No announcement yet.

Primal Feet First: In Search of Lost Time or Remembrance of Things Past

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't really been around consistently for the past 7 years to try =\.
    Depression Lies

Comment

• I really, REALLY, wish that the plants and trees would figure out a better way of sexing each other up and stop inflaming my facial orifices with their nasty wayward spores of love.

Do I need a gas mask???
      Last edited by cori93437; 02-03-2013, 02:13 PM.
      “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
      ~Friedrich Nietzsche
      And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Comment

• “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• So ADORBS!!!

I loooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeee fugglers!
          “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
          ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• So tonight I was watching UFC Ultimate Fighter with husband and Chael Sonnen was saying something, evidently something something he's said before, a bit of a motto for him, and it quite struck me. It was this:

"Have you ever heard the expression, "Failure is not an option?" - That is not true. Failure is always an option. And it's the most prevalent and ready option there is. You've got to work really hard to make sure that you don't fall in to that option. There's all sorts of ways to fail... "

And there I am sitting in my chair and laughing right out loud, and saying "Thank fuck for some HONESTY! I mean seriously, it's the truth... "

To overcome a thing, we must first acknowledge it.

Now, in the past I haven't been a Chael fan.
            Not by a long shot!
            Pretty much hated the guy...
            His WWE style of mouthiness seriously annoyed me. But I'm really starting to like him now. He has some great insights that he is willing to share, and he is one of the few guys that I've seen that speaks from a place other than sloppy cliche. That WWE smack talk was his weird sort of sense of humor and his own version of fight hype I think, and I'm learning to forgive him for the things I previously didn't understand at all.
            I'm pretty sure he's a smart cookie. If an odd one.

Failure is always an option.
            You just have to figure out how to avoid it.
            Sometimes the best you can do is a tie. Break even.
            Sometimes you give it all you've got, lose anyway, and just have to learn something for the next round.
            Hopefully you learned something anyway... pay attention!
            (Don't worry, I have trouble with that one sometimes too.)
            But everyday, if you are actively working at succeeding, you are closer to your goals.
            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Yeee... the teeth kind of creep me out a bit...
              Primal since March 5, 2012
              SW: 221 | CW: 204 | LPW: 166 | UGW: 140 (80 lbs loss)

Comment

• Originally posted by jenn26point2 View Post
                Yeee... the teeth kind of creep me out a bit...
                Me too, but the message is very spot on. I wonder how many people sacrifice for a relationship (giving up a favorite hobby or forgoing a career to stay at home with kids etc) and resent it for life.

Comment

• Hehehe... I LOVE the teeth.
                  The lady makes all sorts of them.
                  She has an etsy shop, and has just been able to stop her job to pursue her Fugglers full time now.
                  Mrs McGettrick's Fuggler Emporium by cathairandteeth on Etsy
                  And a FaceBook page I follow too, where she posts new updates like that Bacon-tine yesterday. Though it sold so fast I never would have even had a chance.
                  https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mrs-M...827539?fref=ts

I'm not sure why I love them more than "cute" things.
                  They just have so much character. <3
                  ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• I love how creepy they are, but I wouldn't want one in my house!
                    Depression Lies

Comment

• I want to buy one and name him Bob and put him on the same shelf as my Little Big Planet sackdevil.
                      Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
                      My Latest Journal

Comment

• Originally posted by naiadknight View Post
                        I want to buy one and name him Bob and put him on the same shelf as my Little Big Planet sackdevil.
                        I knew someone would understand. *nods*
                        I'm also a sack dude fan... the sack dudes from 9 were particularly cool.
                        ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• My current stress level just increased by 1000 fold again.
                          It's only the 6th and I'm about to concede the entire month of February as a "plateau month" right now.
                          Or maybe the stress will get so great that I'll elevate to my "just not eating at all" place rather than "nervously picking a bit too much so that I'm not losing" place.

However, I'm sure there will be much to learn during these times, of that I am certain.
                          Introspection will be at hand while I try to find pathway in dealing with the current situation...

~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• And I have to roast the damn duck anyway.
                            Last edited by cori93437; 02-06-2013, 05:12 PM.
                            ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Note to self... Roast ducks more often when you are seriously unhappy.
                              Ducks should not just be celebration food.
                              Their fat is so delicious it makes things seem better than they actually are.
                              *OMGALLTHEDUCKFATandSKINdroooooool*
                              ~Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

• Yay for roast duck; boo to stressful life situations. Hope the stress lifts soon, my dear.
                                I like badgers, books and booze, more or less in that order.

Comment

Working...
                                X