Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Primal Summer Survival Plan (Primal-JoJo)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It may sound weird but buttered steak is a good way to go too! CS gave me the tip and now I can't go back to just regular steak!
    SW (Nov 22nd 2011): 333
    Current Weight as of Nov 25 2015: 248
    Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
    Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension
    Long Term Goal: 166lbs (One day!), Buy whatever cloths I want to wear.
    Pain is temporary, quitting is forever- Lance Armstrong #NoExcuses

Comment

Oh yeah - honestly I'm a butter fiend - I add it where ever I can lol. Definitely have steak with butter too. One time I got lazy and didn't marinate my steak so then I just cooked it, but mixed butter with garlic and worchestershire sauce and then just spread it on top when the steak was done. Now this is how I always eat my steak haha.
      Primal: Because I like to have my steak, and eat it too

Current Primal Journal
      My Old Primal Journal - Surviving my summer away from home
      Food blog: Sex or Chocolate: I choose STEAK!

Comment

So I didn't get around to posting eating yesterday, cuz I had a raging headache and just had to go to bed. Two days now of having headaches. Hmm. The only thing I can think of is that I haven't been eating enough, and working out/walking too much. Saturday was terrible for food while we were at the falls. THen Sunday, brunch was good, but dinner was tiny. And then yesterday I screwed up. I made dinner but it wasn't enough. I served my parents and grandma first, and then realized I divided poorly cuz there was like nothing left for me and my sis So anyways, yeah all I can think of is not enough food the last 3 days taking its toll.

Day 10

Sunbathing. Maybe this also contributed to headache? Too much sun. I was out for about an hour, which is usually how much time I go out... But then my sister and I went to the park to try some pull-ups and shoot some hoops. So that probably made it almost 2 hours total. I dunno... but I love my sun.

Brunch: Epic salad! Spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, a bit of mayo, evoo, balsamic, basil, bacon, warmed salami, 2 hard-boiled eggs and 1/4 avocado.

Supplements: B12 and omega 3x3.

Fitness: walk to the park and back, attempted pull-ups (mostly a few negative pull-ups) - need some gloves to help with the hurting hands. Shot some hoops. Then got home and did a strength training work-out. Same as usually, with some variations, add a few dif types of arm exercises, up-ed some of the reps, etc. Did 100 squats again;this time in 3:37 min.

Felt pretty tired after this instead of energized. No headache yet, but just exhausted. Had a banana and half cup of orange juice while making dinner.

Dinner: Curried pork and onions with rice. Small bowl of both. Added some cilantro and sour cream to my bowl.

Dessert: Camomile tea with cream and cinnamon (no honey). Warm acorn squash with butter, strawberries and apples, cinnamon and coconut milk - the creamy fat at the top of the can.

Went to the mall with my other little sister (not the one I work out with). Got some awesome stuff!! New gladiator type sandals, since my other camel coloured shoes broke (I fell down the stairs to my apartment a few weeks ago, ouch. And the entire souls of my sandals got ripped out! :O). Got some grey "aladdin" pants that I've wanted for a long time. Also got 3 pairs of super cute booty shorts: black, neon green and neon pink

Then once I got home I had a crazy ass headache and passed out. Had a few pieces of salami and cheese before bed, and dreamt about greasy pork ribs... Hopefully today will be better.
        Last edited by Primal-JoJo; 06-19-2012, 06:14 PM.

Current Primal Journal

Comment

Day 11

Still felt low energy today Tried to really up the fat, and to eat more, but it's friggin hard when you're just not hungry.

Brunch: Two eggs fried in butter. Boiled breakfast sausage with a bit of ketchup. Cup of rooibos tea with cinnamon and cream. Apple with some cashew butter, prob about 2 Tbsps. Also had a few pieces of salami before breakfast as well.

Fitness: None. Rest day. Literally, did nothing today, so exhausted.

Dinner: Lots of veggies and dip. Also rejected the KFC everyone else was eating. To my memory the few times I've had it in recent years it was super greasy, and very little meat, not appetizing (I used to love it as a kid though!). Anyways, lol I kind of regretted my rejection of it today - it looked good. Didn't look greasy and decent sized. Obviously it's not good for you anyways... but I kind of wanted some. Pride stopped me haha. I made a pizza salad instead: sauteed onions, bacon, salami, mushrooms, peppers, basil, tomato concentrate, some balsamic vinegar, and cheddar cheese, I also added some extra olive oil, just for good measure. I couldn't finish it, so I saved it for later. Had a small cup of coffee with cream and bit of honey.

Later...: Left overs from dinner. Dark chocolate with coconut oil. Tea with cream and honey. Anyways, I'm feeling okay now. Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow. I told my mom about my pork ribs dream, and she got ribs for tomorrow! Haha I hope they're are nice and greasy - maybe I'll add some extra butter just in case
          Last edited by Primal-JoJo; 06-19-2012, 08:38 PM.

Current Primal Journal

Comment

Looks perfect.
            Last edited by Young092; 06-19-2012, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Day 12

Feeling much better today. Started with some sunbathing as per usual. Sooo hot out today! Didn't stay out too long- just got warmed up, and pumped with my vitamin D

Brunch: bacon, onion, mushroom and sweet potato omelet; made with 3 eggs and lots of butter.

Fitness: Strenghth training. The usual. 100 squats in 3:07 min. Then my usual variations of stuff.

Dinner: RIBS!!! Although my mom combined my primal BBQ sauce with sugary store-bought stuff... *sigh* but oh well, they we're friggin delicious. Got the grease I wanted so badly lol. Ate like 4 or so of them. Also had some potato salad my mom made.

Dessert: 20%, a few pieces of regualar milk chocolate with hazelnuts.

Kinda wish I was eating more still, but it's so hard. Not really hungry. Or it gets too late when I am, and I'm too lazy to make something. Gonna have a cream-filled tea before bed.

Current Primal Journal

Comment

Current Primal Journal

Comment

Day 13

So I kind of "smashed the phone" today a bit. It was definitely a 20% kind of day. Me and my sis headed out to Toronto this morning, so that sort of complicated things.

Breakfast: Tim Horton's breakfast sandwich. Biscuit, egg, sausage and cheese. To be honest, no regrets here. I love Timmy's breakfast biscuits! Don't think I'll ever give these up for life.

Snack: It was effing hot out and we were walking around outside- so we got popsicles! Anyone ever had a cyclone?? Soo good, they've got this weird/awesome really soft texture.

Then we walked around Chinatown for many hours. In the blazing sun. So I guess that's a check for fitness and vitamin D....

Snack 2: Two nectarines, bought at a fruit stand.

Then we got stuck in traffic on the way home. We got mad and finally went down an exit to get some food, and hopefully wait out the traffic situation a bit.

Dinner: Note to self (and everyone else be warned): NEVER EVER eat at Boston Pizza again! This is just the worst place ever. Lowest quality of food I've ever seen - you'd think I would have learned by now. I have never had a satisfying experience with this place- and I'm counting my pre-primal days. I actually ordered as primally as I could, but it still sucked. Salad with vinaigrette (bet it was loaded with canola oil); steak; something that was *supposedly* a side of steamed vegetables and a piece of garlic bread. We both ordered steak and were so excited. What a colossal let down. Who knew someone could be let down my ordering steak, for crying out loud!? Blandest, cheapest food ever. Tiny portion... and no seasonings what so ever; nothing to even make it *look* like someone put any thought or effort into this meal. I eat better on my laziest of cooking days! Anyways, I was hungry, and don't want to experience any more energy lows so I ate it all - including the garlic bread (sadly the only part of the meal that had any sort of favour). I just don't get how this place is still in business. People truly have low standards. Not even their pizza is any good... My sister and I were so disappointed, that afterwards we were actually like, "We should have just gotten McDonald's." We seriously said this. Quality would have been the same - price and disappointment lower. Ok - *end rant*

Anywayzzzz.... Felt bloated and crappy immediately afterwards. To think I used to feel this way almost all the time after most meals- yuck! As I mentioned above though, when we got home I sort of smashed the phone. My grandma baked apple muffins, so I just said "F*** it" and had one.

All in all, I guess it could have been worse. I didn't binge out or anything. But not an impressive day food wise. Luckily, tomorrow's another day. Having my ritual tea with cream and honey, and looking forward to chowing down on some eggs and other good stuff tomorrow (my mom recently bought 120 eggs - so I'm set! Woohoo!)
                  Last edited by Primal-JoJo; 06-21-2012, 10:00 PM.

Current Primal Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Primal-JoJo View Post
                    Breakfast: Tim Horton's breakfast sandwich. Biscuit, egg, sausage and cheese. To be honest, no regrets here. I love Timmy's breakfast biscuits! Don't think I'll ever give these up for life.
                    - You really should cut those out and make your own. I have tried a recipe (link below) to make breakfast biscuit/bun-like things. I'm pretty sure those sausage patties are also filled with mysterious ingredients.

Oopsie Rolls

Comment

The only thing on BP's menu that is consistently good is their spinach salad (spinach, egg, feta, mushrooms, bacon, poppyseed vinegarette). Everything else is a pass for me too.
                      Short Term Goal: Fit into the shirts I got on my honeymoon at disney and universal in august next year when I go back to for my 1 year anniversary
                      Met Goal: Be a 2x Shirt, Fit in a standard airplane seat belt without the use of a seat belt extension

Comment

@ Metric - yeah, I've had that same recipe lying around for a while, I will definitely try it in the future (do you know if it freezes well??). I have a coconut flour recipe that tastes almost exactly like the Timmy's biscuits, but it doesn't hold/freeze well so its too much work for just one sitting. And just to clarify - I don't eat these on any sort of regular basis - this was probably my second time this year; I make wayyyy better stuff at home, Timmy's sucks - you can't even get honey in your tea. But I will never be 100% primal... and these breakfast sandwiches are worth the compromise to me once in a blue moon.

Whereas BP is not worth the compromise.... thanks for the tip Ecks, but I doubt I'll need it. I am NEVER eating there again - who screws up steak, honestly?? If I ever get invited there, I'm definitely putting up a fuss. Different place, or I'm not going (yes I can and WILL be this childish lol).

Current Primal Journal

Comment

Day 14

Breakfast: Little sandwiches made out of cucumbers, with avocado and cream cheese inside. I don't know how many I had - a lot lol.

Sunbathing. Shoot forgot to take my supplements.... (I'ma gonna go do that right NOW... ok done) - omega 3x3 and B12.

Lunch: Hardboiled eggs grated and combined with sauteed mushrooms and onions (and butter) - and then combined with a bit of cream cheese. So yum! A random food, but this is something we normally eat on Easter. When we're feeling extra fancy we use this as stuffing to put into egg shells that have been carefully cut in half.

Fitness: Strength training. 100 squats 3:14 min. And variation of other exercises: planks, ab wheel (I'm getting so much better at this! My arms no longer feel like they're gonna buckle), wall sit and bicep curls, pushups, dips, side pushups (new today), and also new today weighted (10lbs) butt lifts.

Dinner fail: So my little sister cooked pasta for dinner today I didn't want to be a total dick so I had a bit, a little snack sized plate. I figure right after my work-out would be as good as time ever gets to eat pasta. It was okay - too much pasta, not enough meat and veg. But yeah, I guess I don't want to discourage her from cooking even if it was a lot of prepackaged stuff. I have to remember I made food like this in the past too.

I really hate being so anal about what I eat. It's so annoying - I'm sure to people around me, but also to myself. *sigh* I'm now one of THOSE people, a snobby "health" food know it all. On the bright side I didn't chow down or anything. And let me tell you - I can seriously eat a man-sized dose of pasta - it was definitely my favourite food, pre-primal.

So didn't eat much and was pretty hungry. But took my grandma to some shops instead of eating - I just couldn't think of anything primal to eat, other than eggs, and the thought of more eggs kind of made me feel queasy. Got home and was starved...

Primal dinner/dessert: Coconut pancake made with 3 eggs, vanilla protein powder, topped with strawberries and coconut milk, the fatty cream stuff, more protein powder. Also while I was cooking this I finished the remnants of the eggs and mushrooms I had for lunch. (Eggs were good again once I was starving lol)

Snack: 2 spider dogs roasted over the camp fire in our backyard, with some ketchup. Not primal, but this is part of my official "summer 20%". I love spider dogs when camping and they HAVE to be Schneider's red hots. I should probably try their "natural" hot dogs next time though.

Current Primal Journal

Comment

Weekly Recap 2

The 20%: About 3 pieces of bread combined (2 day at the Falls; garlic bread @ BP). Melontini. A few pieces x2 of hazelnut milk chocolate. Breaded pork schnitzel. Timmy's breakfast sandwich. Cyclone popsicle. Crappy canola filled stuff at BP. Apple muffin. Small plate of pasta. Spider dogs and ketchup.

So the 20% this week was more than I would like, but it seemed like life kept throwing obstacles my way, and eating non-primal stuff seems to be a better choice for me than not eating at all. Since I naturally tend to IF a lot of mornings, and am pretty active, last weekend clearly showed that exercise + too much IF = super tired, headachey Joanna. I also had a few days where I wasn't putting honey in my tea, because for some reason the idea of sugar was making me gag a little. But then I realized that this was probably also adding to my low energy levels, and decided this is not a good time to cut sugar. My diet's not nourishing enough for that at the moment... so I'll try ditching sugar when I'm back home and eating like 99% primal all the time.

Although to be honest writing out the week's 20%, it doesn't seem as bad as I thought. I guess I don't like that there was some thing almost every single day. But overall, it could be worse. In the past I honestly could have eaten that much crap in just one day, let alone one week. Also, I didn't freak out and binge. I don't think I smashed the phone as much as I thought I did, considering a lot of times my food choices were limited and I did the best that I could with the choices that I had.

I'm also feeling a little conflicted. I feel like I was pretty hard on myself this week and feel like I'm getting obsessive about what I eat. I'm not a fan of this. I'm usually really laid back with eating. I feel like I need to find some balance and stop being such a bitch about my food. I eat primal when I can, which is most of the time. I feel like I need to chill out the times where circumstances don't allow it. On the other hand, I don't want to be too laid back... *sigh*

Ultimately, I am a silver lining type of girl though. I have to say these last few weeks have been the most dedicated I've ever been to working out. I've really been loving it! As well as feeling and seeing the results! I love my arms - they've never been this toned! And I love feeling them get stronger when I work with the ab wheel. I really get a sick pleasure from that thing. I love my thighs, that don't get sore from any amount of squats anymore! I've also done a ton of walking this week. This is the fittest and strongest I've ever felt. I also still love my bathing suit- I have never felt so good about how I look in one. Brag note: when me and my sister were in Toronto a guy literally stopped and said, "WOAH! Get legs - the both of you. Keep up the good work." I really wish I had said thanks haha, that was probably the most affirmative "cat call" I ever got. Cuz shit... my legs DO look good. And I'm a shorty, so I never expected loving my legs to be a result of being primal.

So I guess where I've lost out on my diet by living at home, I have gained a lot in terms of fitness and motivation. I'd prefer to have both at about 90-95%, but I suppose I have my whole life ahead of me to work that out.

Current Primal Journal

Comment

Check out this week's testimonial. It's about a couple who found themselves starting marathons in a fasted ketogetic state. It's a good read and may be a good motivator for combining ketosis with IFing.

Comment

Originally posted by Primal-JoJo View Post
                                @ Metric - yeah, I've had that same recipe lying around for a while, I will definitely try it in the future (do you know if it freezes well??). I have a coconut flour recipe that tastes almost exactly like the Timmy's biscuits, but it doesn't hold/freeze well so its too much work for just one sitting. And just to clarify - I don't eat these on any sort of regular basis - this was probably my second time this year; I make wayyyy better stuff at home, Timmy's sucks - you can't even get honey in your tea. But I will never be 100% primal... and these breakfast sandwiches are worth the compromise to me once in a blue moon.
                                I'm not sure how they freeze. Keep in mind that you use 2 of them so they get used up quickly. They are 100% primal and taste amazing when eaten with something. I used them for buns for my burger. Also, I didn't have cream of tartar so I substituted the exact same amount in vinegar. Worked perfectly and couldn't taste it at all. If you make them, then you could enjoy breakfast sandwiches more often. Make yourself a small omelet filled with cheese, good-quality sausage and veggies if so inclined, and slap it between two of these suckers. Let me know how you like the recipe when you get around to trying it.

Comment

Working...
                                X