No announcement yet.

Jac's Countdown to 50!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sookie Stackhouse books are my guilty pleasure.
    My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
      Sookie Stackhouse books are my guilty pleasure.
      Mine too! She makes me laugh out loud.

Still feeling like something the cat sicked up. I couldn't get my mood or energy out of the doldrums yesterday, and am taking pain relief again. I do have a plan, though - there's a great little herbal clinic down the road from the hospital. I'm at work today, so will head down there soon. They have a bunch of naturopaths who have had local training, and although their concoctions taste vile, they usually work. I'll check back when I've talked to them.
      Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• Good luck.
        My Journal

Comment

• Had a Matrix night last night, as you can tell from my signature .

Going to the clinic yesterday proved to be a bit embarrassing. I had a bit of a meltdown when the first guy I talked to didn't understand what I was saying and tried to sell me one of those body cleanses . Fortunately one of the herbalist women was there, and she rescued me. I have a 'brew' to take that includes herbs for killing off candida, improving detox, killing cravings, and improving bowel function. I'm not too sure about the latter - my gut is sensitive enough to have a real hissy fit about that! However, I'm giving it a try. The prescribed amount is 5ml, three times a day just before meals. However, she suggested that I start slowly and increase over time. I took the 5 ml last night, and blew up like a basketball! No pain, lots of gas. NO sugar cravings last night. I haven't taken it again this morning (there are limits to what I want to experience at work, lol), and will take about 3ml this evening. I think I'll stay with it until I've finished the whole 100ml bottle. No cravings this morning, either.

It's entirely possible that the detox was coming to a natural end anyway, and that's why I was able to think about how to get some help. I don't much care - the fact is that I feel better, and I'm not plotting how to access sugar and/or bread as I sit here. Awesome. I also just realised that I don't have a headache! Double awesome.

This clinic does a treatment called 'weed, seed and feed' to resolve IBS. It involves
          • Weed for identifying then removing allergic or intolerant foods, toxic gut bacteria, parasites and fungae
          • Seed for replacing with friendly bacteria species - correcting the 'dysbiosis'.
          • Feed for supplements and nutrients to assist repairing gut lining and liver cells.

I don't know whether I'll do that - it's a little scary. Their information sheet about what to eat is pretty much in line with PB, though, so that'd be OK. Interesting that they include olive oil, coconut oil etc, then say 'lean cuts of beef and skinless chicken' - weird.

Perhaps this time, the detox has been complete and successful. I'm ever hopeful.
          Started Feb 18 2011

Tried basic primal and almost everything else in pursuit of IBS control, mood stability, and weight loss.

Journalling here

Comment

• The old "animal fat is bad" mindset is incredibly hard for people to overcome. Even though many of the fatty acids found in beef fat are the same as the ones in coconut oil, people just can't get past it.

Still,the fact that they're recommending any saturated fat is an improvement eh?

Oh, I like the idea of using weed to control IBS, do you use a bong or a rollie?
            My Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by NourishedEm View Post
              Oh, I like the idea of using weed to control IBS, do you use a bong or a rollie?
              I'm thinking that the oil would be more paleo than the smoke

In other news, I forgot to say - I've had major dental work today, too. I chipped a molar a few weeks back, and finally went for a check-up last week. I've had a huge amalgam filling removed, and he found that the filling was 'leaking' and had decay under and around it. I think that may well have contributed to the horrible taste in my mouth lately! I have a bloody expensive crown going on this afternoon. I'm also thinking of getting my other fillings removed over the next year or so, because most of them are huge and date from one particularly vicious school dental nurse when I was 9 years old. Ye gods, that makes them 40 years old! Not surprising that they are breaking down.
              Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Comment

• Cautiously tiptoeing here - I think I feel good
                Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac View Post
                  I think I feel good
                  Yay

maybe it's the weed?
                  My musings

The old stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by Greensprout View Post
                    Yay

maybe it's the weed?
                    Snort!

I really hope it sticks Jac xx
                    My Journal

Comment

• You lot crack me up

Yep, it stuck (feeling good). I feel like I might be taking the whole 'healing' thing to another level - actually aiming for more than just an avoidance of symptoms. I've had an active weekend, with gardening and walking - enough that I have a sore butt from bending and pulling weeds. My energy levels are up, and my mood is good. I'm still getting bloating, but that is probably a mixture of the mandarins I keep eating and the herbs. I'll persist with them, as I think my ultimate aim at this stage is to improve my gut bacteria to the point where I can tolerate probiotics.

I can't believe I'm still 100% artificial sweetener-free!
                      Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Comment

• Well done you! Glad you're still feeling good too.
                        My Journal

Comment

• Crazy busy at the moment, and have been struggling a bit with motivation. Yesterday I had a miserable time - I went to Auckland to a workshop on how to fill out these stupid forms I'm working with, and the woman who ran it was waffly and confusing. I nearly cried. I binged on sugar.

This morning I have lots of energy and have been really focused. But I also know I have to do something more about the sugar problem. I took my herbs, like a good girl. I know for sure that the craving would go away if I drank a coke zero. That's the feeling I'm looking for, and the taste. Since I'm not going down that road again, my mind focuses on sugar and it's like I don't have an off switch.

So - lack of motivation, tiredness, mood in the dumps, bloating and sugar cravings. That's my life. Oh, and guilt because I have so much to do and I'm just not getting through it. Blech.

So far today I'm fasting. If I have time, I'm going to read JS Stanton's paper on hunger and see if I can spot a different approach. For now, my main (maybe my only) focus is on not going backwards and sucking down that diet drink.

I can totally see how I've caved all the other times I've tried to detox. This is hard work! It'll be worth it when I come out the other side, though
                          Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Comment

• Still here, still sweetener-free, making progress. The sugar demon still bites, but less often and less severely. Gotta love making progress
                            Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Comment

• Day 1 of detoxing was 15.10.12, so that must make this <mumble mumble> day 25. Woohoo

I've done really badly in the other areas of primal, but I think after all this time I can safely say I'm off the aspartame. And it was pretty horrible coming off it!! Now, however, I'm just letting stress take over my life and I'm being lazy with my eating. Like today - I'm tired and had lots to do, so I had a couple of pork balls for lunch, then followed that with a doughnut. Yup. I'm a dumbass .

So this is me, refocusing again. I'm sleeping better for not having any coke in my system, and overall I'm more energetic. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't jump into the next whole 30 right now. Well, it's evening so I can't claim today as day 1, so that will be tomorrow.

I'm just going for steady, PHD-style eating, with safe starches and some fruit. As a definite upside, I don't seem to have quite the problem with fruit I used to have - maybe an overall lessening of the inflammation??

I'm not weighing. At all.
                              Started Feb 18 2011

Journalling here

Comment

• Originally posted by Jac View Post
                                Day 1 of detoxing was 15.10.12, so that must make this <mumble mumble> day 25. Woohoo

I've done really badly in the other areas of primal, but I think after all this time I can safely say I'm off the aspartame. And it was pretty horrible coming off it!! Now, however, I'm just letting stress take over my life and I'm being lazy with my eating. Like today - I'm tired and had lots to do, so I had a couple of pork balls for lunch, then followed that with a doughnut. Yup. I'm a dumbass .

So this is me, refocusing again. I'm sleeping better for not having any coke in my system, and overall I'm more energetic. I don't see any reason why I shouldn't jump into the next whole 30 right now. Well, it's evening so I can't claim today as day 1, so that will be tomorrow.

I'm just going for steady, PHD-style eating, with safe starches and some fruit. As a definite upside, I don't seem to have quite the problem with fruit I used to have - maybe an overall lessening of the inflammation??

I'm not weighing. At all.
                                Oh well done on ditching the aspartame, hope you've had a good day.
                                Annie Ups the Ante
                                http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread117711.html

Comment

Working...
                                X