No announcement yet.

Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well my lay off the asthma meds experiment came to and end last night. I got rattle-y (phlegm-y) yesterday evening so took a shot of advair. Ah well. It's an improvement I can hardly believe so hopefully it's the beginning of the improvement, not the end. Maybe I'll try going without it again in the future and compare.

As far as the job goes, things are moving fast. I talked to the HR woman yesterday and she said Mr. CEO really liked me and now I will talk to a director level person today at 11. I haven't interviewed for a job in a while so it was like a crash course with me cramming like crazy. What did we do before the internet? (oh yeah, I have resume and interview coaching books around here somewhere) I racked my brain for good questions to ask and answers to give, but google is my friend and I came up with some more. Some I don't agree with, but it's all about style and wanting to make the best fit. Part of me knows that this kind of prep and excitement will only lead to depression if I don't get it, but I gotta really try. It's time to go back to work.

As part of my excitement and prep I've been trying on all my old professional clothes, you know Brooks Brothers and Talbot's. I'm a tweener. Size 10s don't really fit me well, size 12s are too big. For most stuff. Oy! But at least I have a few good clothes to interview in if anyone flies anywhere or to start work in should I be lucky enough to get this job.
    5' 9" 47 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
    Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

• Things continue to move at hurricane speed. I talked with the director yesterday for a little over an hour. We hit it off like a house on fire and it turned more into a strategy discussion than anything else and by the end of it she was using language to describe activities in the job that put me in that role. Like, the engineer in that territory will be moving to an inside position, so we'll have to replace him which will be good because you'll be part of the hiring process and can choose someone who suits you and set the tone for how you'll work together. I love it when hiring managers do that. She also asked how soon I could start and they want someone in that job in December to get a lot of training out of the way by 2013.

2 hours after that conversation I got a meeting invitation for Tuesday morning for a call with the COO which is what the Director said would be the next step. I'm wicked psyched and hope this next discussion goes as well as my first 2. According to everything people have said so far, the CEO likes me a lot and so does the Director. Now for that COO. I'm feeling very confident and will be surprised if I don't get an offer.

The funny thing is that if this happened without me being Primal, I doubt I'd have been able to pull it off. I've only worked this hard over a potential job once before. That was 10 years ago when I was about the weight/size I am now. If I'd still had those extra 20lbs though, I'm not sure I'd have gotten this far. My confidence is back with a vengeance and I think that's made all the difference.

I remember in the last couple years going to job interviews in clothes that were less than ideal because none of my good clothes fit me anymore. Sometimes I'd have to wear shirts untucked because that top button just wouldn't close. How humiliating. No wonder I blew an interview so bad that I felt like walking out in the middle of it. I knew it then that I was blowing it, but couldn't correct my course at all. It was awful. Granted, it wasn't an ideal job, but I think had I been on top of my game I could have landed it.

Granted, this has all been on the phone so far and not one person has laid eyes on me, but still, that inner surety comes through loud and clear. And I'll be more than ready if someone comes to meet me or if I'm flown to meet them. My professional wardrobe fits and is classic enough to not be out of style. Being Primal definitely made this all possible I have no doubt.

Now I'm doing a little chicken counting. Not much, but I can't help fantasizing about having a substantial income again. My poor husband has been shouldering the load himself for 3 years now and my first order of business will be to take over all bill paying. I also realized how little I can get along with. Before I pretty much indulged every whim of consumerism that I had, but these last few years I've had to do with very little since I had no income. So hubby and I decided that if I do get this job, we'll make a more concerted effort to save money. I'm sure our investment guy will like that. I am buying myself a new tripod and tripod head though. Oy, my old one is a workhorse, but so cumbersome. And if Olympus makes the camera I want...I'm getting one. Hee hee.

so anyway...for all three of you who read this, thanks. I had to get some stuff out.
      5' 9" 47 YO F
      PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• I read, so guess you may have at least 4 followers! I just don't comment often. So awesome! Sounds like you have lots to be thankful for!

Comment

• Thanks Kim. I do. And I hope I have even more next week!
          5' 9" 47 YO F
          PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• On another note, I find that many days I'm only eating two meals. This will probably change if I get this job, but right now I eat breakfast pretty late - 9 to 11am - and if I do that, usually I'm not actively hungry until 4pm or so. That's too close to dinnertime to warrant me eating a real meal, so I usually have cheese, nuts or salami as a snack. This is even true on days where I'm not in the field taking photographs. I think I'm still losing weight though. The stubborn pants that just refused to fit are now loose on me and I'm heading to a solid size 10.

Anyway...that's a stray thought. Now for some fog.

5' 9" 47 YO F
            PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• Beautiful picture!! Love foggy pics.

Congrats on the awesome interview results! I hope the next meeting goes just as well for you!
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Thanks. I love fog, too, but am too lazy to shoot it when it is around. Maybe those will motivate me to do so.

Tomorrow by this time my 3rd interview will be over and hopefully they will make a move either straight to an offer or to flying me to them or them to me for a face-to-face. Either is a logical step, but I hope after 3 discussions they'll know enough. Hopefully they don't take forever to make this decision. I hope that I both wowed them and they think I'm perfect and they they're relieved not to have to launch a formal search and wade through dozens of resumes and interviews. I know what a time-suck that process is and how expensive it is. With me there's no expense other than in time.

My anxiety level has been going up and down since my last conversation with the Director which was Wednesday last. I'm trying not to obsess which is good, and I'm not negative about things which is better. I was recalling the process for another job I worked hard to get and how frigging long it took them to make me an offer. I remember weeks going by with no news. What a stomach-churning time that is, huh? Everyone I've talked to has said time is of the essence, so hopefully they are true to their word.

Diet & exercise-wise I'm still on track and I think I'm continuing to lose. I pulled some more pants out of storage that didn't fit a month ago, but fit now. They're a different cut although the same size as I have on now and they fit. I'm so amazed. Hopefully by the time they get to be too big, I'll have the income to buy ones that do.

Went for a stress-relieving walk yesterday. There isn't that much photographic beauty to be had this time of year, but the new ice is kind of interesting.

The color is the sky reflected and the contrast is from the reflection of two dead trees. I kind of dig it.
                5' 9" 47 YO F
                PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• That is an amazing picture! I love it!

How did the 3rd interview go? what is your area of work?

Comment

• thanks Jenn. I love the possibilities in ice. All kinds of texture and pattern. Am not heading out into it today though.

The 3rd interview/discussion went as well as the first two. She even told me I'd be a great fit in the job. It's not her decision though, so it goes to the Director from my 2nd conversation. Frankly, they'd be nuts not to hire me. I know that sounds arrogant, but in this case it's true. Anyway, the person I spoke w/today said I should be hearing from the HR person 'shortly'. Whatever that means. Hopefully hours, but more realistically, a day or two.

So the waiting begins anew. I talked with the person who recommended me for the job and she thinks the same as I do which is why she put me forward in the first place. I owe her big. But I gotta land it first.

To burn off some restless energy I swung the bell and did some TGUs. I think I'm ready for some one-handed swings with the 16kg bell and feel like I should work the 20kg bell in a bit, too. Still working with the 25lb dumbbell for the TGUs and it's still work, although less strenuous than before. When it gets easy I'll try doing them with the 16kg bell. I think it will be a while for that though.
                    5' 9" 47 YO F
                    PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• Well good luck with hearing from the HR lady. What kind of work would you be doing?

Comment

• Outside territory rep for New England for a technology company, managing a team of 3.

I'm wicked psyched and can't stop clicking my email tab every minute or so. Good thing hubby and I are going out tonight. It will take my mind off it. : )
                        5' 9" 47 YO F
                        PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• Yeah, I don't do IT stuff... beyond my desired use of brainpower. lol

Comment

• I've been in the IT reseller channel since 1993 and I know it well. This really is a perfect job in so many respects that I can't stand thinking about what I'll do if I don't get it. I think it's a slim chance that I won't, but nothing is ever certain, right?
                            5' 9" 47 YO F
                            PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• They're flying me to Atlanta next week for a face-to-face meeting!!

Ahem.
                              Yay me!!

Am wicked psyched.

Good thing all my professional clothes fit. I'd be mental if they didn't. Not that I think I could have pulled this off so far, but there it is. Now to go worry over my wardrobe.
                              5' 9" 47 YO F
                              PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• WOW! Contratulations!! Awesome! So excited for you! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X