No announcement yet.

No pretending to like tofu any more!: Eric's primal transformation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't posted here in 3 years! I just read my last post. Ah, I wish I was still worried about being plateaued at 205. As I said in my last post, I moved back to the US. I entered a PhD program and between the availability of junk food and the stress of the program and life in the US, I am now back up to 260 pounds and quite sedentary. I recommitted to paleo/primal a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving (and stayed on during Thanksgiving!). I didn't weigh myself then, but I know I've lost some weight because my pants fit a little better. I also know that I really need to start exercising for better weight loss and for my health. I am working full-time now and have a 50 minute commute each way and have a 5 year old, so I don't have a lot of time to go to a gym. I'm looking for something to get me started that I can do at home. I think I've settled for the moment on DDP yoga. It is pretty cheesy, but the fundamentals of moving isometric exercise along with stretching and balance makes sense. Then I'll likely add in kettlebell work. Fingers crossed I keep it up and continue posting.
    My primal journal

Comment

• I did DDP yoga for the first time yesterday. The Energy workout. It was quite easy, even though I've largely been inactive for 3 years, so I'll probably ramp up quickly to one of the tougher workouts. I may also try doing DDP yoga on one day and kettlebells the next.

I finally seem to be back on track with eating paleo. I'm not losing much weight, but I do feel better. I'm hoping the added activity will help with the weight loss.
      My primal journal

Comment

• Welcome back Eric. The positive side of your story is that you know you can do it, and you know the benefits of doing so. I trust you will make solid progress on all fronts. Keep posting, assuming the new, not so improved forum site will stay up.
        The Buck stops here. I am responsible for my past and my future. So for today: I choose to be happy. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rig D View Post
          Welcome back Eric. The positive side of your story is that you know you can do it, and you know the benefits of doing so. I trust you will make solid progress on all fronts. Keep posting, assuming the new, not so improved forum site will stay up.
          Thanks Rig. I take it the new forum is not so stable?

You're right. I know that it can work, and I know how much better I felt when I was in shape, so it isn't really an unknown experiment like it was the first time around. The other side of it being my second time around is that things are moving slower this time. But the reality is that I haven't been exercising as much as I did the first time, so I think that's a big source of difference.
          My primal journal

Comment

Working...
          X