No announcement yet.

Saga of a Mad God

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eh, I think it has more to do with people always subconsciously thinking of me as a child. Don't get me wrong, it works in my favour often enough as well (people always give me free stuff and seem to buy it when I act innocent) but it's sometimes annoying when you have a point to get across.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Every once in a while I start to suspect that I have some sort of super cognitive dissonance/split personality disorder.
      In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• No worries, I think I do too
        I think you just have to consistently give great advice or say something really profound every time you switch into "adult mode." Works for me after people get to know me.
        My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• It's not something like childish/mature. I don't know quite how to explain it but it feels like a split personality disorder without the memory loss.

Comment

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
            No worries, I think I do too
            I think you just have to consistently give great advice or say something really profound every time you switch into "adult mode." Works for me after people get to know me.
            Oops, I thought that was a reply to the split personality thing, not the people thinking of me as a kid thing. No,
            while my personality does change from time to time I generally don't act terribly childish.

I think it's a combination of people trying to write off what I say (it's similar to when you guys get brushed off as having a good metabolism after losing weight the non CW way) and me having quite a few neotenous features. This creates a subconscious assumption that people can treat me like a kid.
            Last edited by Alex Good; 10-08-2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• So does anyone else want Once upon a time to end with Emma and the Evil Queen becoming lesbians?

Comment

• Wow. If I didn't work out my shoulders would actually be narrower than my hips. Shoulder press ftw.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
                  Oops, I thought that was a reply to the split personality thing, not the people thinking of me as a kid thing. No,
                  while my personality does change from time to time I generally don't act terribly childish.

I think it's a combination of people trying to write off what I say (it's similar to when you guys get brushed off as having a good metabolism after losing weight the non CW way) and me having quite a few neotenous features. This creates a subconscious assumption that people can treat me like a kid.
                  Nah, it was in response to your split personality problem. But that really does suck. I am Asian, look young, and have been mistaken for a high schooler many times, so I feel your pain.
                  My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• I'm actually trying out a new beard that makes my chin look a bit bigger to see if it helps. If I keep going with my strength training then my shoulders should get a bit bigger too. Well, I say that but my dad had narrow shoulders even when he was roided up and could snap people in two. So, yeah. I might be toast. And we all know how horrible toast is.

Comment

• Wait a minute, what am I complaining for? Being underestimated is a good thing!

Comment

• I have just met a woman with fangs and yellow eyes.

Comment

• Okay, my past statements about not having any childlike personality traits may have been erroneous. As it turns out I either giggle or grin whenever I'm being naughty (that term is not restricted to sexual things, gutterminds).

Comment

• if you knew how hard it was to disturb me you'd pat yourself on the back for that one

....10 hour giggling marathons....
                            beautiful
                            yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                            lol

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodorchid View Post
                              if you knew how hard it was to disturb me you'd pat yourself on the back for that one

....10 hour giggling marathons....
                              I get too into it and only really giggle at the start and end. And really masturbation isn't really that "naughty" so I only giggle when I do it in a public place. Now if you sat next to me in class then THAT would disturb you.

Comment

• smh, alex. smh.
                                beautiful
                                yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                                lol

Comment

Working...
                                X