No announcement yet.

Skinny girl to fat girl and back to skinny girl - for life

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, and I solved my belt problem. The pants I'm bringing on vaca (that now fit me) have no belt loops. I didn't notice at first, but then, voila - problem solved. Sweet.
    5' 9" 47 YO F
    PB start June 2, 2012
    Pre PB SW = 180 (no scale at home, Mom's scale January - 153lbs!)
    Current deadlift 245 lbs, squat 165 lbs, bench press 135 lbs

PB Journal

Comment

• Glad the belt issue is solved.

Your achilles pain, coupled with sciatic pain makes me think it's not achilles pain at all. I sometimes have achilles pain too (to the outside of the foot around the achilles and heel where the achilles ends... feels tight, tender to the touch). I went to my chiropractor who does this thing called Active Release Techniques to have her fix my achilles and she didn't even touch my foot. She worked my hips. Said my pain was "referred sciatic pain" caused by my glutes pinching the nerve. I didn't even know the sciatic traveled that far, but sure enough, she showed me a picture of the sciatic ending in the heel.

If you sciatic joint pain went away, that might also explain why your achilles doesn't hurt anymore. Glad you're feeling better, nonetheless.

Take any pictures recently?
      Primal since March 5, 2012
      SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• It could very well be. I had far less actual sacroiliac joint pain than I did Achilles tendon pain. And it was only one tendon recently. My body is so weird.

No pics lately. Just been uninspired. Will most likely break out of it when in California. Big Sur is such a tough place to take.
        5' 9" 47 YO F
        PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• Only one of mine hurts at a time too... but mine is caused by piriformis syndrome, where the tiny piriformis muscle in your butt has to do all the work of running b/c your other butt muscles are weak, then it gets angry, inflammed and pinches the nerve out of revenge... that piriformis is a spiteful little muscle.

Comment

• such weird stuff going on all the time that I wonder we function at all sometimes.

anyway...lawn is mowed, laundry is going and so is bacon! ah bacon...
            5' 9" 47 YO F
            PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• After lawn-mowing and laundry, I took a much-needed walk in the woods. Found this tiny wonder (1 inch tall) on an old, dead tree that has been down for ages. The light knocks me out.

Walked for a few hours. Felt good. Not hungry until I got home. Had some macadamia nuts and some salami and that should hold me until dinner. Even if it doesn't, hunger isn't so desperate anymore.
              5' 9" 47 YO F
              PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• Very pretty. I love your photography! Inspires me to get out there and learn how to use my danged camera! lol

Comment

• aww, thanks Jenn.
                  5' 9" 47 YO F
                  PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• Back from vacation.
                    Phew.

We did our usual round of wine-tasting at our favorite wineries, but also found a couple more to love.

Managed the minefield of restaurant food pretty well and ate as primally as we could. I'm sure we ingested some nasty oils and maybe even a few grains snuck in here and there, but apart from hubby's hangover one day, we felt pretty great all week. It was a remarkably low-fat week though and there was no butter in sight. Funny. Our last night there we cooked a meal in our hotel room. Chicken legs, zucchini, tomatoes and pork belly. All with just salt & pepper from those little packets. It was a riot. Pictures later.
                    5' 9" 47 YO F
                    PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• Glad you enjoyed your vacation! Look forward to the pictures.

Comment

• A couple ariels -

the approach to Salt Lake

And somewhere else...not a clue, but I LOVED the red dirt and the meandering river

I'm usually not looking out the window much on any flight, but sometimes I luck out.
                        5' 9" 47 YO F
                        PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• Wow! Beautiful shots!

Comment

• Thanks. I don't spend a lot of time looking out the window while flying, but I get lucky sometimes. On an approach to SEA/TAC at sunset the light caught the clouds and Mt. Rainier just right and wham...

The lenicular clouds are just a bonus. The flight attendant scolding me, was not.

Anyway, spending the day doing errands and fasting. I've never deliberately fasted before, but after last week it seems like a good idea to lighten up on food a little. I walked a pathetic 2 miles and could only swing the bell 5 minutes before my wrist started to bother me. Not sure if I've put on weight (no scale), but I'm not too worried. A week isn't going to ruin my life. I can still wear the pants I couldn't for the last few years. Now I just need to keep myself occupied until dinner. I find hunger much easier to manage if I have something else to think about or do.
                            5' 9" 47 YO F
                            PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

• Wow what a shot! I love it! Stupid flight attendants! Did you use your phone or an actual camera? I can see her being upset if it was a phone b/c phones are no allowed to be powered on during flight, but a camera shouldn't matter.

I'm experimenting with IF again. Breakfast and dinner only, hoping to stay in ketosis until Christmas. Potential is there to lose 12 or more pounds.

Comment

• It was a real camera, but since it had an off switch and the shut off electronics announcement had gone, I should have kept it stowed. Silly, really, but I got the shot. And the plane did not crash.

I may skip breakfast tomorrow since I have stuff to do. Somehow breakfast seems easier to deal with.
                                5' 9" 47 YO F
                                PB start June 2, 2012

PB Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X