No announcement yet.

Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks chickies. I have days like that where I just can't get around my logic and want everything NOW.

I had a feeling the fat thing would be our issue...my husband gave the reheated chicken skin a bad review and does not recommend. : ) We just haven't ever eaten it and don't have a taste/palate for it. We do use it for sauteeing, etc, but that's about it. Solid fat just feels gross in my mouth.

Anyway. Sorry about the coughing, Jenn. That's the pits. Mine will ease off I'm sure. The penalty of going to my niece's dance recital a couple Saturdays ago.

Just went to get a dozen pastured eggs from our local pastured animal farm. If hubby and I ever get a chest freezer we're signing up over there. I took a tour a couple weeks ago and met the happiest cows, hens, chickens and pigs I ever saw. It was great and is 8 minutes from my house. Psyche.

And I took some shots of some flowers I love, but have never photographed well - deptford pinks! They were in the yard and I didn't mow them down so I could shoot them.

In between wind gusts (macro photography's arch enemy) I cut off branches from an overgrown bush and hauled them away. All in all not a bad day. I'll probably do a few more chores and then find a book. Hope the rain holds off.
    5' 9" 47 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
    Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

Beautiful flower!
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

Great DOF and i love the slight bokah you got in the background! Pretty!

Comment

Slight bokeh? That's massive bokeh, girlie.

Seriously though...that old lens of mine (80s vintage Olympus 90mm f2 macro) makes the most creamy bokeh of any I have. It's my precious. It took me almost 20 years to buy one, but it's the last lens I'd give up. Glad you liked the fler, ladies. Now it's raining again so any outdoor photography will have to wait. Good thing I mowed the lawn. I hate lawns. Mine is mostly weeds, flowers and moss. I'd love it if it were all moss and flowers. Lawns are just stupid. Anyway...that's a rant for a different day.

The rain held off so husband could grill some bone-in pork chops for dinner. Yummy. He sauteed some cauli in butter and oil with onions and mushrooms and we had that with some leftover asparagus. Also a glass of chard. Well, two. That's never going to change.

This morning I feel ok...still sick, but my sore throat is even more faded, but my sinuses and lungs are still clogged with gunk. I woke with coughing a couple times last night, but not as much and Larry did not bite me. So I probably got 6-7 hours. Enough.

Exercise was mowing that stupid lawn, cutting and hauling branches.

Not excruciatingly hungry this am, so am having coffee and seeing where I go from here.

Realized that we bought way too much food last week. The no snacking thing is new, but so is the easy ability to skip meals if the last one was so satisfying. Mostly lunch is skipped by me, or sometimes breakfast. He complained that he's often not hungry enough to eat breakfast, but does because he won't have time to eat later. I suggested we make dinner a smaller meal and he gave me a grunt. I guess that idea will take some time to work into his consciousness.

Edited to add
          B | 2 fried hen eggs | 3 strips bacon | 8oz V8 juice
          S | 2% greek yog w/strawberries & blueberries
          L | handful of pistachios | 1 HBE | porkchop & cauliflower/mushroom sautee | water
          Last edited by June68; 06-13-2012, 11:02 AM.
          5' 9" 47 YO F
          PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

Originally posted by June68 View Post
            I give up if I'm not into it. I couldn't finish Under the Dome and I'm not sorry about it. Life is too short and there are too many books I will enjoy reading to do that.
            The ending was stupid anyway.

Comment

Wasn't it like, aliens or something? Eh. I'm not worried about it.

Am having an incredibly crave-y day. Didn't want my leftover cauli & pork chop. Wanted a PB&J like super bad. Grrr. Didn't give in, but it's there in the back of my mind. Lurking.
              5' 9" 47 YO F
              PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

Yes. Similar to when little boys use a magnifying glass to torture bugs, the aliens put a dome over the city to torture the people. Stupid stupid stupid. it was like he couldn't think of a good ending so he did this instead. Dumb.

I hate it when I have a craving and it doesn't go away. Right now I'm sad b/c I just ran out of iced tea and the caff is closed...

Comment

Super sweet lens! Glad your sore throat is going away - ya'll are talking about reading books - I wish I had time to sit down and enjoy a good book but for now it's PB (not that it's not good but it just feels like studying, and deciphering) and a Sociology of the Family class I am taking this summer to get it out of the way, it's the last of one of those "you have to take it b/c the college needs the money, but we are making it a pre-req for your degree." blah. Good thing it's online, i don't think i could sit through a class and listen to it as well.
                  Anyway, if you think lawns are stupid, come on over I have 3.5 acres of pure grass you could cut if you were feeling froggy? lol

Don't give in to your craving, just don't. Evil things, they are.

Comment

My strategy for dealing with cravings is to tell myself I can have it (whatever I'm craving) tomorrow. But by the next day, the craving is gone.
                    My Primal Blueprint Journal

Comment

Thanks chickies. I did not give in, but damn it was a hungry/snacky day, too. I think it's the lack of fat in meals, something I knew we'd struggle with from a lifetime of eating lean. I have just lost my taste for it and there isn't any in the house. Ah well, as they say, Rome wasn't built in a day. We'll get there.

That's a good idea primally_yours - that could curb my cravings in future. I don't know what brought them on exactly (could be hormones, lack of gluten carbs, time on this diet, anything), but they seem diminished for now.

Yesterday I didn't exercise or do much...felt too weird and the weather was bad. oh excuses, I know, but today I'll go walk 5-6 miles and get it out of my system. Food. Eh, I think it was too much, but at least I didn't crack open a box of Cheez Its like I wanted to.

S | handful pistachios | 2 smallish hunks of full-fat cheddar | 1 glass wine
                      D | ground beef sauteed w/lots of veggies & spices | 2 glasses wine

Am STARVING this morning. No doubt it was because I didn't eat much at dinner (I never like to) and it wasn't a particularly fatty meal. Oh well. It's not like there's no food in the house.

Anyway...sleep, uh let's see, probably 6-7 hours. Woke up around 11 and didn't sleep for about an hour or so. Too hot. That happens a lot. We should set up the fan. Then later both Larry and Thomas decided to be on me and when Larry slumped on my chest I think he collapsed my lung. Well, not really, but damn that cat can slump. Oh, here are my boys for illustration -

Thomas (don't let the fur fool you, he's only 9lbs under there!)

Larry (a sleek and feisty 14lbs)

They are both shelter cats (from different ones though) and are about ages 13 and 7 respectively and are strictly indoors because, quite frankly, I think they're both too dumb to be let out.

Anyway...the sun is coming out and so I'll hit the road. Thanks again for all the encouragement ladies.
                      5' 9" 47 YO F
                      PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

Aww, look at those handsome kitties!
                        My Primal Blueprint Journal

Comment

Your Thomas reminds me of my Brinn. She's a long hair Maine Coon. She's a year old and already looks like a full grown long hair domestic. Her paws tell a different story though. She's gonna get big.

You know how most cats walk through the house and you don't hear them? This cat stomps or something b/c when she walks across the kitchen floor, it sounds like one of my kids. She's loud! lol

Comment

Thanks girls. They are cutie patooties even if they are wicked pesty sometimes.

So I walked 5 miles and had breakfast
                            B | 2 hen egg scramble w/leeks & goat cheese over a portabella mushroom cap | 3 bacon strips | 4oz V8

Edited to add that jump rope is an awesome way to get your heart rate up and feel silly and young at the same time. What's not to love?
                            Last edited by June68; 06-14-2012, 08:32 AM.
                            5' 9" 47 YO F
                            PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

I caught my breath when i saw your black cat - he looks just like my lucky. Lucky has been missing for about 4 months He was an outside kitty didn't want to be an inside kitty. I found him when he was about 9 months old (looked younger b/c he was so skinny) when i was getting $ from the ATM. I looked down and there he was laying and he just looked at me with his BIG yellow eyes and went *meow?* like as to say help. I picked him up and walked back to the car. My son named him. he was a great mouser and would kiss me on the cheek. I miss my kitty.
                              I have two yorkies and when we go out side to the deck we still call it the kitty kat door.

Are you a cook b/c you have some unique combinations in your menus!

Comment

I'm sorry about your missing boy. I've had to go through that and it's pretty awful imagining what happened to the little guy. People say cats lead violent lives, but hell, they're still pets. I hope he comes back to you.

Nope, not a cook. Very far from it and strangely enough, this Primal thing is turning me into one. My husband has always done all the cooking. He's good at it and he likes it. We're going to miss his crusty bread something fierce I think.

Anyway, to report in.

L | leftover meatless chili, which is what we've taken to calling what he made with ground beef and veggies yesterday
                                D | top sirloin steak | salad | grilled zucchini | Joullian Cab 2007

Ate too much dinner unfortunately and felt uncomfortably stuffed afterwards.

Slept OK between wakings by the stupid cats. Was not hungry at all when I woke up (I guess stuffing oneself has a side benefit). At 4:30 woke up naturally and got myself out of bed to go shoot orchids in a kettle bog. The morning was chilly and beautiful and the flowers were covered in dew -

I stayed until about 7:30 then drove home to find my hubby had left me coffee in my thermos. He's such a sweetie. He even left me 2 slices of cooked bacon and so -

B | 2 hen eggs fried in bacon fat | 2 strips bacon | 3oz V8 (the rest of the can) | 1/2 c. pineapple

I'll probably work out with weights in a bit. Husband ordered me a kettlebell and so I've got to get a bit of my old strength back before I start swinging that thing around.
                                5' 9" 47 YO F
                                PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X