Saga of a Mad God

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sakura_girl View Post
    No offense, but how old are you and what is your ethnicity? It's pretty cool that you're into anime, especially ones by Takahashi. What exactly is it about these anime compared to others that really appeal to you?
    21 And mostly Irish with a bit of Scottish, Norwegian, German and English mixed in. And I've never really thought about what I like about those two specifically. I know I like swords and gender bending makes me laugh like crazy but the romantic side of them is what really makes for a complete story.
    In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
      21 And mostly Irish with a bit of Scottish, Norwegian, German and English mixed in. And I've never really thought about what I like about those two specifically. I know I like swords and gender bending makes me laugh like crazy but the romantic side of them is what really makes for a complete story.
      Haha I found Kagome to be incredibly annoying and stopped with Inuyasha after like the 15th book. She doesn't grate on your nerves? =S

I did like Ranma 1/2 for a long time, too, though. It is pretty hilarious...kind of fell off the wagon after all the situations started melding together though...

Any other anime/manga that you've liked in the past?
      My chocolatey Primal journey

Unusual food recipes (plus chocolate) blog

Comment

• I started reading Black Cat and Rurouni Kenshin years ago but never really finished them. Outside of Takahashi's works I don't really know of too many really good ones. I'll read whatever seems to be interesting on the surface (1/2 Prince and Bleach recently but bleach got a bit repetitive) but I haven't found anything really great yet. Any suggestions?
        In all of the universe there is only one person with your exact charateristics. Just like there is only one person with everybody else's characteristics. Effectively, your uniqueness makes you pretty average.

Comment

• Fullmetal Alchemist and Death Note, the first arc only, are some of my favorites. They're not as perverted, though; not sure if you were looking for a taste of that ;P

I'm also loyal to Naruto; I just want the damn manga to finish so that i can move on. It's not that bad, but it drags a lot towards the middle-end. Not as much as Bleach, though (I quit this one a long time ago!).

Gender-bender-wise, you might like Akane Chan Overdrive because it has some romance mixed in with Ranma 1/2-style humor. It's a pretty short series, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Alex Good View Post
            Also while this post appears to be calmly written I am in reality fangirl squealing.
            How much fangirl squealing are you doing while this young lady talks about anime?
            If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

• Originally posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
              How much fangirl squealing are you doing while this young lady talks about anime?
              My bet is it's gone up several levels to "fangirl squealing, panting, and fanning self".
              There may even have been some "like OMG's" thrown in for good measure.

**when I picture a brawny 19y/o kid doing this it makes me chuckle**
              “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche
              And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
                My bet is it's gone up several levels to "fangirl squealing, panting, and fanning self".
                There may even have been some "like OMG's" thrown in for good measure.

**when I picture a brawny 19y/o kid doing this it makes me chuckle**
                Most of my friends have been girls. As such I've picked up some decidedly feminine mannerisms.

And I don't start panting or fanning myself unless I'm actually reading the damned thing.

Comment

• Urgh! I've made a horrible chocolatey mistake!

Comment

• Please tell me it's not because you read one of the recommended mangas and were disappointed.

Comment

Please tell me it's not because you read one of the recommended mangas and were disappointed.
                      No, I just really wanted chocolate. And I just happened to find toblerone on sale. And then I found my favourite cake at one of the best local restaurants. And lindor chocolates. There's more but I went into a delirium and can't remember.
                      Last edited by Alex Good; 10-02-2012, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• oh, lol. I thought I was the only one with chocolate issues...

Comment

• So apparently I might be a chimera. I supposedly absorbed my twin before birth and I have the patches of different coloured body hair which are supposed to be a symptom. Specifically I have mostly brown body hair but I also have patches of blond scattered around.

Comment

• Hey I just started reading that Akane-chan overdrive manga. I would be soooooooo pissed if I died in a pathetic way like that. I mean, it's gotta be either violent or kinky.

Comment

• Lol it'll get kinky soon, no worries

Comment

Lol it'll get kinky soon, no worries
                                I meant I want my death to be kinky. Like getting decapitated by a sign while having sex on a motorcycle. Or maybe a failed acrobatic sexual move. But kinky stories are funnier so it's good that it will be so.

Comment

Working...
                                X