Nixxy's home

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yodiewan View Post
    You most certainly did not lose it! You have a very nice posterior chain :-)
    Woah that was weird, we posted at the same time!

If I can keep my 100kg squat PR and get my weight down to 70kg, I'll be so stoked. It's my main mission. Then once I get there, I want to aim for a 120kg squat PR. But maintaining my current PR while I keep losing is current priority
    Current weight lost: 82.9lb (37.6kg)

Current PRs:
    Bench: 45kg/99lb
    Squat: 100kg/220lb
    Deadlift: 120kg/265lb

My blog
    My journal

Comment

• Originally posted by nixxy View Post
      Woah that was weird, we posted at the same time!

If I can keep my 100kg squat PR and get my weight down to 70kg, I'll be so stoked. It's my main mission. Then once I get there, I want to aim for a 120kg squat PR. But maintaining my current PR while I keep losing is current priority
      Damn girl, I'd be happy with a 100kg squat too
      If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
      If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

• Regarding the post about people letting weights fall to the floor without control: When I do dumbbell bench press, if I start from the floor with the weight I deadlift them up, tuck them into my hips, sit with them on my thighs and lower myself back onto the bench. Heavy or light weight, when I finish, I always sit up with it, stand, and go through the reverse motion of a deadlift to put the weights on the floor.

It annoys me (and I feel a bit superior) when I see guys struggling with less weight who then proceed to let it fall or essentially throw it to the floor upon finishing or failing to complete a rep. I don't care if we have rubber mats. That's uncalled for...now watch me do it properly with more weight and for more sets and reps. Muhahaha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Misabi View Post
          Damn girl, I'd be happy with a 100kg squat too
          These big thighs gotta be good for somethin' right!!

Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
          Regarding the post about people letting weights fall to the floor without control: When I do dumbbell bench press, if I start from the floor with the weight I deadlift them up, tuck them into my hips, sit with them on my thighs and lower myself back onto the bench. Heavy or light weight, when I finish, I always sit up with it, stand, and go through the reverse motion of a deadlift to put the weights on the floor.

It annoys me (and I feel a bit superior) when I see guys struggling with less weight who then proceed to let it fall or essentially throw it to the floor upon finishing or failing to complete a rep. I don't care if we have rubber mats. That's uncalled for...now watch me do it properly with more weight and for more sets and reps. Muhahaha!
          Hahahaha that's the kind of internal dialogue I have at the gym too

Current PRs:

My blog
          My journal

Comment

• Almost freaking out lately because this all just seems too easy now

Current PRs:

My blog
            My journal

Comment

• La la la still in keto land.

Actually have been kicked out recently so trying to get back adapted.

Current PRs:

My blog
              My journal

Comment

• Dunno if you went to the blog where the article/poll was cited but this was #1: "78% of men would rather date a confident plus-size woman than an insecure supermodel."

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
                  Dunno if you went to the blog where the article/poll was cited but this was #1: "78% of men would rather date a confident plus-size woman than an insecure supermodel."
                  That makes it even worse.

Why are we teaching people to value an external opinion of your image (and we all know for women image=worth)?
                  There will always be some male who finds any given female unattractive.
                  Teaching women to value mens opinions of their appearance first and foremost is setting them up for a life of disappointment and unhappiness.

Current PRs:

My blog
                  My journal

Comment

• Nice answer nixxy.

I don't know how anyone reading your journal could think that you're aiming for the skinny waif or super model look, especially just to please a man or the view of men taken from a survey
                    If you're interested in my (very) occasional updates on how I'm working out and what I'm eating click here.

Originally posted by tfarny
                    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/

Comment

That makes it even worse.

Why are we teaching people to value an external opinion of your image (and we all know for women image=worth)?
                      There will always be some male who finds any given female unattractive.
                      Teaching women to value mens opinions of their appearance first and foremost is setting them up for a life of disappointment and unhappiness.
                      Absolutely agree! Glad you hear you don't need validation from the outside. Your worth is internal. Bravo!

Comment

• I posted that because I thought it was a positive thing saying that the majority of men are attracted more by who a woman is as a person and less about how she looks. Did I read it wrong? :-/

Comment

• Were you saying men are more attracted to a woman who is confident (regardless of her size) than a woman who is insecure about it? I originally read it as something along the lines of 'you catch more flies with confident honey than insecure honey'. Pardon my assumptions if they were incorrect.

I suppose that does indicate something about the kind of person she is rather than how she looks. The problem is often that some never take the opportunity to find out who a woman is because they can't get past her size or confidence level to truly find out. As Nix said, there are those that just aren't attracted to larger, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by WaylandC View Post
                            I posted that because I thought it was a positive thing saying that the majority of men are attracted more by who a woman is as a person and less about how she looks. Did I read it wrong? :-/
                            I know why you posted it and I know why you think it's positive but my issue with it is that again, it's placing a women's worth/happiness in the hands of men. Who cares if men find bigger women more attractive? What about smaller women? I'm basically saying women need to stop caring so much about what is "ideal" and "desirable" because that's no way to get happiness, you'll never be perfect in the eyes of everyone, so please yourself.

Current PRs:

My blog
                            My journal

Comment

I know why you posted it and I know why you think it's positive but my issue with it is that again, it's placing a women's worth/happiness in the hands of men. Who cares if men find bigger women more attractive? What about smaller women? I'm basically saying women need to stop caring so much about what is "ideal" and "desirable" because that's no way to get happiness, you'll never be perfect in the eyes of everyone, so please yourself.
                              This is so true! Who gives a flying fig what other people think about what we look like or how we act. True happiness and acceptance come from within!

Comment

• When a person reaches a level of personal happiness/satisfaction that shows outwardly it attracts people, not just potential mates.

I thought it was just reassuring that no matter a person's current physical condition they can be liked as well as anyone else as long as they aren't a sh*tty person.

I like to think we're on the same page with all of this and we're just saying it in different ways. I know that the only thing that matters is a person's self-worth. We can be loved and adored by countless people but if we don't love ourselves, what's the point?

Comment

Working...
                                X