Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All Grok'ed up...... with pleasure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Yesterday was a good day
    had veggies and meat that we cooked as kabobs for lunch yesterday.
    then an apple for snack
    went for a 3.6 mile walk/jog/pushup session
    came home fixed 3 eggs and some grapes

    My puppy is acting really weird. It's gotta be all the strange weather we've had around here - he seems to be really sensitive to change, and since we were gone for a week I don't suppose it makes it better. With DS now working our schedules are unpredictable and I'm not sure if that is adding to the issue My little girl dog is fine so I'm sure it's not something that they ate.
    He is older too, 8 years old. He is my Big man and I worry about the littlest things when he isn't being himself.

    Today I am going to take my boiled eggs and some ham and pickles with creamed cheese. i will be studying today and from now until Fall Semester - I have A&PII which is basically Gross Anatomy and I want to brush up on my terminology and go over some of the chapters we didn't in the previous course.
    I wil also be starting a respiratory care class the first of many. i am so excited

    Comment


    • #77
      Weight is coming back down At 186 even this morning.

      Like I said I only gained 2 lbs while on the cruise and the fact that I am moving back downward and am headed towards TOM is amazing to me. I do believe eating and being in this lifestyle has helped my body realize it can let go of unneeded and unhealthy fat. Unhealthy b/c I am still overweight.

      Yesterday was pertty good - I have been sticking to boiled eggs for breakfast and if I'm hungry i will grab some almonds or sunflower seeds. All meat and veggies for dinner and I make sure I have my fruit every day.

      I just can't believe the success I am having and not hungry. I'm not going to lie, some days it is hard. I get that sweet tooth, but I will not settle for artificial crap I will eat real chocolate!

      I went on my cruise and thought to myself I was going to have a hard time. I didn't, b/c I wasn't hungry like I used to be I ate when i was hungry and that was it. I did not need snacks to tide me over or dessert after dinner. It was really liberating knowing i could eat all the meats and veggies I wanted and forget the pastas and other stuff and only have one plate and be satisfied. it was amazing watching other people go back for plate after plate.

      I have learned that my body does have a negative reaction white flour, and anything battered and fried. I get severe heartburn. if I eat artificial processed sweeteners (including stevia, yes it is processed those crystals don't come off the plant naturally) I get digestive problems. Since I have been doing this I have not had ANY issues as far as digestive issues including constipation, which I used to get when I was on Atkins.

      i want to warn anyone reading my journal (if any) I will be in and out less frquently in the coming months. My Fall semester of school is coming up in August and it will be consuming physically and mentally. I will continue to do my hikes and occasional P90X plyo/cardio sessions. I will checfk in occassionally, but I will be alive

      OH BTW puppy is doing better

      Comment


      • #78
        Back to pre-Cruise weight yesterday. 184.5
        Pretty proud of myself

        Comment


        • #79
          Yeah! Great job!
          1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
          2. Eat to heal
          3. Move to live
          4. Embrace today
          5. Live with intention
          6. Respect my body
          7. Cultivate joy
          8. Find my passion
          9. Meditate on peace in my soul

          Comment


          • #80
            hey, just checking some of the logs since im pretty new here (just started a log to, great idea). Looks like your working your butt off to hit your goals. Can I ask why are you hiding the fact you IF'ing?

            Richard
            It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

            Comment


            • #81
              I'm not hiding it on here. In' fact I know it actually gives the digestive tract a rest and I operate better when i don't sit down to a heavy breakfast and have aalight lunch or none at all then a great dinner with veggies.
              I do not voice it out loud at home. I live in the mid Southern US, here I was raised to believe breakfast was the most important meal of the day, you should have lunch at 12pm and Dinner by 5:30 each meal would include some type of pasta or bread. And sweet tea is always available. When I say sweet tea I mean 1.5Cups of sugar to 1 gallon of tea.
              So when I - IF, I don't let people know because it gives me the option to not be rude to those southerners who just don't get it.
              I don't drink sweet tea, but I could if I wanted to. I don't eat bread because of the grains and flour, but try explaing that to someone who has spent all day in the kitchen making homemade rolls drenched in Butter.
              it's easier to explain you've just eaten at home and no thanks you are stuffed, instead of trying to explain the scientific nature of the effect of insulin on the body and it's endocrine system. kwim? and that what i am doing has worked and I'm probably on my way to a better me. most of the time people who are pushing food are fat and unhealthy - misery loves company.

              Comment


              • #82
                well said!
                1. Love ME no matter what noises are screaming at me, or who is trying to tear me down.
                2. Eat to heal
                3. Move to live
                4. Embrace today
                5. Live with intention
                6. Respect my body
                7. Cultivate joy
                8. Find my passion
                9. Meditate on peace in my soul

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by cmlloyd View Post
                  I'm not hiding it on here. In' fact I know it actually gives the digestive tract a rest and I operate better when i don't sit down to a heavy breakfast and have aalight lunch or none at all then a great dinner with veggies.
                  I do not voice it out loud at home. I live in the mid Southern US, here I was raised to believe breakfast was the most important meal of the day, you should have lunch at 12pm and Dinner by 5:30 each meal would include some type of pasta or bread. And sweet tea is always available. When I say sweet tea I mean 1.5Cups of sugar to 1 gallon of tea.
                  So when I - IF, I don't let people know because it gives me the option to not be rude to those southerners who just don't get it.
                  I don't drink sweet tea, but I could if I wanted to. I don't eat bread because of the grains and flour, but try explaing that to someone who has spent all day in the kitchen making homemade rolls drenched in Butter.
                  it's easier to explain you've just eaten at home and no thanks you are stuffed, instead of trying to explain the scientific nature of the effect of insulin on the body and it's endocrine system. kwim? and that what i am doing has worked and I'm probably on my way to a better me. most of the time people who are pushing food are fat and unhealthy - misery loves company.
                  Definately well said. People in restaurants give me funny looks when I say no to bread. I was down south in Cornwall a couple of weeks ago, and whilst my step daughter was surfing I nipped into the surf cafe with my wife and ordered scrambled egg with salmon, out it came with bread (even though I had asked for it to be left out). I left the breadand ate the rest before going out to take pics of my step daughter surfing. When I left a women turned to my wife making comment that I looked in great shape, but why wasnt I eating bread. My wife had to resist going into a long speel about grains their effects on insulin, our bodies not being genetically programmed to digest them etc etc....but she didnt. You just smile. Either that or settle down for a long explanation that you know might not change their way of thinking.

                  Richard
                  It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Thanks Tomi!
                    Richard =
                    That's funny you mention that - I was in a restaraunt the other day asked for my burger lettuce wrapped no fries just a side salad - here comes my wonderful meal & salad with crutons. CRUTONS. (dried bread pieces) on top of my salad. I just picked them off and left them on the plate as usual. I didn't offer to explain it, I only get an hour for lunch, lol.

                    Today has gone pretty well:

                    Morning snack - 2 boiled eggs
                    Lunch - 1/2 chicken breast w/zucchini and squash with sauteed mushrooms and onions & a plum
                    Dinner - probably Pork Chops fried in butter and some veggies TBD.
                    I may have some cherries for dessert

                    i plan on going for a walk when i get home - I feel the need to stretch my legs and do some push ups. well, not so much the push ups, but I'm gonna do them anyway.

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      i did not go walking yesterday we had a wicked storm roll through. So I gave my doggies a bath
                      I came home and the hubs had the pork chops already being fried up and served with two eggs and grapes for dessert!
                      a perfect dinner!
                      If the weather cooperates today I plan on taking my walk - i am getting antsy to the point where I am not sleeping well. I woke up like 500x lastnight. ugh.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by cmlloyd View Post
                        Thanks Tomi!
                        Richard =
                        That's funny you mention that - I was in a restaraunt the other day asked for my burger lettuce wrapped no fries just a side salad - here comes my wonderful meal & salad with crutons. CRUTONS. (dried bread pieces) on top of my salad. I just picked them off and left them on the plate as usual. I didn't offer to explain it, I only get an hour for lunch, lol.
                        Yeh iv been there. I was at our local fair (lots of tractors, sheep, horse events etc etc). I went looking for the stall selling the Bison burgers. I gound it and asked for one, but with no bun. The guy serving looked really confused, and asked "so just the burger itself....??" I love it when that happens. I was out with my wife last week. I explained we dont eat bread/wheat etc etc, so it was all going well. They swapped some bruchetta type thing for salad, all yummy. then came the pudding, a light fluffy flour based pudding. haha

                        Richard
                        It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          OH BUT SIR FLOUR ISN'T WHEAT!!! AAAHHHHHHH!
                          Those are the people that make me want to hit them up side the head with the Primal Blueprint book and hope that it transfers some sense by force. goobers.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Hi CM. Sounds like you have been doing really well. Congratulations!
                            5'2", 55 years, Primal since April. Pre-Primal weight loss, from 216.6 to 157.8
                            Primal low: 140.2 (Dec. 3) Goal weight: 135?
                            Main Primal goal: beating back my CFS enough to function more normally and start writing again

                            More and more, our life has been governed by specialists, who know too little of what lies outside their province to be able to know enough about what takes place within it.
                            - Lewis Mumford

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by cmlloyd View Post
                              OH BUT SIR FLOUR ISN'T WHEAT!!! AAAHHHHHHH!
                              Those are the people that make me want to hit them up side the head with the Primal Blueprint book and hope that it transfers some sense by force. goobers.
                              Haha I just smile and decline it. I know that once I start explaining it I wont be able to stop.

                              Richard
                              It isn't the mountains ahead that wear you out....Its the grain of sand in your shoe.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Hey judg I have been trying to do well. i was surprised to see that I didn't gain more on my cruise. For some reason I have been struck with a lazy streak here the last few days. I didn't get to do my walk yesterday either. We have these workers on our road cutting the hanging limbs and they have been there from sun up to sun down. We live out in the sticks and our road is pretty long - Don't do stupid stuff. Walking by yourself, female, long country road, with a group of workers all male (stupid).

                                Well I got an A in my summer sociology class. YAY!

                                IF'ing today till dinner. well I am taking in lemon water. I did bring almonds just in case. I am trying to get the rest of the crappiness out of my body from this past weekend and the cruise. I have also been studying and reviewing info for when i start my fall classes. So things will start picking up and I will be on here a lot less but I'm smarter this fall.....I am able to predict what is and isn;t primal foods so I can prepare and not resort to Hot Pockets lol.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X