No announcement yet.

Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've been MIA around here, so I'm just getting caught up.

You have my sympathy, and I'm glad your husband is there to help you. Support is priceless.

PM me if you want a phone number or e-mail so you can vent. Sometimes it helps.
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

Comment

• Tonight husband and I went over to Ybor for some dinner, drinks, and cigars.

Dinner for me was my favorite Mussels in Thai coconut curry sauce and a side of still kinda crisp, garlicky, green beans, which I dump into the sauce too once I get a few of those plump juicy mussels out of the way. Ohhhh, it's heaven in a bowl! I really need to figure out how to whip that one up at home... it cannot be all that hard. I was putting my thinking cap on while eating it tonight to try and deconstruct the flavors and formulate the recipe in my head while eating it tonight.
      I had a nice glass of cider with it.

We walked down the strip a bit then up again to our favorite cigar shop/bar and picked out some smokes, then settled in on the outdoor patio with a cappuccino to enjoy the evening. Chatted with some of the other smokers. Had a nice time.
      It was a really good night.

Now.
      WATCH THESE!!!

Scary robot, Asimov style... creeeeeeepy. You need to see it.
      For serious.

I can't help to think that he almost had her there for a minute, and then he went just a little too far.
      Ooooopsie!

And this right here makes the writers of the Walking Dead look like complete idiots.
      This is how to write a real zombie plot with FEELS.

I didn't quite love this as much as that poor, poor, lonely robotses though.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• No, really people... those shorts are all up in the FEELS!
        You really should watch.

You know what else is all up in the feels?
        I lost my f*($!#% Oakleys last night. *SOB*
        I've had that beloved pair of Oaks for like 6 yearssssssssssssssss man.
        Yeah... Ima whine all about it. Cause now I have to go get a pair of cheapos until I can drag my poor butt down to Orlando to find me a new pair of proper sunglasses that I REALLY like.
        Last edited by cori93437; 08-15-2013, 03:47 PM.
        “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
          No, really people... those shorts are all up in the FEELS!
          You really should watch.
          sorry, I only have the energy to feel contempt at the moment. I will watch them later though, promise

Comment

• Rant time...

This morning I woke up and weighed myself and BOOM!
            Holy smokes. Is that really what the scale says... new low! And I'm happy about this one.
            I rolled into the kitchen in my t-shirt and cute little plaid cheeky boy shortish underpants, pulled my shirt up to just under the boobs and did a little dance in a circle (note: my hair was seriously still sticking up every direction) and asked hubby, "Heyyyy, notice any thing different?" Which is only THE most loaded question ever! LOL

So yeah... that anti-climactic number a week or so ago that was supposed to "mean" something and didn't suddenly feels really different just a few pounds lower. Probably because this number isn't a nice round one, but is instead just a number I haven't seen in a really freaking LONG time. And is treading very close to my wedding weight. In not very long I may actually be at a lower weight than I was the day I got married nearly 15 years ago... and that's all WOW and shit for me.

So I was really feeling great about it... And then.

And then. And then.
            Don't you fucking hate "And then..."

The "And then" is that I went to a birthday party for my step-brother-in-law last night. And I had a nice time, I drank a couple of beers, or rather Guinness and ciders. We laughed, we had fun, I thought I looked nice, after all I recently went down a size.

But today there were pictures. Pictures to show me the flaws on my body from angles that I don't regularly see. Pictures to remind me that where fat has melted away, that there is still fat but less of it, and that there is a flabby softness that shows up horribly in photos. And my success seems suddenly like so much less...

And I'm strangely jealous of women with small arms and huge guts that easily hide behind the table because they can photograph well, whereas my curvy hips, round butt, and smaller waist is quite attractive while standing... but my fat arms (esp wings left from weight loss, and the fact that I tend to hold weight there, so I have more to lose) look horrible in a shirt comfortable for the temperatures and are highly visible above the table top making me look fatter than I am (IMO).
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• I recently had a photographer tell me that we all have "our own type of beauty."

I told him that I have vampiric beauty. It doesn't show up on camera.

Maybe you have the same kind of beauty?

(Congrats on the low that made you happy-dance, though!)
              http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Comment

• Originally posted by drssgchic View Post
                I recently had a photographer tell me that we all have "our own type of beauty."

I told him that I have vampiric beauty. It doesn't show up on camera.

Maybe you have the same kind of beauty?

(Congrats on the low that made you happy-dance, though!)

LOL that is hilarious. Vampire beauty. And cori, if it makes you feel better seeing you dancing around in plaid cheeky boyshort things your husband probably doesn't even realize you have arms let alone arms to stress over.

Comment

• listen to canio, he has man parts. he knows these things

also, the vid is only half loaded because youtube is a pain in the ass, but i'm pretty sure that baby's gonna get et
                  beautiful
                  yeah you are

Baby if you time travel back far enough you can avoid that work because the dust won't be there. You're too pretty to be working that hard.
                  lol

Comment

• I think you are right... I'm going to go with Canio on this one. He has the right parts.

I also think that we wimmens are most often our own worst enemies.
                    Except for the part where I think I'm beautiful when I look in the mirror.
                    Stupid camera.

And BO... it's a happy ending. Teh babe lives! Right in the feeeeeels.
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• I still don't like zombies- but you're right- that was a plot with FEELS.

Comment

• I spotted this article posted in the IPMG(international Paleo Movement Group) on FB this morning, and I thought I'd share it. It's a really good read.
                        The Health and Fitness Industry Is Dead. And That Includes You, Paleo. - The Rebooted Body
                        I imagine I'll do some more reading at this site... haven't really explored further yet.
                        Wondering if Paula(pebbles) would appreciate a link to this in her journal... maybe I'll add it over there. Don't want to step on ant toes or anything. It's just some good reading about emotional issues and food IMO.

I also like the IPMG group on FB... I participated in a very nice and respectful debate there yesterday discussing high carb vs. low carb. Yes, respectful and civil. Wow, right! LOL
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• That is a good article. Thanks cori. I had no idea WPF and Paleo were fighting, then again, I really don't give two shits. Oh well.

Comment

• I like IPMG too, had some nice discussions there about all kinds of things. I like being able to share my experience using amino acids w/ a group that might actually be interested (as opposed to among friends, who DGAF).
                            Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by canio6 View Post
                              That is a good article. Thanks cori. I had no idea WPF and Paleo were fighting, then again, I really don't give two shits. Oh well.
                              I don't know about the WPFs and the Paleos either... but could relate it to the Matt Stones/Ray Peats and Primals here in this jacked up forum full of know-it -alls who have zero respect for individual needs. And sometimes don't even acknowledge the emotional factors around food as a legitimate or primary concern for many people.

The reality is eating real food that works for your body (whatever ratio that is) AND facing the emotional roadblocks that are your own or even eating right won't work long term because you are focused on the wrong goals.
                              That's why I thought that link was important.
                              I don't care about the branding/sugar/pufa pseudo-sci-babble wars between the Paleo/Primal/Peats/WPFs/Stone crowds either.

The few young jockish or naturally slim type know-it-alls here just have no clue that they are speaking to a crowd who really often does have very different weight loss issues than they do. They speak as if only a small minority of people have these issues when it's actually more accurate that many have actually been overweight for a long time and have tried multiple diets before and lost/gained back or failed.
                              They believe in the "you're just not doing it right" mantra.
                              Others believe they should be diagnosing people with thyroid/adrenal problems and telling them all sots of supplements to take.
                              I've even seen that from some of the weight loss success folks around this forum. Not long ago there was a post from Magnolia about how horrible and hungry and bitchy dieting made you, and how you'd lose friends because you weren't eating or drinking... and to put your big girl panties on and be happy to be miserable but skinny.
                              Well... not in my experience. I wrote a reply to all that drama and then deleted it.
                              I'm staying out of the forums these days. They are utterly ridiculous.
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• I liked the viewpoint in the article. Sadly, I'm so jaded by the fitness industry and for so long - I mean Jane Fonda made fitness videos - that part of me is thinking the article is a lead-in to a whole new fad.

But better than anything is seeing you posting on a regular basis again.

I never lost friends because of my food choices, but I did get the monthly *sigh* from my mother the year I was being really strict on calories and wouldn't go eat at the "fine dining" eateries she liked. TGIF, Ruby Tuesday, Applebee's - you know, mall restaurants. LOL.
                                "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

Comment

Working...
                                X