No announcement yet.

Journal of a Primal CO Girl

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Less than two weeks until I finally get my test and can go back to paleo for good.

Been checking out recipes on Pinterest and I know I'm ready for paleo because I have been breezing over those cupcake recipes without a second thought.
    Healthy Bucket List:
    • Summit all of Colorado's 14-ers
    • Hike the Appalachian Trail
    • Do a real pull-up
    • Run a 5k
    • Be "Hot For Training Camp"

Check out my journey at Outdoor Amy's Blog.

Comment

Starting a 21 Day Pick Your Poison Paleo Challenge with friends (and some strangers) on Facebook - (In case anyone wants to join us, here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/504561269619821) . . .

Since I check facebook more often than I do paleo forums I hope this support and shared experience will make the 21 day elimination phase of my return to paleo a bit easier. It starts one week from today.

Only 6 more days until I get my endoscopy testing - but the last couple days have been pretty mild symptom wise, so I'm starting to worry that I won't get an accurate diagnosis, despite eating crap food for two months now. That would break my heart. I'm going back to paleo after the tests, regardless - but I'm just praying for an accurate diagnosis.
      Healthy Bucket List:
      • Do a real pull-up
      • Run a 5k

Comment

Oh - And I went to the natural foods store down the road and stocked up on some serious goodies in preparation for my healing diet starting a week from today:

Ghee
        Cultured pastured butter (it's the first dairy I plan to reintroduce)
        Gluten free full spectrum sea salt (shockingly, not all brands are certified gluten free, and since celiac is still on the table, I've got to be careful with even my seasonings)
        Wild caught salmon and cod
        Canned wild caught tuna and salmon
        Pastured chicken
        Grassfed ground beef
        Coconut butter
        Raw macadamia nuts (these are the first nut I plan to reintroduce)

I plan to get my veggies and fruit when I go to pick up the prep at the supermarket pharmacy. (MoviPrep, doesn't that sound lovely? :/)

I also ordered the GAPs recommend probiotic, MCT-oil (because I have no gallbladder), and fermented cod liver oil. I just hope they arrive in good shape and my landlord can get them to be quickly - with the summer heat I'm worried that if any of them sit on the stoop for too long they will go bad.
        Healthy Bucket List:
        • Do a real pull-up
        • Run a 5k

Comment

Decided to start a new journal for this journey. Since my circumstances have changed from my first post in this log significantly and over a year has passed - I think it's time to start a new log not just about my weight loss (which is why I originally started primal eating) but also my gut healing and just general health overhaul.
          Healthy Bucket List:
          • Do a real pull-up
          • Run a 5k

Comment

See you in the new journal. I did the same.
            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
            X