No announcement yet.

Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While embarrassing, and at first slightly traumatic, voluntarily committing myself was certainly not such a bad idea... even though it was my husbands(because obviously it would have been really f*ing awkward if he had to call and have one of his buddies involuntarily cuff me and do it, LOL... even though somehow that was never said out loud) and I was very resistant to it. It was quite an enlightening week, and very helpful in the end.

See there... I spilled the can of beans.

Just rip the old band-aid off in one swipe, real simple like.
    It's easiest that way.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• I didn't want anyone to get the idea that I was advocating paying the guy that I posted the article from for his program... just maybe looking at the free info on the blog posts that he has available if it's relevant to your situation... like if you are an emotional eater or some such.

For instance, I don't have much of an issue with emotional eating anymore(though it does happen every once in a while still but with mostly primal sweets like macaroons or something marginal like nutella), but I do have depression and anxiety and I just listened to one of his pod-casts that I found relevant to those in addition to food issues...
      TRB009: 10 Steps to Achieving Fulfillment in Life and Avoiding Food and Exercise Addiction - The Rebooted Body
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• That was an interesting article. I already knew that when my head is really fucked, there's no point in trying to lose weight, but I didn't realize that when it's only kinda fucked, it's still getting in my way.

Ya know- I think the hardest part about knowing yourself is knowing when to throw in the towel and seek a professional. I'm too stubborn to be there yet. I'm glad it worked for you, though.
        http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Oh, Cori - *hugs*. Glad you're on the mend/were brave enough to ask for help.
          I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Thanks for the article. So true, I have been Primal going on three years. I lost 65, regained 40, lost 30, regained 10 etc. I find that I am tempted to pay for his program. I am that desperate, but it will have to wait due to finances.

I'm proud of you for everything you have done for yourself, brave lady.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I'm getting drunk tonight.

Shitty fucking drunk.

I normally have 1, maybe 2 normal 1 shot drinks... tonight I'm on my 3rd 1 and 1/2 shot drink.
              They are lovely tasting... Kracken Dark n' Stormys.
              Kracken black spiced rum 1.5 shots in a tall iced filled glass, a tiny can of seagram's ginger ale, and a shot of my ginger concentrate.
              I don't normally ever drink beyond my 1-2 drinks in a months time...
              And I'm on 4.5 shots and on medications that aren't really "drink" friendly.

I may puke before I sleep.
              I don't care.
              My face is pretty numb.

Things have come to light in my personal life that are unpleasant...
              I'm not sure how to deal with it right now and it's going to take some time.
              I know that dealing with it with alcohol is inappropriate... but right now, for this one night, I really don't give a shit.
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Oh, sweets. *hugs*
                Coping mechanisms are still coping.
                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

• Also... note... I have not eaten today. Not a damn thing. Except for my normal tall iced coffee this morning this morning.

Why, because I'm brilliant that's why.

You have no idea the number of back spaces it's taking to make any sense at all of this.
                  I cry in a silent rolling of stupid silent tears and I stop and and then they suddenly appear again.
                  I want another drink... I wish I would puke.
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Thinking of you.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Me too.
                      Depression Lies

Comment

• *non painful hugs* Deal how you need to deal.
                        Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                        My Latest Journal

Comment

• Hugs cori

Comment

• Gentle forehead

Sometimes you just gotta get out of your head. Alcohol serves that well. Feel better, baby.
                            "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

• Hooooray for drunken posting!

Or not...
                              (To think of how hard I worked at carefully typing those sentences, multiple times, and I still mangled them!)

I did eventually puke- up a bunch of words that are usually stuffed down and hidden. Horribly honest words that would normally be too hard for me to say out loud with any sort of force to get their meaning across.
                              Normally I'm the turtle, whispering and fearful, and all 'never mind' if you don't quite hear me or get my meaning.
                              Last night I roared and poured forth.
                              Alcohol is good at making one thing or another come up isn't it?

Still not sure where it has me... progress maybe?
                              Also still "fasting".
                              Water and my tall coffee this morning.
                              My husband will probably flip his lid if I don't eat again tonight.
                              That seems like a perfectly good reason to me at this point to do just that.
                              I have a massage scheduled today.
                              I need it.
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Don't worry they was understandable(ish)....

A friend of mine used call alcohol 'the truth drug', cuz of the things he'd say hammered, which he wouldn't sober!

Good luck with the massage.

Comment

Working...
                                X