No announcement yet.

Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read some really ill-informed article (opinion piece is more accurate) about the term "foodie" and how it is UNIVERSALLY pretentious and privileged. A former classmate shared it on Facebook and was all "Ugh, totally" to whoever they sent it to. Sad feelings.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• I'll just leave this here...

That'll get you some love.
      Last edited by cori93437; 06-08-2013, 06:56 PM.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• Originally posted by cori93437 View Post
        Certified Food Lover here!

Though to some people I suppose I can come across as food snobbish... but it's just that I think food should taste awesome, or what's the point. I'm not wasting my calories on "meh." I want "ZING" and "awwww yeahhh"!
        And anyone who thinks "low food reward" is the answer is just sadly misguided, IMO.

My food is always going to be highly rewarding. That's just the way I roll.

Comment

• Say it with bacon! LMFAO

I don't use those acronyms lightly.

I just wish the last bit had the woman cooing over the bacon, for equal opportunity
          Depression Lies

Comment

• Originally posted by Paleobird View Post
            And anyone who thinks "low food reward" is the answer is just sadly misguided, IMO.

My food is always going to be highly rewarding. That's just the way I roll.
            Absolutely.
            That little cold steak churri snack was small, but extremely flavorful and complex. If it had been bland I can only guess I would have been trolling the kitchen looking for something else to munch.

As a matter of fact I really believe that the opposite of bland works well so much better! I like big flavors.

You know. Not the way the chemical engineers at snack companies do it with layers of sugars and salt to make you eat and eat, but with real lovely flavors that wake you up. Hot peppers, tang from lemon/lime and vinegar, herbs, GARLIC, etc. I'm low salt so the others go a long way.

Originally posted by namelesswonder View Post
            Say it with bacon! LMFAO

I don't use those acronyms lightly.

I just wish the last bit had the woman cooing over the bacon, for equal opportunity
            Yeah.
            After that if I were to wake up and find husband cooking me bacon I would probably swoon into his arms dramatically.
            I'd totally take it as a proposal to renew our vows on a romantic sunset beach in Fiji.

That may be one of the most awesome commercials ever.
            “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Let's see.

Saturday.
              Saturday was pretty icky.
              It was a monsoon day here in FL.
              No grilling for me!
              I had to go with the oven, and what I had on had was chicken boobs.
              I coated them in some bacon fat to make them sticky and then a crust of italian-y dry herbs(basil heavy, parsley, bay, savory, and marjoram wizzed in the herb coffee grinder) mixed with minced garlic, and minced sundried tomato.
              Baked at 450... still juicy inside.
              That and big mess of sauteed fresh green beans, portabella mushroom strips, and cherry tomatoes.
              Pre-sauteed the mushrooms in some bacon fat, blanched the green beans and drained, got them both together in a skillet to finish with some aged balsamic and some good shakes of Worcestershire sauce along with the halved cherry tomatoes just to warm them up and singe the edges.

Sunday...
              Husband was really tired and not so hungry. His knee was killing him from spending all morning on a dog track.
              So, hot dogs for dinner! LOL
              I know that doesn't sound very primal. But wait...
              I only eat good ones. And well, 20%.
              They are still way too salty for me and I have to take extra meds to compensate. But I do it now and then because I love this one brand!
              It's a New York state brand called Hoffman's. I don't actually like the hot dogs. I've never met a hot dog I like.
              I ONLY like the "Snaps".
              They are white, made with pork and veal, gluten free, and taste more like a sausage with the texture of a hot dog.
              They are divine.
              Now is the part where some people will cringe...
              Two grilled snaps, sauteed onions on top, a couple of dabs of my homemade bacon mayo, a couple of more dabs of sour cream, and top that with a generous amount of sauerkraut(cabbage with shredded carrot, has caraway seed).
              Yes... that's how I always eat my Snaps, and sausages like italian's or brats. Sometimes I add sweet peppers to the onions too.

Husband had Hoffman's dogs... dressed however he does it.
              We both had some salad(no tomatoes, as I was out) and two slices of cantaloupe, about 1/4 of a smallish melon, each as well.
              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• These are the best hotdogs ever:
                U.S. Wellness Meats — Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too.

Not sure about the exact salt content but at least there isn't any other nasty stuff in it and the spices are great. They have regular and garlic but of course I like the garlic ones better.

Sometimes you just gotta have a hot dog.

Comment

• So returning the food pron favor...

Shakshuka:

Diced tomatoes
                  Chopped onions
                  Chopped yellow pepper
                  Cubed eggplant
                  sharp paprika
                  smoked paprika
                  thyme
                  cumin
                  S&P
                  turmeric
                  tomato paste
                  grilled sausage
                  egg yolk (poached)
                  Gorgonzola

Comment

• I do not like hot dogs.
                    Ever. Never in my entire life.
                    The flavor profile is kind of like bologna. Gah! Barf.

I'll stick to my Snaps on occasion as a hold over from times less Primal. At least they are gluten free and pretty clean.
                    ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• I wonder how the spammer knows I wear Oaks?
                      Spies!
                      Spies I tell you!

I hope the NSA is all over this shit...
                      ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I wonder how the spammer knows I wear Oaks?
                        Spies!
                        Spies I tell you!

I hope the NSA is all over this shit...
                        Those rat bastages are just getting started....

Comment

I do not like hot dogs.
                          Ever. Never in my entire life.
                          The flavor profile is kind of like bologna. Gah! Barf.
                          hot dogs are made very much like bologna.... just stuffed in smaller casing..... both are an emulsion of fat and very finely ground meat (with a smattering of chicken lips, and pork squeel added for good measure)

Comment

• Originally posted by ssn679doc View Post
                            hot dogs are made very much like bologna.... just stuffed in smaller casing..... both are an emulsion of fat and very finely ground meat (with a smattering of chicken lips, and pork squeel added for good measure)
                            It's strictly a flavoring issue.
                            All hot dogs I've met have basically the same flavor profile regardless of quality... and that flavor registers as "icky" to me.
                            I sometimes had to eat hot dogs as a kid and could do it, but only by swallowing chunks like horse pills without chewing.
                            It's not that I'm bothered by solidified emulsions of fat, or off cuts, or anything...
                            I eat the "bad parts" perfectly willingly on their own... and head cheese too.

Now those "Snaps" are a different story.
                            Same method as hot dogs, but different meat and different spices for flavor.
                            I really like those.
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

It's strictly a flavoring issue.
                              All hot dogs I've met have basically the same flavor profile regardless of quality... and that flavor registers as "icky" to me.
                              I sometimes had to eat hot dogs as a kid and could do it, but only by swallowing chunks like horse pills without chewing.
                              It's not that I'm bothered by solidified emulsions of fat, or off cuts, or anything...
                              I eat the "bad parts" perfectly willingly on their own... and head cheese too.

Now those "Snaps" are a different story.
                              Same method as hot dogs, but different meat and different spices for flavor.
                              I really like those.
                              yup... most dogs are spiced exactly the same....... hence they all taste the same....

Comment

• Never have cared for tube steak or bologna. They're both equally horrid tasting. I'll eat tripe, I love me some heart, I can tolerate liver, but hot dogs and bologna rarely pass my lips.
                                Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                                My Latest Journal

Comment

Working...
                                X