trek humor) but I had a blast.

And got a really weird enthusiasm to get my body into shape enough to dress as Kara Thrace next year. Obviously, ye average office worker is even less ready for BSG than Trek, but hey-ho, that's gonna make me happy!

134.1 lbs this morning, partially re-hydration, partially free eating, lol. Gonna go easy today, and do a Zumba class

Comment

• you is losing weight girl!!! Delighted for you
                          "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Comment

• Thank you. I don't think it a weight loss yet, not till I reach 130 that I can be certain. I am still in the fluctuation range. 130 will be the first significant number to indicate that yep, I am finally going down

Comment

• Oops. I did it again. Of course. Weight bounced to 134.3 and to 135.2 respectively on Sun and this morning. I was 'doing' carbs (2 boiled potatoes on Sat and fruit and buckwheat on Sun) because I was seeing the low-carb depression on Th-Fri, and my feet started cramping on Saturday when squating.

The weekend was a blur of activity (covered the strawberry beds as the snow-fall started on Sat morning, shoveled a few times, made a snowman, lifted, and, finally got rolled and dove-rolled through a hap-ki-do class) so I am kindda hoping that a few days of LC will clean out the water bulge (which is what I am seeing hopefully). If not, oh, well.

Hap-ki-do Master uhm mentioned during the class that I am going to do the testing. I think he is wildly optimistic. I am honestly very happy with a white belt. Just in case have to look up the difference between the point and spear kicks... and do more rolling.

That rolling class... I have some really interesting bruising from the wooden planks and the matting. Adding a pulled trap (I have no idea how), and I am good with Slow Movement today after a cold shower to relieve some of the weekend DOMS.

I was also clued in why on earth I need to do finger-tip push-ups in a MA class. Nothing to do with the core, and natural strength progression. Apparently it develops the fingers to grip at the pressure points (none of the gentle aikido stuff here). (Sigh) add one more thing to the list.

Cheese and liver day today, lol!

Comment

• Soooo cold today! Windchill is -17, I can bloody believe it.

134.7# this morning, with an indication that I am restored to my womanly stuff. If that's true, I am back to my average cycle length which is a reason to celebrate. And a small hope that the weight gain is TOM-related.

Trap is almost back to normal (was able to dress without much cringing and cursing), but since the pain is still there, I am going to just mush elliptical for intervals (while my baby is doing her climbing class) and if I have time left do a few planks and twists and other abdominal goodness that doesn't involve shoulder. Another option is to work on the box jumps and with the jumping rope. Plus the emphasis on the fingertips. Started that yesterday with 10 off-the-wall, then a plank off the chair, then 3 short holds (20 sec) off the floor on the fingertips. Pathetic so far, but it's how you get to non-pathetic.

Going to a conference tomorrow. Normally, that means I am facing the Universal Gym and a few assorted dumbells along with the elliptical and a treadmill, but woah, this time it is:

....you can maintain your fitness regimen in this 23,000-square-foot facility, which is included in your hotel room rate. Take advantage of the racquet courts, indoor running track, weight and cardio machines, salt water pool, sauna and whirlpool.
                                The picture of the gym has a squat rack! It looks great. So, it's just a matter of the trap healing now.

Comment

Working...
                                X